Issue with Assault & Warrior Weapons

One of the stated reasons for rebalancing Lucky was to provide "alternate builds", so we could experiment with different character builds, and so that characters and weapons without Lucky wouldn't be immediately scrapped.

I propose that this same theory be applied to Warriors and Assaults. Currently, any weapon without gold or silver wide spread for assaults, and gold wide arc on warriors is not useable.

Please consider building in the wide arc/spread traits into the characters, and removing the traits from the weapons. A common survivor would have no wide spread arc. Uncommon would have bronze, rare and epic would have silver, and legendary would have gold. This would open up many different trait possibilities and let us actually use any potential weapon, like it is with the other classes.

The other class specific traits are nice, but aren't necessary IMO. I wouldnt mind seeing large caliber and extended range built in to hunters and shooters if you want to go there, but I don't think those traits are necessary for those weapons, tho some may disagree with me on those two classes.

Thanks for reading!!
rgerkmaninsight55masmith93JulialiciousShut_UpblynknzggbatsGladi

Comments

• masmith93masmith93 Member Posts: 3,522
    Great suggestion OLT! I contacted support after I received 5 warrior weapons in a row w/o any arc (can you imagine my anguish?) I asked them why any warrior weapon would be issued w/o arc. Their response was that it provides options for those who may have different styles of play. So I ask you - alleged players that prefer warrior weapons without any arc - speak now. Let your crazy voices be heard. Otherwise, you do not exist.
    Proud member of the Empty Memorial Club.
    WHMGTYSNNBC - Retirement Guild Leader
    Coming soon to Finland to hug Teeceezy.
    This space intentionally left blank.
    ggbatsMizTyTheLostOnes
  • ShteevieShteevie Staff Posts: 1,335
    Well...
    Arc does multiply your damage across several targets, but doesn't improve it against any one target. I could see a player enjoying the use of a sword with Lethal, Destructive, and Lucky. Or maybe Retaliate, Power Strike, and Interruptor.

There are also times when you don't want to alert every walker in the area. This is more relevant for Assaults, of course. I personally have a weapon in my arsenal now with gold Wide Arc, but it's a couple levels below my best weapon. I bring one on early Challenges, and the other on Hard Scavenges.

I appreciate the position stated here, and I agree that everyone will have a trait that they find to be an absolute must-have for a given survivor or piece of equipment. But support is not wrong there when they say that there is more than one preferred playstyle.
    Development Team Member - The Walking Dead: No Man's Land
    Please note: Development is a fluid process, and suggestions and implementation take time and iteration. Any discussion of future features, deadlines, updates, balance changes, and such should be considered prospective and subject to change.
  • masmith93masmith93 Member Posts: 3,522
    @Shteevie Certainly, which is why we're waiting for the anti-arcers to speak up. ;)
    Proud member of the Empty Memorial Club.
    WHMGTYSNNBC - Retirement Guild Leader
    Coming soon to Finland to hug Teeceezy.
    This space intentionally left blank.
    blynknzTheLostOnes
  • GladiGladi Member Posts: 616
    @Shteevie I upgraded some rifles without bore and pistols without high powered but NO assault rifle without spread or warrior weapon without arc. Before interrupt lvl cap, even these have some justification, but not anymore.

@OneLessTitan Well, Im one of those who will want bore on hunters and high powered on shooters, but generally, your idea is great. And yes, swift strike on scouts...bruisers are dead...maybe concussion? Dunno. :smiley: