Are Outposts worth doing?

Hi all, I'm still a very new player (only level 7) but I've come across Outposts and understand they're the way to get trade goods.

However, I also gather that once I build an Outpost I'll have to defend it and could lose goods to other players.

So my question(s) are:
- Is it worth building an Outpost?
- What is the best level to start? (Am I too weak right now?)

Best Answer

Answers

• numennumen Member Posts: 32
    I wish I got this advice when I started. I shouldn't have wasted my TGs on it. I also wish I could downgrade..
    DotMatrix
  • GrimGaelGrimGael Member Posts: 1,410
    I bit the bullet and upgraded my walkers. It's a good capability to have, and an aspect of the game. I'd rather face someone that tried to short walkers than starting spawn with a bunch in my face, so the few walker defense is second best. If you decide to do so, upgrade level first, then capture more. 2 low level armored zombies don't bother anyone.
    For now, there are several ways to play outposts. At your level, I wouldn't worry about mounting an effective defense or influence. Set your outpost to give away TG, and keep your people out of the way. On any given day, one in three to two in three will kill your defenders anyway, but if you put them in the way it will be higher. @OneLessTitan is my visionary guide on outposts. There are fresher threads, but I love to unroll the dusty scrolls of bygone days:
    http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/15720/will-you-lay-down-your-arms-and-surrender-with-me#latest
    Once you level up and expand your capabilities, there are many roads you can go down.
    MizTyJcsking1p_herian
  • Jcsking1Jcsking1 Member Posts: 43
    Thanks for all the responses guys, this is really helpful.

I'll build my Outpost and continue to attack others then.

Another question - If my survivors die during an Outpost attack will I lose them permanently though?
  • GrimGaelGrimGael Member Posts: 1,410
    Also, healing time is less than challenge or normal mission, so go wild. I try to avoid killing but everyone plays differently. More pitched battles=more hospital time=less loot.
    Gotta love that magical hospital!

Do the Outposts get harder as I level up then?
  • GladiGladi Member Posts: 616
    @Jcsking1 Yop, as you will raise your player lvl, it will get harder(or lets say you will face "stronger" oponents) as matchmaking in outpost is done somehow(formula not known) according to your influence and player lvl.
    Jcsking1
    Thanks again for the info guys.

So from my understanding there are 3 ways to obtain trade goods (please correct me if I'm wrong):
    - Having an Outpost built (regular trade goods supply)
    - Attacking an Outpost (rewards)
    - Completing Guild quests (rewards)