All I want is your trade goods. Stop making me kill your defenders.

Comments

• DeadCraigDeadCraig Member Posts: 24
    Is it worth getting my influence to 3000? I have deliberately kept mine very low (500) thinking that I will be able to grab tg easier from weak opponents or is the raid matching random?
  • GrimGaelGrimGael Member Posts: 1,410
    I like it @Movado but I just leave my hand picked nooby folks in there. If my influence starts to drop I just go on a murder spree. I know not everyone has the time though. So good thought.
    gespuerSurvivor420
    @DeadCraig I think it is, but I don't know your capabilities or style. You will have fewer 300 tg raids I would wager. Try it out and see. If it doesn't work replace your defense with low level commons from the free radio call. There’s a certain type of player that can not resist killing them and you can set your influence where ever you like. I love thinking of the manly way their chest must puff out when they kill 13th level stationary scouts, lol.
    JadenSurvivor420
  • CaptainslayerCaptainslayer Member Posts: 1,423
    I put decent defenders in with stun resistance so if they still go for my defenders they lose at least 1 or 2 survivors, my defense wins 1 out of 3 times which is kinda cool
    Elder of dragons weyr a top USA guild
    GrimGaelDarkZeroSurvivor420
  • GladiGladi Member Posts: 616
    Having TGs just behind gate and lvl11 survs was not working. Decent lvl19s are not working either.
    Survivor420
    Lol, yeah. I just raid. Attacking is (by design) easier than defending, so if you raid you make it up just by the people who want to fight. If you are ethical and have a half-way (not even super ninja) defense your influence will climb. I don't listen to a lot of excuses, because if I posted screen shots of my survivors' equipment you'd all weep for me. I know not everyone has the time or inclination to raid, but if you don't, why worry about influence?
    Survivor420
    Also, in neither of those did you lose influence. So why worry, are you being a grinch? Let the TG flow!
    Papacas
    @RikiKovin don't label your people "only take tg please" then put one in the way. Hard to stop killing once I start sometimes. But it worked out. Peace.
    bigbeanoSurvivor420
  • DarkZeroDarkZero Member Posts: 339
    GrimGael said:

@RikiKovin don't label your people "only take tg please" then put one in the way. Hard to stop killing once I start

