What in the world is up with the guilds?

OK so I'm a new player and I have been cranking ever since I installed the game.

I see there are guilds so I try to join and literally 95+% say I can't ask for an invite bc theres already too many requests. So why the hell do you show me a list of guilds I can't even request to join? Wouldnt it be super easy to only show me guilds that, oh i dont know, I could actually have a chance to join?!

Ok, so after many tries I finally find a couple guilds I can ask to join, but 100% of my requests are rejected. Seeing that these are mostly full guilds I'm trying to join I figure well maybe they just dont want a newbie player for reasons I dont yet understand.

Ok, fine. So then I start picking out the 0 stars or whatever guilds with like three ppl in them and guess what? 100% rejection rate STILL!

Seriously, what the hell? Is there some secret handshake that I dont know? Why would you create a guild function where you cant actually join a guild? Do I really have to leave the game and go searching on the interwebs to beg someone to let me into their guild?

This feels very stupid. Tell me what I'm missing.
FLWillgespuer

Comments

• DoTakDoTak Member Posts: 1,964
    @meathead013
    Sorry to hear your in-game guild search hasn't worked out. I can't say much about it because I've never used it.

But actually, since you're here in the forum, it could be a better place to find a guild to join. Just go to the Guild section of the forum and either respond to existing guild recruitment posts, or start your own saying you want to join one.

Most guilds would like to know your current player level (camp level) and approx. how many stars you earn each week playing challenges

Good luck :)
    GovernatorTop8dogPapacas
  • blynknzblynknz Member Posts: 1,988
    Lol. I hate games that do that. You do a search and but what return are full and you can't join with them.

Yes, the likelihood is that the first few you tried do not want new players. Check the description of the guild. It might saying "looking for x level" or "must do x stars"

The others could potential be little guilds of players that know each other.
  • drkuhardrkuhar Member Posts: 144
    Pm sent
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 4,406

OK so I'm a new player and I have been cranking ever since I installed the game.

I see there are guilds so I try to join and literally 95+% say I can't ask for an invite bc theres already too many requests. So why the hell do you show me a list of guilds I can't even request to join? Wouldnt it be super easy to only show me guilds that, oh i dont know, I could actually have a chance to join?!

Ok, so after many tries I finally find a couple guilds I can ask to join, but 100% of my requests are rejected. Seeing that these are mostly full guilds I'm trying to join I figure well maybe they just dont want a newbie player for reasons I dont yet understand.

Ok, fine. So then I start picking out the 0 stars or whatever guilds with like three ppl in them and guess what? 100% rejection rate STILL!

Seriously, what the hell? Is there some secret handshake that I dont know? Why would you create a guild function where you cant actually join a guild? Do I really have to leave the game and go searching on the interwebs to beg someone to let me into their guild?

This feels very stupid. Tell me what I'm missing.

Keep looking @meathead013 ! There are guilds that are cool with newbies. If I had an opening in my guild, you would have no trouble being accepted. In the Guild Recruitment threads, look for "casual" guilds and those with no or low Star requirements. Just post and the offers should flow into your inbox! Good luck! Most guilds would be happy to have an active player like yourself!
  • NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,070
    @meathead013 I would post a request on the Guild page of the forum providing a print screen from the last challenge showing how well you did and explaining that you are an active player looking to join a good guild. Good luck
  • meathead013meathead013 Member Posts: 189
    thank you

i didnt realize the challenges were so important to the guilds. i assume their guild members must get something based on their challenge activity, otherwise why would they care

i wasnt even going to bother with a guild bc ive seen them before and in most games they are just a chat and bonding mechanism, but sometimes there is added value and i noticed something in the game said 'get extra stuff' or something like that

still cant figure out why they give you a list of guilds you cant join. doesnt seem all that hard to assemble a list of guilds that were ready to accept requests, or for that matter make it so some guilds were just open and you could join immediately if it had openings and were accepting new players.

