Update 2.3 Discussion Thread

Update 2.3 coming soon!

2.3. Update Notes
Zenk0rgerkmanDeadBeatSCBMAGovernatorWeekOneGeneral_PainDylanTL20RBVampire

Comments

• KaLiKaLi Member Posts: 426
    edited November 2016
    @Teeceezy How soon is coming soon :) any date for the update? Like this upcoming tuesday! :)

Overall impressed with this update as seem you guys went many steps forward this time!

I love how there were no nerfs this time around.

+++ overwatch fixes

+++ auto center fixes

+++ on all the hero buffs!

Im excited about the new and improve hard scavengers.

thank you for your hard work and making TWD great again!
    gespuerNataNxyp_herianJaden
  • RapaxRapax Member Posts: 256
    Good job! I was just wondering I didn't find any note on the guaranteed legendary gear.. Is that issue solved?
  • KaLiKaLi Member Posts: 426
    edited November 2016
    @Rapax if you talking about level 20s, then seems like it is once player reach 58
    NataNxy
  • ShteevieShteevie Staff Posts: 1,335
    Rapax said:

Good job! I was just wondering I didn't find any note on the guaranteed legendary gear.. Is that issue solved?

-Can you be more specific?
    Development Team Member - The Walking Dead: No Man's Land
    Please note: Development is a fluid process, and suggestions and implementation take time and iteration. Any discussion of future features, deadlines, updates, balance changes, and such should be considered prospective and subject to change.
    GrimGael
  • Marie__GagaMarie__Gaga Member Posts: 130
    edited November 2016
    They promised addressing the low level grind in 2.3. That doesn't seem to happen.

Edit: following @Teeceezy it was promised for 2.4. Sorry, if I was wrong. :-)

Everything sounds ok, though "subtle changes" frightens me a little. ;-)
    ---
    --- Breaking Deads ---
    --- Don't forget to join the Guild Council - let's work together to make this game great again ---
    --- Click here to send me a personal message.
    --- "I founded three guilds and left them to play at a fourth one. Happy? Somehow yes." ---
  • TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,576

They promised addressing the low level grind in 2.3. That doesn't seem to happen.

That's been addressed as a 2.4. feature for quite some time now. :)
    maggiemoo
  • MorganMorgan Member Posts: 191
    I'm most excited about the scavenge missions and the new overwatch modifications!
    IGN: Morgan
    Currently Top 16 Globally and #2 in Canada
    Email: [email protected]

Need a guild? Click here to check us out!!!
    WeekOneBiggyJadenbababooey
  • rgerkmanrgerkman Member Posts: 2,465
    edited November 2016
    Oh eM Geezerz!!

48 total Scavenger Missions @Shteevie !?!?! holy Ish!! This.. this really stood out to me!! :WooHoo: Shteevie!! :WooHoo: !!!!!

There are other goodies in this Update.. I'm not trying to take away from them! I'm super excited & happy to see some changes & adjustments happening!!

Really looking forward to 2.3 & NML future!! :clappinghands:
    There Are No Such Things As Stupid Questions.!!
    There Are However.. Plenty of Stupid Answers!!

Rhonda
    PapacasMizTyJadensoggybottoms
  • gespuergespuer Member Posts: 1,565
    What a huge step forward. And what great changes. Sounds great, NG.
    I'm excited to find out if there are (hopefully) boomies in Alexandria challenge.

Keep on improving, NG ! ! !
    Kill'em all & JustSurviveSomehow
    Member & founder of #nocarlclub
    Playin' since 15.01.2016

SCBMAMizTyJaden
  • RapaxRapax Member Posts: 256
    Sorry @Shteevie, I am referring to the issue of getting 19 level legendary gear from guaranteed legendary crates instead of 20 level legendary gear when you have maxed out all buildings and you survivors are all at level 20
    Djinn
  • DodkongDodkong Member Posts: 1,048
    @rgerkman

One thing to keep in mind is that "A few previously-existing Scavenge maps have been tweaked." We don't know how or what this "tweaking" entails. It may have made some favorite boards less than ideal. Or some crappy ones could have been improved.

I'm curious to see what has been changed exactly and with four dozen maps to go through, it may take a little bit to find all the changes.
    "I always say, if you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your lips." -Birgitte Silverbow, The Fires of Heaven, The Wheel of Time

"Death is lighter than a feather. Duty, heavier than a mountain." - al'Lan Mandragoran, The Great Hunt, The Wheel of Time
    rgerkmanJadenKaiser
  • rgerkmanrgerkman Member Posts: 2,465
    edited November 2016
    I'm feeling very optimistic @Dodkong

Theres a Thread dedicated to Scavenger Missions & lots of convos with @Shteevie in there.. that's why I tagged him personally.. & why I'm feeling excited!! :blush:
    There Are No Such Things As Stupid Questions.!!
    There Are However.. Plenty of Stupid Answers!!