*Grabs Popcorn With Eager Anticipation*
    Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition! The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me DZ.
    GrimGael1Ris
    Are you refering to me @GrimGael? I have super easy setup for grabbing TGs, even scout not needed. But even though I dont want to raise my influence, I was not really happy seeing my survs murdered all the time(while having lvl11 defenders). So I put in my decent guys with decent equip(not the best, one can have, but some pieces are not really bad). So if someone want to get TGs and want to have fight, he/she have to count with hospital time. If anyone visit me with intension of only getting TGs, there is 100% no hospital time guarantee. Let the TG flow indeed.
    GovernatorGrimGaelPapacasSurvivor420
  • tallinietallinie Member Posts: 385
    edited November 2016
    @gladi i probably have the same map setup, lake side with tg box next to gate. when i put in weak defenders as stationary and behind walls, just one out of about 40 did not kill them i.e. 39 of 40 killed them. Then I replaced them with 20 lvl defenders with decent traits and weapons/armors and just 1 out of 8 is now trying to kill them.. And most likely enjoying some injuries and hospital time.
    Survivor420
    @tallinie When I raid, I go for TGs only. Sometimes I kill one or two defenders to clear my way to TGs, trying to avoid killing all 3 to not raise my influence. And I expected others to do the same. So I placed my not trained survs as stationary and allowed all to get easy TGs grab. But my survs were murdered 100% time. So I said myself: Ok, if you want to raise your influence, you have to do somethink about that(TGs are still just after gate, yes lake one). After that I was attacked twice, both attackers ended with 2 dead(and 2 of my defenders were dead to) and one not even grabbed TGs. Really dont know, why ppl use such stupid setup(triple hunter or double hunter and warrior) if they want to get influence. I went thru many raids where I was able to kill all defenders without single scratch to my team(RF3 map is one of best for this) and my team is not set for kill all. I use scout, assault and shooter. Scout for TGs(oh really? nobody expected this :smiley: ), assault for stun any force that is blocking my way and shooter to get rid of stunned "obstacles". Once I will decide to go for influence, I´ll use double shooter and assault or bruiser, assault and shooter.
    Btw what do you mean with middle way? Proper team that will guarantee +- same influence raise/loss? Dunno.
    @Gladi is was the "not working either" that I was questioning. I thought you were trying to close off the TG and kill all attackers. Looks like your set up is working for you, if not for them...
    @DarkZero no popcorn needed. We had a nice inbox chat and it was a mismatch of methods. It would appear I'm...odd.
  • Ginnydoll0703Ginnydoll0703 Member Posts: 3
    I thought you had to complete all 3 goals. I wasn't aware that you can just grab the tg & flee. If you do that though, you don't gain influence, correct?
    GrimGaelJaden_NoNameszgerg77
    @GrimGael I meant that ppl were not satisfied with TGs and were killing my puny survs and after I "administer" my B-team in outpost, they were still not satisfied enough with easy TGs grab and still trying to kill my defenders. You´re right that my team managed to kill some attackers and thus they were not able to complete their "kill all" mission. But I hoped that attackers will realize there is way too big danger of hospital time and they will quit after grabbing TGs. And from that my "not working either" reply came, because it was not working this way.
    GrimGaelSurvivor420
  • _NoName_NoName Member Posts: 188
    Some players are just not aware of the complete function and try their luck all the time despite hospital time. I just kill defenders when they stand in my way ... all I want are TGs <3
    gespuerSurvivor420
    @_NoName Sometimes defenders are good adition to XP/tomatoes acquired in raid. But usually I go only for TGs too, as starting fight with defenders brings increased chance of hospital time. On the other hand, killing one or two "obtacles" to get TGs seems to me very appropriate. And yes, even @Ginnydoll0703 seems to not knew getting only flag and TGs is allowed strategy.
    Love is winning out: two in a row--
  • sicariussicarius Member Posts: 57
    Not sure why everyone is unhappy people go after their defenders AND TGs? The only way to increase tiers is by adding the influence points gained by taking out all the defenders. So if I want to get my tier higher, it's not enough to just take the nicely laid out TGs (which, in most of my raids, are NOT nicely laid out).

It's not like players can choose between "free TG" opponents and "work for the TG" opponents.
    GrimGaelSurvivor420
    Speaking only for myself, I am not unhappy. If I were, I know the setup, have some stun resist gear, and have maximum special walkers.
    It's more respect. If you want to go up a tier, there are plenty who want to fight. I run into them every day. Some good, some not. But if you need to kill my sub-level stationary scouts to do it, I pity you. Also, I can't wait until you do go up a tier, lol. I wish you nothing but speedy advancement. I can guarantee you aren't going to stay there by doing things like that.
    Likewise tradegoods. There are plenty of awesome defenses you can set up that give access to the tradegoods for scouts only. How does someone know I'm not there to kill the defenders? I bring a scout. I can kill some sets of defenders with a scout on my team, but it's not my murder crew by any stretch.
    Obviously, many will not care what I think. That's fine too, lol. I've always said play the game you want to first and foremost. For most it's a big investment in time--so to not have fun doing it is just crazy.
    PapacasbigbeanoSurvivor420
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    When I'm raiding these days, I will mainly grab TG and run if I can, but I won't flee if someone wants a battle.

My own TG are out front and easy to grab for any class, not just a scout. But I don't like to lose, and raiders were slaughtering my lowbies, so my defenders are now stationed in fighting position in case you want to stay more than one turn.

I love waking up to a passive influence gain from fighters who can't handle my guys.

GrimGael_NoNameSurvivor420
    Yep, that's what I do when I'm not able to raid. When I can, doesn't matter--I can set my influence where I want it by taking fights or not.
    You gave to stun her or kill first, she is bit badass. Or bring real killers for raid.
    @GrimGael Never in my outpost...
    GrimGael
    GrimGael said:

Are these your defenders, @_NoName ?

Nope, not mine... but I've seen acounts which go by noname, NoName, or like mine _NoName
    GrimGael
    edited December 2016
    Quadruple post :-(
    edited December 2016
    edited December 2016