All I want is your trade goods. Stop making me kill your defenders.

Comments

• PaulusPaulus Member Posts: 58
    @tallinie but when it's the other way round I take some satisfaction in wiping them if I can. Although my match up is not as bad as yours. On this raid, I felt I should have been rewarded more as the defender chose also to have only. 4 lvl 1 walkers
  • PaulusPaulus Member Posts: 58
    Oh, the matchup was me raiding two lvl 20s and a lvl 19. And I'm always raided by 3 lvls above me. Having said that, I am not sure if I'm blocking my loot in my own outpost...
  • TheLostOnesTheLostOnes Member Posts: 3,030
    Whenever I read the title of this thread I think of the chorus of this song:

I'm lost.

Check out the DMZ guild. We're recruiting. Here.
    Teeceezy
  • ComanComan Member Posts: 55
    @deagun
    "nse" "losses" are cheap grab and runs. It's cheap and doesn't function in the spirit of pvp."
    I agree on all exept the grab the tg and go all the way (or fail)
    Raiding is two sided, TG and influence. Latter is a long term commitment, TGs are the hit and run.

I like this. If you face a very potential threat IRL youd probably leave your wallet. 'Just let me live' On the other hand, some will put up a fight (blocking the TG). A few simple minded persons will still kill you, and others might just give you a whack after getting your wallet.

I go for the TGs only, but will kill atleast the weakest positioned survivor if they have been placed within good reach and allowing me to get TG. This is my way of telling them how to improve their setup. 3k influence is good enough for me.

However, I think NG made outposts good as it is atm, it a quick run and grab game with depth, also 'cheap' on gas so you can spend leftovers from main missions such as challenge and scavenge.

jimmorrison369PapacasSurvivor420
  • mostlyharmlessmostlyharmless Member Posts: 153
    First at all: my english is worst - sorry.
    Wich Setting did i have to take at the rual field map? Especially for the TG Box, so that the scout is able to reach the box into one turn.
    By the way, i think that is a great ideal to take all the Trade Goods without any hospital time.
    So, thank you to all, who in the future my defendants no longer attack.
    GrimGaelDeadBeatSurvivor420
  • GrimGaelGrimGael Member Posts: 1,410
    @mostlyharmless I use lakeside to give away TG. Almost everyone uses rural fields and it gets monotonous.
  • mostlyharmlessmostlyharmless Member Posts: 153

Thanks a lot @ GrimGael
    I will try it with this setting.
    GrimGael_NoNamebigbeanoSurvivor420
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 4,103
    Those who leave only a handful of low-level walkers to try and keep my team from charging up only makes me want to kill the defenders even more. I still try and go with the Scout Dash to grab the TGs and take what I can without defeating the defenders. However, if I see a poor setup, I do enjoy killing them just because the XP earned was below average.
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,067

Those who leave only a handful of low-level walkers to try and keep my team from charging up only makes me want to kill the defenders even more. I still try and go with the Scout Dash to grab the TGs and take what I can without defeating the defenders. However, if I see a poor setup, I do enjoy killing them just because the XP earned was below average.

I just can't afford to catch and upgrade more walkers since TG are needed for so many other things... Preventing people from charging would not help much anyway since I get mostly raided by level 19 or 20 against my level 17...
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    Governatorggbats
    It is true, my friends. Dealing with the public is messy business.
    mostlyharmless_NoNamebigbeano
    I sucked it up and upgraded my walkers. It was painful and caused a delay in the progress of my camp. I haven't captured max normal walkers, but some day might.
    If and when you choose to do it, max levels first. More than one 8th level armored walker wandering around and running away from my raiders just makes me sad for you.
  • Bryan18Bryan18 Member Posts: 155
    Is it easier in the lower levels of 3000 or would 3100 be the same as 3800 influence
    I seem to notice a small difference at 3500. Good mix of more challenge and people who get it. But that could be random, I've been called crazy before. Either way I'm staying for a while until I upgrade eq.
  • DaleDale Member Posts: 1,122
    I didn't place my fatties and armoreds in the outpost. People are welcome to take my TG. If I try to increase my influence, my guys just spend a lot of time in the hospital. It's easier to stay where I am and grab and run.

