All I want is your trade goods. Stop making me kill your defenders.

Comments

• daegundaegun Member Posts: 135
    edited November 2016
    @Jaden

Thanks for the "disagree"

Outposts raids without consequences are nothing more than a free trade goods grab. It is borderline exploitative. IMO if you open the gate it should be all or nothing. Either you do it all and get all the rewards or you fail and get nothing, losing influence.

Most of my "failed defense" "losses" are cheap grab and runs. It's cheap and doesn't function in the spirit of pvp.

So yes, if you open my gate to just grab the box and run - I've chosen my defenders and outpost layout wisely and you'll have one or more of your attackers put kindly in your time out box (hospital).

If you're actually looking for a fight and influence grab, I look forward to the challenge and wish you (honestly) the best of luck. This is what the outpost system was intended to be about.

If the "flee" option went away after opening the gate, I'd passively rise to the 5k+ influence tier from all the "defense wins" that would result.

For now, since the changes I refuse to offensively play outpost raids. They're boring and most people don't want a real fight anyways.

Say no to cheesy free trade goods.

Happy hunting
    psychwolfVudnikGrimGaelJadenmongo911SCBMAGinnydoll0703Gebobstpzinho
  • tallinietallinie Member Posts: 385
    Im quite happy with outposts as they are right now. Reasonable variety in maps (although most are still Rural), good matchmaking, less hospital time and much more fun than explorative missions and challenges. Good work NG.

What comes to defenders blocking way to trade goods. Not sure what is motive but Im glad there arent too many. And mostly you can slash them with minimal or no hospital time. No daeguns at my matchmaking level :)
    Invader
  • Top8dogTop8dog Member Posts: 738
    Aniel said:

I don't understand, how is possible raiders are allowed to flee as soon as they want?

Once they open the door, they should be forced to finish it or be defeated, lot of times I didn't gain IP because they fled when they found out they would surely lose.

Raider should not be able to flee "at-their-pleasure" once they open the door without losing IF or TG, they are both surrounded ahead by survivors and back from walkers.
    Defenders should be awarded with TG for each successful defense, not just IP.

I fear if you change that,... Outposts would be renamed ghost towns,...
  • GrimGaelGrimGael Member Posts: 1,410
    I'll have a bit more to say about this once I rest and collect my thoughts.
    Until then, remember what @OneLessTitan taught you.
    http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/15720/will-you-lay-down-your-arms-and-surrender-with-me#latest
    Top8dogTheLostOnesArtisans
  • JerryDixonJerryDixon Member Posts: 386
    I'm a survivor so I just grab the TG and leave. In an apocalypse do you really want to find out if you might be able to win against someone elses defense? Plus as we know "all life is precious."
    Jerry Dixon
    JSS
    Top8dogggbatsCreatureoftheNightgespuer
  • Marcus6253Marcus6253 Member Posts: 210
    @Felio Thanks for this discussion. I am a long time player but only just started playing raids to get the trade goods. I wasn't aware you could grab the goods and go. Thanks to this thread I can now maximize my trade goods earned while minimizing hospital time. I also recognize when I come into a setup where the trade goods are easy to grab without fighting. In those cases, I take the goods and leave the defenders alone; win/win for both of us. But, if the defense is setup so that I have to fight, I'll fight and eliminate the defenders unless the match has me fighting level 20 pink starts with my 18 blues. Even I recognize a hopeless case when I see one.
    GrimGaelTop8dogVerbaubGinnydoll0703
    @Jaden

So basically you want free trade goods without the "pvp" (if you can call it that) from the only "pvp" aspect this game has to offer?

Thank you for clarifying that for me.

In the meantime I just chose an outpost setup that is (for pvp purposes) less than ideal for the sheer fact that it makes a dash to my box even less possible without injury or death.

The result?

My influence is rising.

The guys who can handle the fight can still win but I'm killing off more of the squads only there for the dash and run.

You guys and this discussion may help me rise to the 5k tier without ever doing another offensive raid.

Say no to free cheesy trade goods.

Happy hunting!
    MadPuppyJadenszgerg77PowerUK
    I spent a lot of time carefully choosing and leveling up both my outpost defenders and their gear ... which nets me 4K trade goods every 2 weeks.

Yep sounds like a free ride for sure!
  • ComanComan Member Posts: 55
    edited November 2016
    Aniel said:

I don't understand, how is possible raiders are allowed to flee as soon as they want?

