Update 2.3 Discussion Thread

Comments

• TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,576
    @gespuer The reason we don't communicate times is that often (as with this update) update times can change rather abruptly.
    kiwinz7Maverick1969
  • Shut_UpShut_Up Member Posts: 2,295
    edited November 2016
    I wonder if we get the 15 radio gift that comes with most updates? A gift of radios is like opening up a birthday card and finding money as a birthday gift. You can always use cash or radios lol!
    MizTyHaiyansrmcn1031kampion
  • gespuergespuer Member Posts: 1,565
    Shut_Up said:

I don't see how the timing of the update can seriously affect upgrading survivors or gear. The update always starts about the same time and unless you have something upgrading and it will finish right before the update or during the upgrade it really shouldn't affect a player. Maybe I'm missing something though so I would like to know if I missed something!

If gathered enough xp for an upgrade of equipment or a survivor and I know that the update is about to start in 12-18 hrs I would probably wait till I see what else to do with the xp (just as an example). Also right before an update is on air I'd like to change my strategy of using my gas. Usually I like to play 1 scavenge mission per hour. If I would know that maintenance is coming I would use all my gas directly to avoid loosing gas during that time (just an example again).
    Kill'em all & JustSurviveSomehow
    Member & founder of #nocarlclub
    Playin' since 15.01.2016

jimmorrison369
  • srmcn1031srmcn1031 Member Posts: 565
    I am so ready for this update. Figured it. Would have happened by now.
  • MystiqueMystique Content Creator ❤️ Posts: 1,404
    @srmcn1031 it was posted in another thread by @Teeceezy that the update won't be going live today! :disappointed:
    ⚔️ Leader: TheHerdReturned⚔️
  • Conan1976Conan1976 Member Posts: 758
    Looking for a guild? The Den is the place to be!
    We bring the fun back! Game Tips and Videos! Common interest non-game related chats too!
    Everyone is Welcome!

Grimes Den & Dixons Den: competitive / different play styles
    Shivas Den: semi-competitive / relaxed Maggies Den: training and growth

Email us to make our home your home: [email protected]
  • srmcn1031srmcn1031 Member Posts: 565
    Well damn that sucks, so neither day of no challenges I couldn't use a gas booster
  • MonsutaMonsuta Member Posts: 1,168
    Shteevie said:

-Minimum walkers: It's a strategic choice. We found that when we announced 6 and before we realized that the migration had failed, most players started using their special walkers again, bringing the total of charge points available to the numbers you mention. Also, knowing that there may be only 6 walkers in the defending Outpost adds a strategic wrinkle to the attacker's side of the equation as well: bring a 2-point character? Get a Charging weapon? Charge up the bruiser and assault, and get a kill from the walker wave when the door opens?

Essentially, we think this add variety and depth to team selection and defense management, and that improves the overall experience for everyone.

Minimum of 6 walkers is unfair to those who invest lots of TGs to increase the walkers size, this only discourage players not to invest TGs to increase their walkers in the outpost.
    My suggestion is add an "exit zone" in front of the gate, and change the timing of spawning walkers to when all the attackers are inside this "exit zone". Or let us manage how many normal walkers we like to add in the outpost if this is meant to be a "strategic choice".
    There is NO higher rarity when we use all legendary to craft the badge, we are being punished for having a chance to get LOWER rarity.
    This is NOT WORKING AS INTENDED & it's UNFAIR.
    Shut_UpPigGrimGael
  • MizTyMizTy Member Posts: 1,335
    @Shut_Up
    I think Shteevie listens to well articulated arguments & that he has proven that he is willing to change things when NML doesn't work "as intended." He's made lots of improvements to the game based on our feedback. Imo, it's worth the effort to make valid points & try to sway his opinion :blush:

Regarding your argument though, there are many times I have sought out an opponent for fewer tgs bc I didn't want to risk injury from walkers during a raid. Js... A different pov o:)
    Shut_UpWeekOneGrimGael
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,124
    This wasn't explicitly mentioned in the update notes @Shteevie, but can we assume that you guys fixed things like this? The Armored Walker was behind the gate when I opened it...
    Elder in Legacy Eh, a top 10 global Challenge and Guild Wars guild
    PM me or visit this link to join the Eh family!
    Visit this link for my Distance and Challenge strategy videos
    kampionjimmorrison369GrimGael
    edited November 2016
    @MizTy I agree if you are only in it for TG then sometimes an outpost with 350 TG up for grabs can be a viable target but I'm talking about if you are battling someone for influence I have a feeling most people will go after the outpost with higher TG so that they get more of a reward for doing the same thing which is killing 3 defenders. Most damage comes from the defenders and not the walkers so based on hundreds of posts about the outposts, under the current format I believe most people would rather face more walkers and charge up than not charge up or even worse waste 1 or 2 rounds (and being a sitting duck) charging up using the first spawn if they are going after all 3 objectives.

