All I want is your trade goods. Stop making me kill your defenders.

Comments

• sborgsborg Member Posts: 575
    Ok, when faced with the other map, where the scout can't reach the TGs in one move, or any other similar map, do you fight or draw?
  • Squall_NMLSquall_NML Member Posts: 737
    edited December 2016
    @sborg
    It's up to you. I personally fight for it, and ended with bruised/injured :flushed:

Edit:
    Depends on with your back up survivors and gas, it's different case :)
    GrimGaelSurvivor420
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 4,103
    edited December 2016
    Vakali said:

sborg said:

So, along the lines of defending/not defending the TGs by positioning defenders, what about those maps where the TGs are out of reach of a scout making a one-move dash from the gate? Like map 2/4 of the field location? Attack or draw?

That map you show (double doors) is reachable in one move by the scout, that same map with 1 large door in the middle lower part is not.

Yes, it's the single door that makes it nearly impossible to reach the crate. It can be done as long as there's not a defender behind the wall to the bottom that disrupts the scout's path. I've been able to reach the crate in one scout move, but the path was clear.

Edit: I was wrong. I was thinking of the double door. The single door makes the scout dash impossible. So, the decision to Draw or Kill the Bastards is made at that point. :sunglasses:
  • JerryDixonJerryDixon Member Posts: 386
    @sborg I take the draw because I always raid with Maggie and don't want her out of okay. However, in addition to blocking the box or this unreachable map I'm also seeing a lot more Walker pits with almost no walkers. Unfortunately I maxed out my pit months ago so that strategy isn't available to me. Dash and grab is becoming less lucrative. :-(

Jerry Dixon
    Grey Wolf Society
    Jerry Dixon
    JSS
  • GrimGaelGrimGael Member Posts: 1,410
    I've met a lot of people on the road and at home. There are some good people out there, Daryl and Ester Dixon are among them. I hope you take heart and change your mind, Jerry. It is true that making your tg available will not stop those determined to kill. It will make life harder for those that are not.
    When I can, I wipe defenders blocking or sitting in maps that are what we call long runs, those a scout can't get in one round. I'll take a draw in a heartbeat, though. You'll only get influence on my attack if your defenders are so godlike as to take me out before I have a chance for a draw, or we are a drop of blood away from me winning. You get to guess which. And that will only happen when the next raid is a question of me swapping out some gear. Always a draw if 6 people are in the hospital. I have deep benches and no one is going to slow me down. That's why it's so pointless in my opinion.
    Marcus6253bigbeanoSurvivor420
  • nezzanezza Member Posts: 18
    My lovely TG are up for grabs, nice and close to the gates. I have my zeros (heroes) tucked away looking on, please leave them be.

I wish people would stop using rural fields though, I'm sick of seeing it. That map needs removing.
    GrimGaelblynknzbigbeanoFelio
    @GrimGael I'm not trying to gain influence.. Just trying to keep the influence I have. I'm hoping most or all will either draw or complete after grabbing the loot. After 10 or 20 defenses I'll reevaluate. Maybe I'll put the loot crate back out front.
    Jerry Dixon
    JSS
    GrimGaelSurvivor420
  • CaptainslayerCaptainslayer Member Posts: 1,423
    I've set my tg in a spot so it's easy to grab without having to engage and I get the occasional grab and run but usually the ppl come for a fight in particular lvl 20 guys against my 2 lvl 19's and 1 lvl 18 thinking they'll get easy influence, I don't mean to brag (okay maybe I do lol) but they usually lose at least 3 out of 5 times
    Elder of dragons weyr a top USA guild
    GrimGaelSurvivor420
    If anyone has a guildmate (lowercase) rowan, ask them for me to please please do anything but what they are doing in their outhouse. Really anything. Help them if you have to...
    bigbeano
    @GrimGael I went 9-1 blocking the loot. I moved the loot out front and the first raid they kill all my guys. So what other option do you see for me to keep my influence besides blocking the loot? How do you do it?
    Jerry Dixon
    JSS
    Survivor420
  • CaptainslayerCaptainslayer Member Posts: 1,423
    I leave my loot accessible (by scout) and have my guys strategically placed in case they want a fight with stun resistant armor and decent weapons and I win most of the time when they want a fight. @JerryDixon you'll always have someone that is going to kill your guys no matter what, not everyone is on the forum and some ppl do what the influence this thread is more about making it easier for the ppl that only want your trade goods like myself so if you don't block tg you won't be losing influence from me and other ppl in this thread
    Elder of dragons weyr a top USA guild
    @JerryDixon see my post about "douchilibrium" top of page 9 in the confession box thread.
    http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/16145/confession-box-for-outpost-raids#latest
    I don't worry about defense because I raid a lot. Note: not calling you or anyone specific a douche. It's phrased that way in response to a previous post. I just don't worry about influence at all, and more than make it up on attack. I put very low level defenders in my outpost. It sounds like you've found something that works for you, so go with it. If we run into each other, I'll try you out if enough people are out of the clinic. And my apologies, it was Ester Grimes, not Dixon. Been thinking about writing a correction.
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,541
    I put my crate in the middle with my defenders scatterred on all sides of the screen (top, right, bottom) so that if an attacker chooses to try and take me out they can't hit more than one in the same hit. Yet almost like clockwork everyday I wake up and someone killed my defenders.

