Repeatables - Discussion Thread (Read OP before commenting)

TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,576
edited November 2016 in Strategy Discussion
Teeceezy comment:
Gameplay mechanics in No Man's Land have been created by us, meaning players have the ability to play the game in a way that they'd like to play. Maximizing stars in the way this thread discusses is not an exploit.

However, we do have the right to react in order to keep the game fun and rewarding for all players. With the upcoming challenge rework we expect this strategy to become less popular. However, it will remain available if you'd like to continue using it. As always, our aim is to create and maintain a fair and enjoyable game regardless of the strategy players choose to use.

Moderator team comment:
This topic is clearly of significant interest to the community and as such has been cleaned up so it can continue. That being said, this thread will be heavily moderated and any rule-breaking may lead to disciplinary actions.
Mark

Comments

• NerfMeSidewaysNerfMeSideways Member Posts: 211
    edited November 2016
    You've probably seen some threads out there of people repeating lvl 30 maps repeatedly and you might be wondering "how is this done?" Well, here is how it's done.

1) PLAYER TYPE:
    If you are NOT a relentless or tenacious player, please carry-on

2) RADIO TENT:
    DO NOT upgrade your tent, finding the perfect low level survivor is key to your success.

3) SCAVENGE FOR LOW LEVEL WEAPONS/ARMOURS:
    Scavenge for low level weapons/armours using the low level challenge maps and Season 7 missions (they are repeatable maps only 1 gas and player level does not increase) to find the perfect gear. If there is a time to pay 25 gold to open a gold ticket, it's during the low level challenge grind and get the best bang for your buck... cheap to upgrade and doesn't take long.

Your goal when scavenging is to find any legendary or epic weapon/armour between lvl 1 to lvl 9.

WEAPON TRAITS:
    • Gold Luck

ARMOUR COMBOS:
    • Gold Dodge / Gold Stun Resistance / Silver Bulletproof
    • Gold Bulletproof / Gold Stun Resistance / Silver Dodge

4) RADIO CALLS:
    Use 15 radio call to find the perfect low level survivor. You are looking for lvl 1-9 survivors...If you are lucky enough to land a lvl 1 survivor, don't get rid of it cuz you just hit the jackpot (the lower the survivor, the better because you have zero healing costs for infinite attempts). The best class is the scout because you can complete maps in two turns (survivor will only take one hit then I'm on the finish line).

SURVIVOR TRAITS:
    • Luck, Dodge, Bullet Dodge, Iron Skin, and Retaliate (for bruiser/warrior/scout)
    Please note you really only need two of these traits to be successful: dodge and luck!

When you find your perfect low level survivor, DO NOT invest in upgrading the survivor but instead find the weapons (low level) for them and invest in upgrading those. Very cheap and don't take long to upgrade.

MORE IS BETTER:
    Yes, the more, the merrier. I even recommend building up an army of low level survivors so you can have more fun.

5) WHEN TO USE YOUR LOW LEVEL SURVIVOR:
    During the challenge, use your regular survivors to blast your way to high level playing as quickly as possible. Once you reach that level (each player is different), start using your low level survivor(s) to figure out the right set up. Once done, you can repeat the map(s) INFINITELY!

ADVANTAGES OF USING A LOW LEVEL SURVIVOR:
    • No cost to upgrade and FREE or almost FREE healing costs.... Youpi!!!
    • The healing costs to heal a low level survivor range from 0-12 gold. For example, a lvl 9 survivor cost 5 gold to FLEE a mission, a level 8 cost 2-3 gold to heal after FLEEING.
    • Low level gear is almost FREE to upgrade and does the job.

Gas Booster: If you want to make it even cheaper, buy a 24hr gas booster... that way you eliminate the gas and only have to worry about your healing costs.

Figure out your strategy, set your timer to 30mins, don't be afraid to FLEE and try again in a few minutes or seconds, good luck and have fun!

Please note that some of the maps will require you to use one or two of your high level survivor and you can use one of the low level survivors as a "sacrifice" by FLEEING to get the perfect setup before completing the map.

Happy Star Hunting!
    T_12
    edited November 2016
    In case you are questioning how many missions I've done and how many walkers I've killed, here you go:

• AssCatcherAssCatcher Member Posts: 42
    Can someone explain in simple words whats the trick here cus I fail to understand after reading this posts a few times. Well obviously to maximize stars, but what is the actual trick?
  • PigPig Member Posts: 1,870

Can someone explain in simple words whats the trick here cus I fail to understand after reading this posts a few times. Well obviously to maximize stars, but what is the actual trick?