The thing about getting more influence to buy other stuff in the store: it's all overpriced so what is the point?
    GrimGaelInvaderSurvivor420
    I placed 2 tanks along the top edge so people can get the xp. If you really try you can avoid them I think.
    edited November 2016
    I never bothered upgrading my Armored and Tanks past Level 9. I got my regular walkers to Level 19 ages ago, but I don't see the point in using TG to level them up. I put my defenders in a position where anyone can do a Scout Dash and be done. I'm looking at doing the map that @GrimGael uses. That seems much more raider friendly.
    InvaderGrimGaelggbatsbigbeano
  • Conan1976Conan1976 Member Posts: 758
    @DLich you visit me quite often!!
    Looking for a guild? The Den is the place to be!
    We bring the fun back! Game Tips and Videos! Common interest non-game related chats too!
    Everyone is Welcome!

Grimes Den & Dixons Den: competitive / different play styles
    Shivas Den: semi-competitive / relaxed Maggies Den: training and growth

Email us to make our home your home: [email protected]
    DLichDarkZero
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,541
    @Conan1976 I play outposts a lot but don't pay attention to who I'm facing. Thank you for the TG's :)

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    Conan1976
  • masemase Member Posts: 3
    The way I see it is that I spent a load of trade goods to level up my walkers, and if you can get past my defence strategy then you earn my trade goods with a scout dash. Of course if you want to fight my survivors then that's cool too it's part of the game.

I'm also aware that allowing easy trade goods is letting players level up their walkers faster which in turn makes it harder to get to the goods in the first place.

Game on!
    Survivor420
  • Mikael08Mikael08 Member Posts: 24
    edited November 2016
    When i've started the game i didn't know much around so i've maxed thr Outpost in terms of walkers number/type and level.

Ok, now i use a lake house with easy acces to crates but i still have 9 Normals who are enough for everyone to charge their abilities and also kill my defenders.

So...is there any way to keep my current map to give them acces to crates but lower the number of Walkers around? I only want to keep my score above 3000, i don't really care about crates.

Can i not-assign my number of Normals but use 3 of them, for exemple?

Thanks.
    @Mikael08 Nope, much like building the outpost, capturing more normals is a one way trip. If you're feeling bad about your walkers, dress them in funny hats, it'll cheer everyone up. I really only need 5 to be confident on attack, 7 max, so really the too few walker defense is second best. I think your investment was sound. Your survivors make the difference.
    @Mase by all means put out walkers. I need the xp, especially because I don't indiscriminately murder survivors. It's what I do for people.
    Survivor420
  • _NoName_NoName Member Posts: 188
    @Shteevie I love that NG allows for an altenative strategy -> raiding TGs without having to kill the defenders. It's awesome and looking at my inventory of legendary gear I guess I have raided up to 0.5 mio TGs in the last few months.

There are a few players who are willing to defend their TG crate until their death ( :* ), which is ok, but there is only one map around which prevents even a scout to grab the stash and run -> the combination on RF2 with a middle map 3 & 4 (where the gate is just in the middle) won't allow this first move!

My christmas wish is a) either tweek the RF map a little, b) or give scouts one more field of range, or c) which would be the moste legendary move ... get rid of the hospital altogether and let the big fight and endless battle begin!

KARAZIPKALI
    Blergh. Do you have to tag him in every thread? Let the poor guy work.
    DarkZeroKARAZIPKALIIRONDee
    I used the map @GrimGael used with the same survivor placement ans people felt compelled to kill my survivors after grabbing the easy TGs. I'm now going back to the setup where you have to go through my survivors to get the TGs. They are going to have to work for it now and get hospital time. No more Mr. Nice Guy. :angry:
    GrimGaelSurvivor420
    Haha, yes they do, often. But I always appreciate those that don't. And I use it as a guideline to how many I kill when raiding so I stay at a constant inf level. It's part of the fun for me, and I'm too stubborn to let people who play that way to change my outlook one tiny bit, lol.
    Also, you can set up for the best of both worlds, give tg to scouts and have a good defense if it goes South. I just don't.