@GrimGael if lvl 20 defenders were blocking the TG crates and we had to kill them to get to them it would be considered an "honorable kill" eventhough it would most likely take 3+ hits per defender and almost guarantee it'll require hospital time. Even if those defenders were lvl 9-12 like in my screen shot you're referring to the attacker would still be considered noble for "doing what they had to do" to get the crates.

But if we are lvl 50-58 player levels with lvl 19 & 20 survivors and run across an outpost with lvl 9-12 defenders in it a few things cross my mind right away. Why are these low level defenders in my tier? Does the opponent want me to kill these defenders? Surely if they are offerring me 15 influence to kill them they have to be equal to or higher than my own influence to offer such a decent amount? I don't come across such low level defenders often (almost never) and every other day someone takes some influence from me so this will counter that? Is it a glitch by NG that they even show up in my selection process (I mean if they really are such lower camp level I can't see that because their camp level is hidden) and if they see they're attacked by lvl 20 defenders and their players are max lvl 12 they can write to NG that it's unfair? If this person is similar camp level and similar influence surely they must have better defenders they could have put in here, why did they choose to select such lower level players to defend their outpost?

All these questions cross my mind in the blink of a moment. Then I kill them because of mainly 2 reasons.

1) Someone at sometime will kill my defenders causing me to lose influence. I don't care too much but I like remaining at the status quo (lose 15 one day while sleeping; win 15 today by an easy win).

2) I probably won't have this opportunity again to gain influence so easily.

Now I understand why it might seem "douchilibrium" to do such. I can't be the only person (even against lvl 20 defenders) that if I can stun all 3 in the first turn with my assault, then stab one with my scout to go to red, then on my second turn use my assault again to get the first 2 to go to red and kill the third one, then use my hunter's crit attack to kill the remaining 2 defenders then run to the crate with my scout and complete all 3.... to do this if it's possible regardless if they are blocking the crates or not.

If I can kill all 3 of someones opponents and take 0 hospital time doing so I will. I don't care about influence and raising a rank; but since there isn't a revenge mode yet I like the "status quo" and keeping my influence as it was. There will always be a player whom want's to take mine and I'll always be a player that wants to earn what was lost back BUT only if it doesn't cost me any gold (heal time)