I'm also not saying NG doesn't listen at all but you can tell when there is a situation where they are unwilling to compromise (such as the luck and interrupt nerf) and this is going to be one of them.
    GrimGael
  • KrullKrull Member Posts: 15
    edited November 2016
    I feel this walker debate probably should have its own thread but since it is here, I am here and it isn't I will add a comment. I know a lot of the beefed up outpost teams get quite a bit of their points from failed attacks. Do away with the ability to charge your attacking survivors and newer, lesser teams such as myself will simply quit making any raids at all. It can't all be so one sided. If it does, it loses its uniqueness, fun and chance feel and becomes a highest cash pile wins type of game I feel. I mean come on, you are in are in a Fort you design, protected by the biggest baddest you have, placed exactly where you want them.........What more do you need???
    GrimGael
  • zeeblackzeeblack Member Posts: 1,039
    Waiting for the update patiently. Hope it doesn't become live during the challenge.
    I am Black, Zee Black, Level SeVeNtY tWo with hUnDrEd ThOuSaNd sTaRs, Elder, SG Woot, oNe PoInT fIvE MiLlIoN star guild
    Squall_NMLSCBMASilver5
  • CRUSHCRUSH Member Posts: 582
    Murphy's law...
    Neil_J
  • Scott859Scott859 Member Posts: 2
    My game just started the update around 2:30am I live Ky.
    @gespuer I took a page out of your playbook and decided not to start the upgrade on this armor before the update just in case they reduced upgrade time. I doubt it but I said what the hell I'll start after the update and see if maybe Gespuer is onto something.
  • gespuergespuer Member Posts: 1,565
    Well done, @Shut_Up , well done.... B) Patience is one of the hardest characteristics...
    Kill'em all & JustSurviveSomehow
    Member & founder of #nocarlclub
    Playin' since 15.01.2016

• ShteevieShteevie Staff Posts: 1,335
    JayZ said:

This wasn't explicitly mentioned in the update notes @Shteevie, but can we assume that you guys fixed things like this? The Armored Walker was behind the gate when I opened it...

-We had a ticket on that floating around, but I'm not sure if that one was addressed specifically. I think it has to do with players whose outpost layouts were modified, but who haven't gone in to place their walkers afterwards. I'll dig in to it if I find a minute.
    Shut_Up said:

If I thought making valid points could sway his opinion...

-I'll thank you for keeping it classy. In the meantime, I'me sure you can look around the forums and find open discussion with myself or other staff members without looking too hard.

In this instance, I have a couple of points of data that I'm keeping in mind here that may not be available to you. The first are the plans for further improvements to matchmaking and rewards that will change the ultimate state of outpost matches. The second is the data of how many walkers people are using, how often this building is upgraded, and how many walkers are being placed. As of now, it's better for us to implement the change we had originally intended to, since the player reaction to that is exactly what we are looking for, and then follow any further data that comes in. Your opinion is important, as is that of every player that offers it on the forums, but it is not the whole picture.
    Development Team Member - The Walking Dead: No Man's Land
    Please note: Development is a fluid process, and suggestions and implementation take time and iteration. Any discussion of future features, deadlines, updates, balance changes, and such should be considered prospective and subject to change.
    GrimGael
  • PigPig Member Posts: 1,870
    Shteevie said:

I think it has to do with players whose outpost layouts were modified, but who haven't gone in to place their walkers afterwards.

Just to assist you in thinking about and fixing this issue, let me point out that walkers showing up behind the gates is a bug that pre-dates modifications to the outpost layouts. This explanation makes sense for things like outposts that only have 2 defenders, but not for the walkers behind the gates.
    Bad Pig
    Bad to the bone!
    The Notorious P.I.G.
    "I'm stuck in forum prison, and time keeps draggin' on"
    "I’ve never said I’m a perfect pig, nor pretended to be someone that I’m not."
    InvaderGrimGael
  • PaulusPaulus Member Posts: 58
    Naw thanks for the booster gifts NG. Had bug reports on Ep 7 missions yet? I'm reloading to see if it resolves but there was a force to pick a team of 3 and then one plays, and crashed on a move to exit
    It reloaded into the ep7 challenge, but thinks I am playing three ppl in the flee option
    @Paulus Known issue, thanks for the report.
  • InvaderInvader Member Posts: 2,066
    Just started a scavange mission...and I´m not able to move or shoot anywhere :neutral:
  • JackBauerJackBauer Member Posts: 1,548
    @Teeceezy
    Me too, plus I can finish the mission anymore.
    I move my hero to the exit, I can see that AP are used (half full circle around survivor) but the survivor does not move.

I'm stuck.
    -----------------
    Remember to use your charge abilities
    Tks @Teeceezy assume you know it says the survivor left behind is dead also... I hope I didn't just kill a leg shooter and then Daryl :smile:
    Can´t move in outpost too...
    Looking in to these issues. Thanks for the reports.
    InvaderGeneral_Pain
    Okay...it works on my phone but not on my emulator (which is not supported...) :neutral:

As my phone is too small and I don´t have a tablet, I´m on a break now...