Update 2.3 Discussion Thread

Comments

• ShteevieShteevie Staff Posts: 1,335
    _Daemon said:

What the hell!? A defending bruiser stunned all my attackers with a single attack in the outpost raid. Do defenders use charged attacks now?

They might have equipped that defender with Morgan's Staff - this is a weapon that has a small attack arc like a warrior's sword does. Sounds like a real peach of a defense. Did you eventually win?
    Development Team Member - The Walking Dead: No Man's Land
    Please note: Development is a fluid process, and suggestions and implementation take time and iteration. Any discussion of future features, deadlines, updates, balance changes, and such should be considered prospective and subject to change.
    MizTy
  • MorganMorgan Member Posts: 191
    edited November 2016
    @Shteevie do you guys have any plans of making the Saviors/Freemen use their special attacks?

(I realized they have to charge their special attacks first.)
    IGN: Morgan
    Currently Top 16 Globally and #2 in Canada
    Email: [email protected]

Need a guild? Click here to check us out!!!
  • _Daemon_Daemon Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2016
    @Shteevie No I lost. That damn bruiser that stunned 3 of mine attackers was last man standing :) No I see why this guy kept a bruiser and two warriors in the place with a single enterance

I like the update much btw
    MizTy
  • JerryDixonJerryDixon Member Posts: 386
    Class selection filter is great for switching survivors in outpost play! I also played a bunch of hard scavenge equipment missions. Didn't see any difference in rewards from pre-v2.3. Also noticed that walkers are starting one level lower in hard scavenge missions (equipment and XP...didn't try supply mission)
    Jerry Dixon
    JSS
  • autumn_ashautumn_ash Member Posts: 325
    A kind of a bug here!
    So, I'm doing 2 quests simultaneously - all-warrior team and all-melee team, and I am getting both of the bonus stars, but victory screen only shows me one star, not two. Just a minor inconvenience since I am still getting both, but still.
    TWD ⭐️ FearTWD ⭐️ Ride with Norman Reedus
  • OneLessTitanOneLessTitan Member Posts: 1,272
    What's the deal with the "Charged" text popping up after every kill before I actually charge up my survivor?

And still encountered an outpost with 4 walkers:

Shut_UpGrimGaelWilltop
  • PoppyPoppy Member Posts: 1,146
    Morgan said:

@Shteevie do you guys have any plans of making the Saviors/Freemen use their special attacks?

(I realized they have to charge their special attacks first.)

You not think they are OP enough now without that?
    banner 1st draft

Still your only straight talking tell it as it is content creator for TWD NML, who needs a worthless badge follow me @ https://youtube.com/user/TrueMarvellous
    ... .... ..- - / - .... . / .... . .-.. .-.. / ..- .--. / --. .-. .. -- . -.--
  • Marcus6253Marcus6253 Member Posts: 178
    JayZ said:

Omg, I can't get over how convenient/awesome the survivor selection screen is. Thank you for adding filters by class NG!

Next up: Can you add a "gear swap" option so that we can quickly exchange gear between two survivors if one of them is in the hospital and we need to take our backup survivor on a mission or raid? :)

If you look at the survivor picture in the selection screen there is an 'i' at the top right of the picture. If you click on this "button" you go to the survivor detail screen where you can swap gear. Hope this helps.
  • zbotzbot Legendary Moderator Posts: 6,428

What's the deal with the "Charged" text popping up after every kill before I actually charge up my survivor?

And still encountered an outpost with 4 walkers:

@OneLessTitan that's the text showing you are filling up the charge meter (red circles) after kills not that your charge ability is active.

@autumn_ash , as @Bill_ZRT mentioned it's always shown +1 whether you get +2 or +3 on the recap screen but shows up correctly on the challenge map screen.
    autumn_ash
  • OneLessTitanOneLessTitan Member Posts: 1,272
    @zbot -- I know what it's doing, it's just annoying as hell. And isn't that what the Red Skull after a kill used to tell us? So, they replaced a non-annoying Red Skull with super-annoying text?
    Shut_UprgerkmanConan1976TheSittingDuck
  • rgerkmanrgerkman Member Posts: 2,465
    edited November 2016
    Enjoying new Update so far! :woohoo:

& I'm with OLT .. I like just Skulls!! :joy:
    There Are No Such Things As Stupid Questions.!!
    There Are However.. Plenty of Stupid Answers!!

Rhonda
    TheSittingDuck
  • Shut_UpShut_Up Member Posts: 2,295
    edited November 2016
    Since the game is now being redundant I thought I would do the same thing. B)

@rgerkman The skulls are there still too.