Here are 2 instances where I get killed eventhough my tg's are easily accessable and my defenders are scattered all over the map.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    gespuerPowerUKsborg
    @Dlich whoa there. I see you put a lot of thought into that. I'm sorry my good natured joking with Vakali seems to have been so thought provoking.
    I play how I want to play and you should also play your game. And that's what it is, a game. I role play as a knight with a fairly inflexible moral code. Others may role play as Rick (a bit murkier) or Negan (pretty obvious) but with me almost no one that gave access to the tg has been killed. There have been slips, infrequent and regrettable.
    You absolutely don't want to compare tales of woe from the log, I'm one of the people you'd kill. Lake 4, low level stationary defenders. If you get hospital time at my camp, you're playing drunk. You'd also have to go past the tg and find them behind a wall. Why? I want to see and know the other knights out there. It's one in three to one in six on any given day. They are who I focus on and they brighten my day. If it were hard to kill my defenders, I'd never know if they were noble or cowardly. People who kill my defenders are a mere face in a crowd, they don't get a second thought.
    My defenders are named Sanctuary, FreeTG, and PayItForward, usually. I know English is not universal, but I reach who I can. DontKillMe seems a bit craven, and I like each to decide without pressure.
    Now, remember also, I understand not everyone even can play this way. I've specialized and invested my limited F2P resources into doing this for reasons of my own. Hospital time is a mere change of clothes for me. I surely don't have the gold for it either, lol, except one here and three there if nine people are in the clinic.
    DLichWahooDawggespuer1Ris
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,541
    I hope I didn't come across as confrontstional. There's a theory to why I kill if I kill which isn't often but only if able to be done without getting hit even once.

There's times where I get outposts 4-5 times in a row where I can't reach the crate due to outpost map or it being blocked. I won't kill attack and instead draw simply because I don't want to pay 18+ gold for 500 TG's

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    GrimGael
    Not at all. You were wondering at the reasoning behind that sort of outpost set up and I happened to have one, so I gave a peek behind the curtain. Note: I don't claim to be typical, so it's rather a case-by-case thing, lol.
    DLich
  • General_QuatreGeneral_Quatre Member Posts: 990
    Is anyone here 5000+/Platinum tier? Is it worth it? I'm now hovering around mid to high 4000s, and may be at a point soon where I need to decide if I should deliberately tank influence to stay in my tier. I don't p2p, so I'd rather not waste precious gas purposely losing raids, but I would if I hear that 5000+ opponents are significantly harder to "grab n go" from.

Although I kinda like the idea of living in platinum tier.... Thoughts??
    I'm using Lake 4 with loot crate on a silver platter. I also have level 20 legendary defenders with level 23 gear. If someone wipes my guys out I at least hope they get hospital time (heavy injury) or whatever plague @GrimGael can have his Merlin conjure up for their lack of nobility!
    Jerry Dixon
    JSS
    Fleas, we use fleas. Sometimes it's the little things, lol.
    Here you go, @DLich since we're into the finer points of humor, here's what happened while I stopped to chat. Then I ran right into someone blocking the tg for a net gain of 3, lol.
    DLichbababooey
    Excellent defense @gman But it's more shillelagh law here on the frontier. I guess white collar criminals aren't the only ones not getting punished. Better by far to share.
  • MovadoMovado Member Posts: 863
    Good observations @SCBMA I would further add the list as follows:

(Gold-Tier) = "I may grab TG, or I may kill defenders, I may do whatevers; it's hit-or-miss; random clusterf*ck tier"

(Platinum-Tier) = "I will grab TG and go if I don't think I can beat your defense"

(Master-Tier) = "I will grab TG and go AFTER I kill all your defenders first"

And so it is.
    SCBMA
  • General_QuatreGeneral_Quatre Member Posts: 990
    I guess if I'm low 5000s/Platinum and really don't like it, I'll just get bumped back down to Gold!
    GrimGaelSCBMA
  • MovadoMovado Member Posts: 863
    @SCBMA I know you from Forums, but what is your in-game name? (It's ok if it's a closely guarded secret). Just curious...

My raiders/defenders' names are a "Gears of War" reference, so they're all named accordingly based on similar (or sometimes not-so-similar) appearance.
  • bigbeanobigbeano Member Posts: 602
    Welp,I spread out my defenders 2 discourage bloodbaths,this doesn't always work though,so i said screw it,swapped out my hunter 4 Negan and also added a few other minor adjustments.This seems 2 have fooled a few pple into a false sense of security!Maybe i will leave him there,LOL!
    GrimGael
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,067
    @Movado @SCBMA
    And we still miss you both, it was awesome having you. ;)
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    MovadoSCBMA