Once they open the door, they should be forced to finish it or be defeated, lot of times I didn't gain IP because they fled when they found out they would surely lose.

Raider should not be able to flee "at-their-pleasure" once they open the door without losing IF or TG, they are both surrounded ahead by survivors and back from walkers.
    Defenders should be awarded with TG for each successful defense, not just IP.

@Aniel
    Very interresting idea, about the fleeing. Once gates are open, only option to flee is to return to the extraction point. Then youd have to face both walkers and survivors... (Keep this a secret from NG!)

But then again, what happens when the 7 turns are over? Do I see myself trapped and let the timer timeout? Once I see Ive got nowhere to go, I can just stop playing and watch TV. NextGame dont want that im sure, they want us to speed-run and spend more gas.

Seccond off, you lose defence and influence. How did you get that influence in the first place? I call it bitch nuts aka Karma.

Personally I run only for the TG, but I feel tempted if blocked. Then I really think through it before I go all in. Mostly turns out good, but at times Karma is bitching my nuts well into virgin Marias holy cave of regretfull sin to replenish and recover.

I allways promise her not to act on such sin-full acts, ever, but then some fool block my TG again...
    Top8dog
  • tallinietallinie Member Posts: 385
    I noticed I had raised too much in influence due to successful defends so I temporarily replaced my A team with avg 11 lvl defenders to go back in terms of influence where I want to be. It was just minutes after that when my defenders were slaughtered by 20 lvl team. TG chest is sitting next to gate and my defenders set to stationary far away. So my plan is working indeed very well. I will let you know if someone can resist the temptation... :smiley:
    Top8dog
    Some can and do, @tallinie you would have to change ones name to kill_us for me to do it. Depending on tier about 1 in three or so take the high road.
  • AnielAniel Member Posts: 96
    edited November 2016
    Neil_J said:

Personally, I don't want half of your shit - I want all if it.
    Put your defenders in the way and they will die.
    Leave me a clear route and they can live. After all, how can they make more shit for me it they're dead?

I've left my TG for free collection too, but I don't recommend pissing my defenders off. Just collect, stay for a friendly beer & barbeque if you like (as @DLich has done recently), then leave and nobody gets hurt.

@daegun It's called community spirit mate ;)
    No need for selfishness.

I understand your point of view, the free rewards, but I am sure the content creators did not mean to make outpost work this way.

There should be competition, rewards and risks. Like I said, they should invoice the players by having rewards for successful defense.
    daegun
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,067
    daegun said:

I spent a lot of time carefully choosing and leveling up both my outpost defenders and their gear ... which nets me 4K trade goods every 2 weeks.

Yep sounds like a free ride for sure!

I spent a lot of time carefully choosing and leveling up both my outpost attackers and their gear ... I have to pay gas for raiding and almost always end up in the hospital.

Yep sounds as much like a free ride as what you do does.

For some reason it seems that you think getting TG from raiding is for free and doesn't involve any investment whatsoever. That's not true, just in case you didn't know because you don't actively raid.
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    @Aniel Maybe they didn't intend it to be the way it is from the beginning. They did make it competitive and cut throat and all around nasty. Not many were playing outposts before, so they did a lot of work to revamp them and make them enjoyable for more people. Now more people are playing them. In many more different ways. So it's turned out to be better in ways that perhaps couldn't be anticipated. I doubt that's a big problem for them.
    There is plenty of competition for people who want it. @Daegun is having fun, being competitive in his way.
    I am doing something completely different.
    @Neil_J is doing something different again from both of us.
    My friend who just started a month ago was completely ignoring them. I showed him a few things and now he's tinkering around with them in his way, when he wants.
    Some are still totally ignoring them. Also cool.
    When I comment about my play style, it's more to say--hey, this is how I do it and it's pretty fun--than to tell people their way sucks. I do what I do because it fits my capabilities and temperment. But I'll say thanks to all of the people who posted about what they do, it helped me figure out what I wanted to do.
    And though I rarely lavish praise, hey @Shteevie and team, good job on outposts.
    DoTakCreatureoftheNight
  • DerDer Member Posts: 54
    I always leave any weak survivors untouched if they don' t block my route.
    Except if they are named "please" "kill" "us" - just happened recently
    GrimGael