All I want is your trade goods. Stop making me kill your defenders.

I don't raid much. Initially I ought it was just inactive accounts with outposts set up when we could still lose trade goods in raids. I'm starting to think people are doing it to try to win defenses and get points. Either that or most accounts are inactive.
jesterRedEye52psychwolfdaeguneb23淡水地鼠

Comments

• sborgsborg Member Posts: 539
    Felio said:

Some people place defenders so that you cannot have a scout run to the box right after the gate is open. They block the path and demand to be murdered instead.

So, what's the strategy there? Have the scout grab the TGs and the whole team skedaddles back out the gate and fights walkers until time expires? How does that work, exactly?
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    It's great when you can grab TGs without hospital time. I tried an outpost setup like that and people still attacked, forcing me to lose influence. I need my influence to maintain my tier, so now I set up the best defense I can. I dont begrudge anyone who wants to earn influence and move up tiers, but I dont want to lose mine, so I wont be filling my outpost with my unlevelled survivors.

If someone makes it easy to grab TG's and run, I usually will. But sometimes I like to fight. It makes outpost more fun, but the tradeoff is healing time.
    BBRidaegunSCBMA
  • SerpSerp Member Posts: 606
    If you want my TG's you gotta earn them!
    DLichAngieMathesongespuerPatient0
  • AnielAniel Member Posts: 96
    edited November 2016
    I don't understand, how is possible raiders are allowed to flee as soon as they want?

Once they open the door, they should be forced to finish it or be defeated, lot of times I didn't gain IP because they fled when they found out they would surely lose.

Raider should not be able to flee "at-their-pleasure" once they open the door without losing IF or TG, they are both surrounded ahead by survivors and back from walkers.
    Defenders should be awarded with TG for each successful defense, not just IP.
    STODSYdaegunmas_killerATLAS-ZGODisFakeSiddaway33
  • GladiGladi Member Posts: 616
    edited November 2016
    Well, Im still in doubt if 3k+ influence is worthy to have or not, so unless it is really necessary, I dont go for influence and grab TGs only. When it is really not worthy(expected long hospital time), Im quitting after opening gate/finding out defenders setup, but usually I place my scout with interrupt weapon on overwatch close to melee defender and I try to stun rest with assault. Usually I grab TGs in 2nd or 3rd round and left 1 or 2 defenders alive. Cannot say Im 100% effective, but I grab about 95% of TG crates and 80%+ raids are without injury on my side. Running out of useful survivors on my side can happen only if both my scouts are in hospital and that is pretty seldom. With outpost production and personal challenge rewards(360stars) Im getting 60k+ TGs per week. And my outpost is defended with 3 meele chars lvl11 with TG crate in front...my defenders always murdered, ppl are just too greedy...
    MizTyInspTurbinesInvaderCraig522
  • Survivor420Survivor420 Member Posts: 103
    In 3k tier i had 3 lvl 19 legendary defenders in my outpost. Sometimes would go a week without getting raided. Sometimes win defense killing attackers, sometimes they kill me, sometimes just taking trade goods and leaving. I read a post here bout not making it hard to get trade goods thought it sounded good. I put 3 lowest defenders in the corners of room on stationary. I was raided constantly every single attacker killing my Team every time. So i put back my thugs and have been raided twice since.
  • srmcn1031srmcn1031 Member Posts: 565
    I have it set so people can easily get the tg crate, but they still go after my defenders. I guess some get gready. But it is what it is.
    Top8dogNeil_JGinnydoll0703
  • DarkZeroDarkZero Member Posts: 339
    Yup...

photo tumblr_no9d35J0qA1rv5j9yo1_500_zpst1ntrs0d.gif
    Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition! The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me DZ.
    Top8dogGinnydoll0703iBolski
  • SteeboonSteeboon Member Posts: 482
    A couple of noob questions;
    1) Do the raiders incur damage if they hit the flee button? Something like when you flee from challenges?
    2) There used to be an official outpost thread but I can't seem to find it anywhere anymore. Has it been removed?
    Thanks in advance!
  • Top8dogTop8dog Member Posts: 738
    Can answer your first question,.. You won't receive damage but you may lose influence if you don't reach the tg reward box,... Somewhere between 8-19

Never seen the official thread sorry
    I love the game,.. I criticise a lot,.. I appreciate the good,.. And battle the bad

DON'T TALK,.. THINK

Lose Ends Make My Ass Itch

Maggie,.. I'll Find You,.....
    Hopeless
  • Top8dogTop8dog Member Posts: 738
    Really,... Sweet if I'd have known that I'd have saved some hospital time,.. Only just started playing raids,.. For new weapons,.. So basicly if someone's blocking my path I can run without damage,.. Cheers for that @JayZ
    I love the game,.. I criticise a lot,.. I appreciate the good,.. And battle the bad

DON'T TALK,.. THINK

Lose Ends Make My Ass Itch

Maggie,.. I'll Find You,.....
  • MizTyMizTy Member Posts: 1,335
    @Steeboon
    I'm afraid Top Dog steered you wrong. Your survivors will not receive additional damage, nor will you lose influence if you Flee anytime after taking the flag in the first section of the map. (So no, it is not like the challenges).
    SteeboonTop8dog
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,020
    @Top8dog No problem. Happy raiding! :)
    Elder in Legacy Eh, a top 10 global Challenge and Guild Wars guild
    PM me or visit this link to join the Eh family!
    Visit this link for my Distance and Challenge strategy videos
    rgerkmanTop8dog