Chapter missions

Does anyone actually have time to play the chapter missions?
I got to chapter 13 and through to the end 10 on hard, 8 on nightmare but now, between challenge missions and outpost raids to get the tg you now absolutely need unless yr willing to shell out real cash to buy the stuff you need (phones, decent weapons etc) I don't have time to even try the chapter missions any more.
Does anyone (without shelling out for gas boosters all the time)??

Comments

• JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,712
    Most high level players are more or less finished with chapter missions, and we wish we had the ability to go back and re-play them.

They are easily the most diverse set of missions that you can experience in the game, and the rewards are much better than any exploration mission.
    Proud member of Mavericks OG, a top 3 global GW and challenge guild.
    Message me on the forums or on Line (ID: jayztwdnml) if you're interested in joining the Mavericks family of guilds.

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGSePrANMyf_S_YKJyfJodg
    Strategy compendium: https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/41787/jayzs-nml-strategy-compendium
    Top8dogDoTak
  • wrinkled_bagwrinkled_bag Member Posts: 713
    edited November 2016
    I only play as part of the quest. Complete two story missions for gold.
    gespuerTop8dog
  • Marcus6253Marcus6253 Member Posts: 221
    I used to play the chapter missions to fulfill the Complete two story mission quest but then discovered that playing the Season 7 missions would satisfy that quest. To be honest, I have not been able to finish the Chapter missions. I am stuck at the last mission on 14 and with the super freemen have no way to complete it without having a survivor killed. I am on 10-2 for nightmare and 13-1 for hard. I have not been able to find decent weapons or get them upgraded to have a chance. With the recent interrupt nerf, it has become even harder. So I have given up.
    Top8dog
  • NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,070
    edited November 2016
    I just passed 13-5 on nightmare mode last night @psychwolf using Jesus in the leader slot and my best warrior in the 2nd spot. If you dont have Jesus yet to provide the damage boost, just use your two best warriors. Using warriors makes it easier to kill the armored walkers than any two ranged survivors. Make sure you allow the warriors to get the 3rd kill so they are charged before the first spawn. Once you free the shooter, use them to open the gate, positing your warriors on either side to block the remaining walkers and the freeman. If any of them touch the shooter, the countdown to open the gate stops. Good luck!
    psychwolfTop8dogDoTakanniesprinkles
  • Top8dogTop8dog Member Posts: 738
    I wish I'd thought of @NCDawgFan way,..

I passed it last night too but I went with two assaults to use the already charged stuns,...managed to get most of the herd in first stun,.. And same again with next run,...
    Next round killed them all and let crappy survivor run to fence trouble free
  • GreySeerGreySeer Member Posts: 308
    @psychwolf

I passed 13-5 in Normal last week (after numerous attempts). My tactic was pretty similar to @NCDawgFan

Used my two best legendary warriors and had the weakling shooter open the second gate. I only had that shooter on overwatch to prevent more spawn.

Key for my survival was, when the shooter opens the gate, a freeman appears. Kill that freeman first and asap, it will distract the walkers. It gave me enough time to open the gate and get out.

I took these survivors. Their armor is terrible, but still made it through.
    DoTakMizTyanniesprinkles