Rhonda
    PapacasJaden
  • 8900rpm8900rpm Member Posts: 95
    edited November 2016
    So no new council level? @Teeceezy @Shteevie
  • Conan1976Conan1976 Member Posts: 758
    edited November 2016
    @Teeceezy @Shteevie

looking very hopeful! Thanx! One question: for maxed out players, is lvl 20 (base) gear guaranteed from the leg 7500 TG crates?

double post, sorry
    Looking for a guild? The Den is the place to be!
    We bring the fun back! Game Tips and Videos! Common interest non-game related chats too!
    Everyone is Welcome!

Grimes Den & Dixons Den: competitive / different play styles
    Shivas Den: semi-competitive / relaxed Maggies Den: training and growth

Email us to make our home your home: [email protected]
  • Conan1976Conan1976 Member Posts: 758
    Shteevie said:

Rapax said:

-Can you be more specific?
    He probably means, If you are maxed out. Does that guarantee lvl 20 base gear in the leg. 7500 TG crates...
    Looking for a guild? The Den is the place to be!
    We bring the fun back! Game Tips and Videos! Common interest non-game related chats too!
    Everyone is Welcome!

Grimes Den & Dixons Den: competitive / different play styles
    Shivas Den: semi-competitive / relaxed Maggies Den: training and growth

Email us to make our home your home: [email protected]
  • MorganMorgan Member Posts: 191
    Will everyone who's "maxed out" have the same amount of bp?
    IGN: Morgan
    Currently Top 16 Globally and #2 in Canada
    Email: [email protected]

Need a guild? Click here to check us out!!!
  • WeekOneWeekOne Member Posts: 1,195
    edited November 2016
    @Shteevie : Love everything about the notes... good job!
    Under the hood
    - Guild and Challenge Leaderboards are reimplemented using new software.
    Q: Are the current leaderboards being wiped or will the stars be transferred?
    Papacas
  • Top8dogTop8dog Member Posts: 738
    OMG,... An update that I totally agree with and love the sounds of,... Never in a million years did I expect to be sayin it but I'm loving the sounds of what 2.3 is bringing

Nice one team ng
    I love the game,.. I criticise a lot,.. I appreciate the good,.. And battle the bad

DON'T TALK,.. THINK

Lose Ends Make My Ass Itch

Maggie,.. I'll Find You,.....
    kryptonixWeekOneJadenant
  • WeekOneWeekOne Member Posts: 1,195
    Morgan said:

Will everyone who's "maxed out" have the same amount of bp?

I hope so @Morgan

CreatureoftheNight
  • MonsutaMonsuta Member Posts: 1,168
    - The Alexandria Challenge mission set has been added. Good luck cleaning up the neighborhood!
    Does our camp will be rework into Alexandria Safe Zone?
    There is NO higher rarity when we use all legendary to craft the badge, we are being punished for having a chance to get LOWER rarity.
    This is NOT WORKING AS INTENDED & it's UNFAIR.
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,124
    Question for @Shteevie - Do some of the under the hood changes / updates to scavenger missions address the awkwardness of opening some of the boxes? In many of the maps, you can only open crates from one particular direction, even though nothing seems to be blocking other angles to the crate. See the attached screenshots.
    Elder in Legacy Eh, a top 10 global Challenge and Guild Wars guild
    PM me or visit this link to join the Eh family!
    Visit this link for my Distance and Challenge strategy videos
    Top8dog
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,124
    One more question for @Shteevie - There are some visual bugs with 1 ap movements. As you can see, in the first screen shot, the movement looks like it will use both of my action points, when in reality, this isn't the case.
    Elder in Legacy Eh, a top 10 global Challenge and Guild Wars guild
    PM me or visit this link to join the Eh family!
    Visit this link for my Distance and Challenge strategy videos
    DLichTop8dogjimmorrison369
  • Marie__GagaMarie__Gaga Member Posts: 130
    @Teeceezy:
    "The Trade Goods Shop displays the item being bought when confirming a purchase."

Does that mean we get to see the gear and its traits we are buying for 12,500 TG BEFORE actually paying? That would be a great step ahead...
    ---
    --- Breaking Deads ---
    --- Don't forget to join the Guild Council - let's work together to make this game great again ---
    --- Click here to send me a personal message.
    --- "I founded three guilds and left them to play at a fourth one. Happy? Somehow yes." ---
    Invader
  • Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    edited November 2016
    Appreciation where it's due. The changes appear to be to the improvement of the game so well done NG.

Question @Teeceezy or @Shteevie:
    " - Hard Scavenge missions now provide more Supplies, XP, Phone, and Gas in the crates at the end of the mission, and the Gear found in these crates will be more rare more often"

Does this mean that silver and gold crates will contain rare gear as previously, or will we be getting more epic and legendary gear from them?
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
    TheSittingDuckSteagles101
  • zeeblackzeeblack Member Posts: 1,039
    @Teeceezy @Shteevie please introduce separate radio calls for heroes in the 2.3 update. Please do away with the 10 radio calls. The changes being made in 2.3 appears to be good and would contribute to the betterment of the game

I am Black, Zee Black, Level SeVeNtY tWo with hUnDrEd ThOuSaNd sTaRs, Elder, SG Woot, oNe PoInT fIvE MiLlIoN star guild
    Top8dogCaptainslayerBlack_Jack