The trick is try, try, try until you get lucky, I think. That's the reason for the low-level survivors (quick healing for the times you don't get lucky) and the gas booster suggestion.
    Bad Pig
    Bad to the bone!
    The Notorious P.I.G.
    "I'm stuck in forum prison, and time keeps draggin' on"
    "I’ve never said I’m a perfect pig, nor pretended to be someone that I’m not."
    MadPuppyNerfMeSideways
  • robzombierobzombie Member Posts: 75
    Not an exploit for sure.?
    Nah I mean I dont understand what he is doing. What is the purpose and advantage of using lvl 1 survivor's besides the fact they heal faster? How does it give you more stars then higher level survivor's? Do the walkers have a lower leven when you compose a team of low leveled survivor's? I just really do not understand this post, neither do I understand the opening about people repeating lvl 30 maps. Please explain I want to understand :)
    KSavvy
    @AssCatcher if you look at the data, you will see how I managed to get 2 stars at a time on a map. I stopped collecting data at 98 stars on that map because I had enough data at that point. If I didn't get the proper set up, I clicked on FLEE and tried again.
    edited November 2016
    @AssCatcher the advantage is low cost healing or zero cost for healing because your low level survivor will actually survive one hit from a lvl 30 walker/freemen, but not two.... so if you know you're going to take two hits, you flee and try again. If you get the right set up and only take one hit, you won the map and got two stars. You will be injured. It's very rare that you will get 3 stars when playing high level like that.

Sorry, I didn't quite catch your question earlier.

Hope this help!
    AssCatcherKSavvy
    Ah now I begin to understand. What about the lvl 30 map, is there a cap lvl 30 walkers or what does that exactly mean?(am fairly new to the game)

Are there any other benefits besides the stars? Wouldnt it take too much gas with so many failed attempts? Are you listing the total stars per level or the challenge event as a whole? I presume the first?

Sorry just seems a cool trick rlly want to know all about it :)
    Btw I see you already answered about the stars per map sorry :p
  • PigPig Member Posts: 1,870

Wouldnt it take too much gas with so many failed attempts?

It will take insane amounts of gas. That's why the post starts with a comment about the player type. You need to be relentless in the pursuit of stars. It will cost gold for gas, or gas boosters.
    Bad Pig
    Bad to the bone!
    The Notorious P.I.G.
    "I'm stuck in forum prison, and time keeps draggin' on"
    "I’ve never said I’m a perfect pig, nor pretended to be someone that I’m not."
    NerfMeSideways
    @AssCatcher
    1) the low level survivor is cheap healing so instead of paying 25 gold for a fully upgraded survivor, you will pay somewhere between 0-12 gold. Do you see where you save? For some survivors, it is so cheap that it is zero healing costs so you just keep trying, repeatedly, with no hospital bills.

For some low level survivors, wait 5 seconds and your healing cost drops.

2) If you choose not to use gold to heal your survivor, you might wait 20mins to have an opportunity to try again vs having your survivor in the hospital for 2hrs.
  • MizTyMizTy Member Posts: 1,335
    So a level 1 survivor can still interrupt a level 30 enemy?
  • NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,065
    @MizTy prior to the nurf of gold interrupt, a level one scout could stop a level 30 fatty on BBQ every single time. Not any more though. RIP interrupt.
    MarkTop8dog
  • MarkMark Member Posts: 253
    edited November 2016
    Well my radio tent is upgraded. Top it all off not sure how all maps changes can use this methodology. But nice notes wish I had them a year ago.
    MizTyNerfMeSidewaysSCBMAHaiyan
  • NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,065
    @Mark even utilizing this strategy with low level survivors equipped with the correct gear, there is no guarantee you can repeat missions at RSL level 30. You still need to determine the necessary strategy to overcome raiders or walkers who your survivors cannot possibly defeat head to head, and more importantly you have to have a high tolerance for mission failure. On top of these, you have to be willing to play a super human number of hours during the 5 days of the challenge of you want to produce a super human number of challenge stars. Good luck.
    MarkNerfMeSidewaysjavajnkie
  • MarkMark Member Posts: 253
    @NCDawgFan
    Agreed... been there done that-- moving on with other stuff within game and outside of NML
    100% @NCDawgFan , it is not for everyone
    Also... not all maps are repeatable so I will edit my post to reflect that... thanks for your comments @NCDawgFan as they reminded me of that.
  • zosonzoson Member Posts: 2,216
    This is probably next on the list of things to remove from the game. It's exploiting unintended behaviors, and nextgames has been extremely clear in their statements AND actions that things like this don't belong in the game.