i do think its kinda silly you have to leave the game to go find a guild, but whatever
    i got two invitations from this thread, one that appears to be a very noob guild, especially since its open enrollment which i didnt even know what a thing

im going to join that one for now since im so new and i dont even know what im doing yet. but so far i like this game a lot and i expect i will be playing it for a long time. it reminds me very much of the XCOM games which i have always been horribly addicted to

so once i get going and figure out what im doing im probably going to be looking for a guild more appropriate to my activity
    docfinzenburgPapacas
  • GreySeerGreySeer Member Posts: 308
    Some guilds pay gold to advertise their guild on the front page which is probably the reason you see those so high up. Lots of guilds who advertise have those requirements in PL or stars because they are competative (in guild, leaderboard or both). And you can only put those requirements in your guilds descriptions, which doesn't give NG much of a filter.

And aside from the chat there's more to a guild. When you collectively hit milestones you receive TG rewards. And because it is collectively most guilds want x-level players or x-amount of requiered stars.

Hope that helps! :)
    yes thank you

except that im so n00b i dont even know what NG or TG meant
  • GladiGladi Member Posts: 616
    @meathead013 Dont give up. Dunno your player lvl, but most probably that is your disadvantage in getting into guild now. I believe @drkuhar offered you place somewhere so all will be fine and set for you. I dont remember myself having such problem, but I played long time solo(not knowing there are some guilds rewards), so when I did my first request(somewhere about player lvl 30), I was accepted(well, came across several guilds with "too many requests sent" also).
    The real thing about guilds is, that you can get guild rewards(phones, with last week exception hero tokens) and many(fortunate for you not all) guilds(even though they say "no requirements") want to profit on those, so low player lvl ppl are not accepted(as all hope for decent high lvl player and thus higher reward tier). If you will play long enough(fingers crossed for you), you will become stronger and your player lvl higher and you will become much more attractive to many guilds. At your beginning point dont focus on challenges too much, I believe going to equal RSL to your survs will be more than enough. You should go for XP/tomatoes scavenge missions to increase your player lvl and your survs. Once you will get to survs lvl13-15, you can start some equip upgrades(of epics and legs) and you can try how is the world above your survs lvl. Many ppl with decent equip(and this applies for survs lvl15 as well for survs lvl20) can get 2-3 stars from RSL+3 to their survs and that is the real challenge. Enjoy NML and have fun in game and on forum as well.
    Squall_NML
    lol. thank you. i didnt understand half of what you said but im sure that will all come in time
  • GreySeerGreySeer Member Posts: 308
    @meathead013

I'll elaborate ;)

NG = Next Games. The creators of this game.

TG = Trade Goods. The currency pictured as wooden boxes you can spend in the Trade Good Shop.

And I think in short what @Gladi is saying is that the higher your level, the more attractive you get to guilds.

Another tip: On the Facebook page of No Man's Land I see a lot of n00b guilds advertising in the comment sections. Might be worth checking out.
  • GladiGladi Member Posts: 616
    player lvl...aquired with new buildings and increasing buildings lvl in your camp. It is shown on camp page as number(partly in circle, that represents how far are you towards another lvl) in top left corner.
    RSL...reccomended survivor lvl
    guild rewards...as players are getting stars from challenge, in guild these are counted together and on certain points all players will get reward. More can be found here https://twdnomansland.wordpress.com/challenge-rewards/
    tomatoes...currency used for building and increase buildings lvl, some call it cans, I use simply tomatoes
    Epic/leg equip...4* and 5* equipment(blue and gold). Most desired as it gives you best defence or (fire)power and comes with 2 silver and gold(for epic)/ one silver and 2 gold(for leg) traits.

What else is not clear for you? Terms or some game mechanisms?
  • dulinquartersdulinquarters Member Posts: 481
    I understand what you are saying!! Most of the guilds it show/offers are the top global/US etc. The best way to find a guild to fit you is by looking threw the "Guild Recruitment" section. I started a guild about 6 months ago, by posting my tread there I was able to find many grest players to fill my guild. You could post your own tread saying you are looking for a guild or just read threw the post until you find a guild like what you want. I hope this helps you a little bit in your serch for a guild!??
    ty. that is all very helpful