Guilds, how do they work?

How do guilds work? What are the benefits of being in one?
Alexandrains, gotta catch em' all!
Carly

Comments

• NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,065
    You join with 19 other players every week to compete in the challenges. You earn the same TG rewards you get playing alone, plus additional rewards (traditionally phones, but hero tokens this week). Another benefit is getting help from better players to help you progress in the game. I hope this helps. Good luck.
    NerfMeSidewaysTeeceezy707EmeraldTriangleJaden
  • NerfMeSidewaysNerfMeSideways Member Posts: 211
    You make friends too!
    707EmeraldTriangleJadenGee
  • YrcanosYrcanos Member Posts: 47
    edited November 2016
    I get that part from comments I've read, but how does it work? When rewards are earned, is it a communal shared pool like a smartphone data plan, or does everyone in the guild receive the same individual rewards not shared with the guild, as each member earns rewards?
  • NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,065
    When you reach a set threshold, all 20 members get the same guild reward.
    707EmeraldTriangleJaden
  • crambert_neccrambert_nec Member Posts: 1,316
    There are guild star total checkpoints that are different than the personal star checkpoints. Once your guild hits those totals each person gets a radio reward (hero tokens this week).
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
  • DoTakDoTak Member Posts: 1,964
    Not a communal shared pool

Yes, each individual still gets their personal rewards of trade goods, same as not being in a guild. The bonus for being in a guild is collecting radios rewarded on the sum total of all members. You can even create a 'guild' with just yourself in it, then be eligible to collect the guild reward radios. Of course, you wouldn't get many, but if you like being solo, may as well grab a few extra radios if you're already doing challenges
    BttlOpener
  • NerfMeSidewaysNerfMeSideways Member Posts: 211
    Click here for the rewards @Yrcanos
  • sborgsborg Member Posts: 539
    DoTak said:

Not a communal shared pool

Yes, each individual still gets their personal rewards of trade goods, same as not being in a guild. The bonus for being in a guild is collecting radios rewarded on the sum total of all members. You can even create a 'guild' with just yourself in it, then be eligible to collect the guild reward radios. Of course, you wouldn't get many, but if you like being solo, may as well grab a few extra radios if you're already doing challenges

Wow. I didn't realize I could be in a guild of one. So, if I racked up 360 stars in my guild of one, I'd earn 825 TGs, based on the chart? And how many phones?
    360 stars would get you total of 4 phones. It's on the same chart @sborg
    you must have missed it :)
  • sborgsborg Member Posts: 539
    DoTak said:

360 stars would get you total of 4 phones. It's on the same chart @sborg
    you must have missed it :)

Actually, what I see is that if you look at 360 personal stars and follow the chart across to the right, there is nothing listed for guild stars required or phones rewarded.

• WahooDawgWahooDawg Member Posts: 439
    I think it's really two separate tables next to each other.
    DoTakSlickRick
  • WahooDawgWahooDawg Member Posts: 439
    Oh, and you get rewards at each milestone, so you get 825 TGs when you hit 360, but you get all the other rewards along the way.
    SlickRick
    @sborg
    Yeah, what wahoo said, so take your 360 stars from column 2 over to column 4 (which is really column 1 of the guild table)
    @Governator
    Lol, as a noobie guild leader, thanks for the heads up. I'm only at stage 1 or 2 of your description so I should have a good amount of time to practice wiping my ass with my left hand. Much appreciated :)

FYI years ago, when I broke my right collarbone mountain biking, I had to do this. It ain't fuckin easy ;)
    Governatorbigbeano
  • GreySeerGreySeer Member Posts: 308
    @Governator @DoTak

Haha, so recognisable this. Our guild is in such a situation right now. Where our guild leader is refusing to throw out a member who has been inactive for a month and a half, so I suspect that they're friends in RL. But if that member isn't tossed our guild is gonna split up.

Though, not feeling the urge to go out and break hands yet...
    Governator
    edited December 2016
    @GreySeer
    I'm about to Lucille a couple of moochers, if you need a change, come over to guild 10K.
    maggiemoo
  • bigbeanobigbeano Member Posts: 595
    Lol,I had to kick a few myself!Tough finding new people now:(
    Yrcanos
    I just got a new guy, real new. Only been on a week. Made a few comments on the guild chat, so it's looking like it will work out. I never heard from the ones I booted.
  • bigbeanobigbeano Member Posts: 595
    SAD days,we had a few just go quiet n inactive,next thing ya know,leader leaves,tough times!