Survivor slot and equipment level questions

Guys, wondering what is the maximum survivor slot u can have now without buying bundle. And im at 12/17, it costs 400 gold to get 1 more slot, will the cost change when it get higher?
Further, what are the factors that influence the equipment level u get from mission crate and trade shop? ( My highest survivor level or the building levels?)
Any info will be appreciate

Comments

• MadPuppyMadPuppy Moderator Posts: 2,823
    edited November 2016
    Cost goes up for each survivor slot. I don't know if there's a limit, but you'll be able to at least double your slots (as far as any limit is concerned) so you're set for a long time at least.

Equipment level is based off of at least the level of your survivors (for the TG bought gear) and your player level (for detemining the variance spread of crate gear), and the post mission crates give higher level gear as the recomended survivor level for that mission increases, in that last case it is even possible to get gear that is above your highest survivor.

Keep in mind that in order to upgrade the gear you'll have to get your workshop up to the right level if you have not done so already. It is possible that for instance your highest scout is level 17, you get a level 17 knife, but your workshop will only upgrade stuff up to a base level of 16.
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 1,765
    I believe survivor-slot upgrade costs caps at 500 gold (not sure).
    Mission crate lvl = set per mission (no influence by player or survivor)
    Scavenger crate = scaled on survivor lvl (and when survivor got more then 5 stars)
    Legendary crate = buildings (player lvl)
    Trade shop garanteed weapon/armor = highest survivor lvl of that class
    For me a survivor slot is in the 600 somewhere, been a while since I checked last since i permanently have open spots, nothing new needed.
    jimmorrison369
  • GladiGladi Member Posts: 616
    @firegun0808 Im on 22/24 and another slot is for 650 gold, dunno if it scales any further. Maybe ppl with 40+slots can help on this. But, you dont need slots for heroes(granted for free on unocking each hero) and you can get more slots also by buying some bundles(as some comes with extra survivor slot).
    TG shop equip lvl(those 12,5k TGs) is according to highes lvl of survivor in related class. Silver/gold/epic/leg crates are acoording player lvl, see more here https://twdnomansland.wordpress.com/trade-good-rewards/
    Equipment lvl from missions is connected with RSL(reccomended survivor lvl) and it used to work(approximately) like this:
    rare = RSL
    epic = RSL-1
    leg = RSL -2
    but these are not exact formulas and after 2.2 update it was partly changed(IMO). Now lets say from when RSL is one or two lvls above your survs, from gold tickets you can get epic/leg equip for your current survivors(same lvl). But very often it will be rare stuff which is not desired on higher lvls.
    Squall_NML
  • OneLessTitanOneLessTitan Member Posts: 1,272
    I believe the maximum cost for Survivor Slots is 650 Gold.

I was trying to figure out how many Survivor Slots I have purchased with Gold, as I am maxed out on Slots, and can only obtain them through bundles.

I currently have 34 Survivor Slots
    (Subtract 8 for the 8 free spots I got for my Heroes) =
    26 Survivor Slots (Subtract 3 given for free from Outpost Setup) =
    23 Survivor Slots (Subtract 1 from the "Fresh Survivor Bundle" I bought a couple weeks ago) =
    22 Survivor Slots (Subtract 1 from the "Amazing Deal Bundle" I bought in May) =

So, I have 21 Survivor Slots purchased with Gold or given to me at the start of the game last October (or at some point during the game that I haven't accounted for). Maybe I've bought 15 Survivor Slots with Gold? And had 6 free Survivor Slots to start the game (or 5 to start, and one unaccounted for "free" slot??)
  • GladiGladi Member Posts: 616
    @OneLessTitan Wasnt there one free "Xmas bundle" with free survivor slot? That will go up to 20 slots imo. :wink:
    OneLessTitan
  • NecroboogieNecroboogie Member Posts: 1,108
    Here you go. Lost track of how many I've bought, but it's where I'm at.
  • Shut_UpShut_Up Member Posts: 2,295
    I thought it went up by 50 gold each time until I got to 500. I bought several at 500 and then it moved up to 650. I think I bought 5 at 500 before it moved to the 650 gold level.
    @Gladi -- I can't remember the XMAS bundle, but I don't doubt that there was one. Damn these unknowns!!!
  • Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    Dunno if this helps......

“You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
  • SlowMoSlowMo Member Posts: 203
    Strange.. So am I getting a good deal?
  • InvaderInvader Member Posts: 2,066
    SlowMo said:

Strange.. So am I getting a good deal?

I guess you got your extra slots mostly from bundles...I have 23 survivors and my next slot would cost me 300 gold :wink:
  • SlowMoSlowMo Member Posts: 203
    Oh I see. So slot that's comes with bundle will not increase the slot price. If I use gold to buy slot then the price will increase progressively and peak at 650 gold per slot. I get it now. Thanks!!
    jimmorrison369
    edited December 2016
    @SlowMo -- Yes, you are right on!!

Here's the cost of the extra survivor slots. You start with 6 slots (get 3 free with outpost), and can buy 14 more slots with gold:
    1st Slot: 100 Gold
    2nd Slot: 150 Gold
    3rd Slot: 200 Gold
    4th Slot: 300 Gold
    5th Slot: 400 Gold
    6th Slot: 400 Gold
    7th Slot: 400 Gold
    8th Slot: 500 Gold
    9th Slot: 500 Gold
    10th Slot: 500 Gold
    11th Slot: 650 Gold
    12th Slot: 650 Gold
    13th Slot: 650 Gold
    14th Slot: 650 Gold
    Shut_Up
    I'm at 24 regular slots now. I have 7 heroes unlocked. So my total slots is 31.
    My next slot will cost me 650 gold.

I'm now at 28/31 occupancy, but I have a few surplus survivors that I'll retire once I start getting full again so I really don't need another slot.
  • atrainofficialatrainofficial Member Posts: 254
    A majority of my extra slots have come from Bundles. The cost of slots doesn't go up if they were acquired through Bundles. I currently have 38 slots and my next one will cost me 500 Gold.
  • Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    I had more survivors in the past but retired them as the heroes came along with their accompanying slots.. I've just kept - and developed - mostly 3 of a type, except for hunters and assaults of which I have more.
    A couple of slots came with bundle deals - like the recent one, but I bought most of them with gold.
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
  • GothgulGothgul Member Posts: 64
    This is a good guide for what you can expect from gold boxes from missions, as well as store bought legendary boxes.
    https://twdnomansland.wordpress.com/trade-good-rewards/
    For the straight up legendary equipment you can get for 12.5 TG, it will be the max level you have for that particular class, every time. I think the legendary box with unknown content can be at that max level and one, maybe even 2, below, because I think it takes into consideration the levels of the other survivors which may not be at max level.