Scout trait question

InvaderInvader Member Posts: 2,066
I have a knife with to gold traits giving me the chance to gain 1 AP extra.

Well I get this 1 AP pretty often...no complain about that in general, but why I´m not able to use this 1 AP to move away without beeing attacked by walkers? It´s an addition to my usual 2 AP move right? Why is it possible for walkers to attack me then?

Comments

• _NoName_NoName Member Posts: 188
    It' s not action points you gain but charge points! Hence you can use the brain stab "charge" more often.
    jimmorrison369
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 2,007
    You gain 1 ap from swift strike.
    You gain 1 charge-point from the other one.

When you gain 1 ap from swift strike, then you can use it to walk away from the walkers (if it's your turn that is).
    If you gain a charge point then you're just 1 extra point closer to being able to charge-attack.

I don't think I fully understand the question, but maybe you find the answer in my explanation.
    _NoNameJayZTop8dog
  • InvaderInvader Member Posts: 2,066
    edited November 2016

I don't think I fully understand the question, but maybe you find the answer in my explanation.

I´m not a native speaker...that may cause the confusion ;)

As for the difference in effects you mentioned...I moved the whole range (2 AP) towards a walker to kill him. Got 1 AP back after kill (white half circle) and should be able to move away with it, or at least stay in overwatch. What happens is: after I killed the walker, another one comes into the scene, my survivor doesn´t kill him with overwatch and I´m not able to move away and beeing attacked. But the additional 1 AP after kill should be included in this one move right?
    jimmorrison369Top8dogjustinc222
  • zbotzbot NML Legendary Moderator, OW Moderator Posts: 6,673
    @Invader , I think you are describing a bug in swift strike that it activates at the end of your turn and it shows that your scout has 1 AP left but the turn ends.
    jimmorrison369InvaderTop8dogT_12
    zbot said:

@Invader , I think you are describing a bug in swift strike that it activates at the end of your turn and it shows that your scout has 1 AP left but the turn ends.

That might be :neutral:
    It does sound like what zbot is saying.

Swift strike can be activated when your survivor uses retaliate.
    The game already knows when your survivor will kill a walker with retaliate. (It still has to happen on your screen, but the game already knows)
    When you make your last move (end your turn) it will become white right away.

This only happens when you kill a opponent because of retaliate.
    You can't use that action point.

• _NoName_NoName Member Posts: 188
    I have a knife with the swift strike trait too and am seeing the same as you describe in the following situation only:

1. I move the scout for an attack on a walker and kill him
    2. The white circle appears
    3. Another walker attacks and is killed via my scouts retaliation trait

My explanation is as follows:

1. the first attack/kill doesn't result in an extra AP
    2. but the second attack as a result of the retaliation gains an extra AP which you cannot use because it's the walkers turn

Would be interesting to know if your scout has the retaliation trait too?
    jimmorrison369crambert_nec
    _NoName said:

Would be interesting to know if your scout has the retaliation trait too?

Yes...he has :wink:

I looks really like a bug. Just had a situation without killing. Just moved to the flag in outpost, and after grabbing I had a full white circle...

Thx for solving the mystery :wink:
  • Top8dogTop8dog Member Posts: 738
    Invader said:

I looks really like a bug. Just had a situation without killing. Just moved to the flag in outpost, and after grabbing I had a full white circle...

Thx for solving the mystery :wink:

Happens a lot to me with my scouts,.. It's infuriating when it happens,.. Hopefully they can fix it,..
  • zbotzbot NML Legendary Moderator, OW Moderator Posts: 6,673
    Moved to bugs.
  • avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 1,252
    You have to use him first or second move. If not then you miss out on using the turn or you have to be quick to use the move again if using as your last turn and swift strike activates. That is what I have found.
    edited November 2016
    For me. It never happens on a scout without retaliate, it always happens when the survivor kills a walker in the walker's turn. (And I've seen a lot of this visual bug).

You don't have to use the swift-strike survivor first or second. You can't lose a move. The extra ap you get is from the walkers turn (illegal ap) and can't be used either way. (Even if there is no kill needed like @invader suggests, the ap is from the walkers turn)
  • MizTyMizTy Member Posts: 1,335
    I have this mysterious problem as well. Is there a fix on the way? 2.3?