In short, don't bother, it's a waste of your time and efforts.
    MizTyNecroboogiewarTop8dogblynknz
    war said:

zoson said:

This is probably next on the list of things to remove from the game. It's exploiting unintended behaviors, and nextgames has been extremely clear in their statements AND actions that things like this don't belong in the game.

In short, don't bother, it's a waste of your time and efforts.

I will never understand how something that's intended to be used in a game, like dodge, luck, bullet dodge etc, be considered unfair and an exploit. It's in the game. It's clever. They shouldn't change something just because someone who is smart figured out a clever way of dealing with missions.
    That's the thing, this exploit has nothing to do with any of the things you named. The exploit is taking a low level survivor on a mission significantly higher RSL than they should ever go on. THAT is not intended.

I fully expect to see a minimum level requirement attached to RSL soon. That is to say, if you have an RSL 23 mission, you won't be able to take any survivor below level 19 or so, since any survivor below that is *SUPPOSED* to be ineffective. That's the entire point of RSL.
    MizTyNecroboogiewarMarkTop8dogArtisansVerbaubLambariWeekOne
  • avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 941
    edited November 2016
    Genius. Question I have is, this is called an exploit, but it's not. It's the same things as the radio tent exploit then. We are provided low level survivors that we are required to build up. This renders a survivor useless until you spend millions on XP to bring to a top level 20. Take a look at the survivors we are given. I have to have two sets of gear for fighters in each class a low set with in the range needed to use or they just sit on a shelf until ready. That's what I understand from this concept. Have you ever seen Tyson fight Buster Douglas? He was not a world class fighter, but used his skills to land and knock out Tyson. His first title defense he lost the title and was never heard of after. This is the low level survivor concept. Take that out the game and one can never reach level 30. How else are these levels reached? I have never seen or heard of all 6 missions reached to level 30. Please explain and provide a video. Only one I see to use high levels are a few here but it's on only selected missions. Take this week's challenge. BBQ, how in the world can you reach level 30. Level 25 you have 7 tanks at 14,000 HP.
    zosonSebiTop8dog
  • avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 941
    Then the radio tent should give you your highest level survivor then. I should get all level 20 survivors rather than the low ones that what were given. Low level fighters are ok, but I invest my time in high leveI fighters and gear. I want to know about high level fighters. How is BBQ possible at level 30? I wish someone will post that victory. Is it even possible? Expensive tab to continue to play. I blew through a few hundred gold just to get 1-2 stars on main road level 24-25. Level 26 is just hard and had to give up my efforts. The same with BBQ as two examples. The hospital time should be reduced to 30 minutes like the cool down times. I have many fighters when I go to battle they all get used. Takes me 18+hours of heal time to heal 42 fighters. Cost me 500 gold to heal all. That about $5 a pop. Just saying. This is a money issue. Some would rather have me fork out $5 to continue to play. It takes many tries and attempts to figure out the ever changing mission layout.
    This is exactly what guilds were built for. To allow players that wanted to reach certain goal levels to reach together. If you are unsatisfied with the performance of your guildmates, then you might want to try looking into one of the other well established high end guilds.

Repeating missions with a highly powered up and leveled up team, then beating them without infinite rerolls of the map layout is legitimate, skillful, play.

The point was, again, that they are going to patch out the ability to take super low level survivors on high RSL missions. That allows you to repeat them infinitely without worrying about an injured team. That is the exploit.

Think about the implication of what you're saying: Nextgames intentionally put a convoluted strategy that bypasses the damage/healing mechanism built into the game. A mechanism that costs money to speed up. And the sole purpose of this mechanism is so that people can earn unlimited stars on maximum RSL, allowing them to make the leaderboards essentially meaningless.

I think that you would agree that actually sounds crazy.
    NecroboogieSebiwarMarkTop8dogLumpisdeadWeekOneVerbaub
This discussion has been closed.