@rgerkman The skulls are there still too.
    OneLessTitanSCBMAJaden
  • PoppyPoppy Member Posts: 1,146
    @Shteevie

Quick clarification on the changes to the Charging Trait.

Does the damage boost only apply to the charge attacks that were gained by the additional point been awarded or is it all charge attacks for that survivor.

Other than that well done on a great QoL update.

Oh one quick thing any plans on sorting gear missions Equipment levels as they still award as low as lvl 18 gear and make these missions pointless. Noticed a pattern that the higher the rarity the lower the level is so most greys are 20, Legendary's if your lucky to get one seem always 18s.
    banner 1st draft

Still your only straight talking tell it as it is content creator for TWD NML, who needs a worthless badge follow me @ https://youtube.com/user/TrueMarvellous
    ... .... ..- - / - .... . / .... . .-.. .-.. / ..- .--. / --. .-. .. -- . -.--
    edited November 2016
    @Poppy they are op. But keep in mind that they have to kill walkers in order to charge. It'd be somewhat fun to have to kill them before they charge lol.

• GebobsGebobs Member Posts: 428
    Morgan said:

@Gebobs I think a couple of receipts should be fine.

Using your "new" account, get in the game and hit the "gear" setting button in the top right corner of your screen then Hit "help".

File for a ticket and make sure you put your account info (I mentioned above) along with the receipts.

The support desk will get back to you as soon as they can

Thanks...I finally figured out the problem...somehow got signed out of Game Center.
    Morgan
  • TzarTzar Member Posts: 48
    What about Guild Top50. Теперь места распределяются по общему количеству звёзд, а не считаются за две недели?
    Now seats are allocated according to the total number of stars, and are not considered to be in two weeks?
  • ZuizziZuizzi Member Posts: 5
    Is it just me or are rewards from chests much lower than before? I just got gold one and got 1.4k resources and before I was getting 5-6k
  • General_QuatreGeneral_Quatre Member Posts: 989
    @Shteevie My BP went to level 58 (from 57), but my RSL for Hard Scavenges went from 23 to 22. I assume this affects rewards, yeah? Is it supposed to have gone down?

All: does anyone have #s for differences in XP/Gear end-of-mission rewards between Normal and Hard Scavenges? I still think farming Normal is more effective, but am curious nonetheless.
    Also, bronze chest rewards much much lower as well, 150-200 while they were 600-700 before, how is that possible?
  • Shut_UpShut_Up Member Posts: 2,295
    edited November 2016
    @General_Quatre Check your RSL on hard missions again. I thing they patched it because mine went from 23 to 22 back to 23.
    MorganBuckzzR2runfast

@Shteevie My BP went to level 58 (from 57), but my RSL for Hard Scavenges went from 23 to 22. I assume this affects rewards, yeah? Is it supposed to have gone down?

All: does anyone have #s for differences in XP/Gear end-of-mission rewards between Normal and Hard Scavenges? I still think farming Normal is more effective, but am curious nonetheless.

Hard scavange missions now range between 22 and 23 for level 58 players.

Normal scavenge mission XP reward from chests ranges between 4600-4800
    Hard scavenge mission XP reward from chests ranges between 5500-5800
    *those are not including the silver and gold chests.*

WeekOneMizTy
  • kryptonixkryptonix Member Posts: 253
    edited November 2016
    Zuizzi said:

Also, bronze chest rewards much much lower as well, 150-200 while they were 600-700 before, how is that possible?

you're playing low level challenge missions, they will increase as the RSL increases.
    ZuizziMizTy
    Oh, so that's the way it works, thank you! :)
  • General_QuatreGeneral_Quatre Member Posts: 989
    Shut_Up said:

@General_Quatre Check your RSL on hard missions again. I thing they patched it because mine went from 23 to 22 back to 23.

Yep. Back to 23. But crate rewards don't seem that different. Certainly not enough to merit changing tactics from farming Normals which start at RSL19 and let you kill more walkers for way more XP. I wonder what the Silver and Gold crates are for Hard XP Scavenges if you're RSL23?
  • LgrattLgratt Member Posts: 77
    I can't load the update on my iPad, I open the appstore, no update available, only says Open but doesn't work... help please
  • TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,576
    @Lgratt Close the game from the background, open up your App Store and then push the Updates tab. It should be there, ready for download.
  • LgrattLgratt Member Posts: 77
    edited November 2016
    @Teeceezy it says connecting, building camp and stops...

S:'( /editor/e4/ch9n300cgtkp.png" alt="" />
    still doesn't work, was able to do the update on my iPhone but not on my iPad