[Trait] Interrupt

So the update 1.3 introduced the Interupt trait for our weapons. What is the point of having this trait for melee weapons especially the bruiser's weapons? A bruiser hit from overwatch guarantees that the walker gets stunned which is superior to the Interupt trait. I'm not happy about losing a useful trait for my bruiser's weapon by having the Interupt trait added instead.

Can you please isolate the Interupt trait for ranged weapons only and not add it to melee weapons?

Comments

• zosonzoson Member Posts: 2,216
    I agree, there does not seem to be any point for bruisers specifically since they still stun on overwatch. So interrupt should not spawn on bruiser weapons.

I do think it could be useful for scout or warrior melee since an interrupt voids all zombie action, so even if they're right up next to you - they won't attack you if you roll an interrupt.
  • HeadhunterHeadhunter Member Posts: 199
    I just read the updated version 1.3 update announcement. According to the announcement, the Interupt trait is for ranged weapons with no mention of melee weapons. So is spawning this trait on melee weapons a bug or intentional?
  • CeszarCeszar Member Posts: 91

I just read the updated version 1.3 update announcement. According to the announcement, the Interupt trait is for ranged weapons with no mention of melee weapons. So is spawning this trait on melee weapons a bug or intentional?

Well, I would like the skill continue at least for scouts, that makes him an OP class
    Leader of Watchmen
    #1 Brasil Ranking
    Sorry my poor english :|
    Be part of a Champions Guild: forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/925/top-7-watchmen-and-watchmen-2-is-recruiting-top-players#latest
  • jureforjusticejureforjustice Member Posts: 270
    edited November 2015
    I've received interrupt for my melee weapons too. The interrupt is good for using against tank walkers, which you can not stun. However, when interrupt happens, it's mostly while the enemy is walking by you, not when they are already next to you before you end turn.

With that said, a 100% interrupt on a melee can be very effective as you can actually kite with them. (Wishful thinking, someone please test this out with a gold trait interrupt, lol!)
  • CeszarCeszar Member Posts: 91

I've received interrupt for my melee weapons too. The interrupt is good for using against tank walkers, which you can not stun. However, when interrupt happens, it's mostly while the enemy is walking by you, not when they are already next to you before you end turn.

With that said, a 100% interrupt on a melee can be very effective as you can actually kite with them. (Wishful thinking, someone please test this out with a gold trait interrupt, lol!)

I'll test it and post here soon.
    Leader of Watchmen
    #1 Brasil Ranking
    Sorry my poor english :|
    Be part of a Champions Guild: forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/925/top-7-watchmen-and-watchmen-2-is-recruiting-top-players#latest
    zoson
  • jureforjusticejureforjustice Member Posts: 270
    Yes, interrupt WORKS for melee.

I tested this with my scout's 100% interrupt. It solidly interrupts EVERYTHING the walker (normal, armored AND tank) is doing, or going to do.

This is how I tested it:
    Make sure I have 1AP for overwatch, walk close enough to where the walker will come and get me. As soon as it comes in range of overwatch, my scout stabs it. STOPPING it in place. The walker can not even attack! I walk 1 step away, end turn, the walker comes in again, and again my scout interrupts it from attacking me.

The only thing left to do is to test if this takes over the bruiser's stun or not... I haven't gotten one for my bruiser yet.

Yes, interrupt WORKS for melee.

I tested this with my scout's 100% interrupt. It solidly interrupts EVERYTHING the walker (normal, armored AND tank) is doing, or going to do.

This is how I tested it:
    Make sure I have 1AP for overwatch, walk close enough to where the walker will come and get me. As soon as it comes in range of overwatch, my scout stabs it. STOPPING it in place. The walker can not even attack! I walk 1 step away, end turn, the walker comes in again, and again my scout interrupts it from attacking me.

The only thing left to do is to test if this takes over the bruiser's stun or not... I haven't gotten one for my bruiser yet.

Very nice info. I have the interrupt trait on one of my bruiser's weapon. I'll have to replicate your experiment to see how the interrupt works against a heavy walker. I used the overwatch attack against other zombies, and they were stunned or killed outright. So far the interrupt trait hasn't been useful for my bruiser.
    I have to say... This seems like a giant mistake to me and I'm intentionally avoiding relying on this strategy. When they take this away you'll have spent a lot of XP leveling up an item that will either cease to exist, or suddenly change.
    zoson said:

I have to say... This seems like a giant mistake to me and I'm intentionally avoiding relying on this strategy. When they take this away you'll have spent a lot of XP leveling up an item that will either cease to exist, or suddenly change.

I'm curious in why you think this will be nerfed or dropped in future updates.
    It's been stated in the patch notes and by the dev's that interrupt is intended for ranged weapons only.
    Ok I changed my mind. I like the Interrupt trait on my melee weapons especially with my bruisers. The various pro-interrupt posts convinced me to try it in missions with heavy walkers. Positioning my bruisers in the path of a heavy walker then having them trigger the oversight attack works like a charm.

So thank you to all the posters who convinced me to give this a try. The 3 star victories I'm now getting where I previously received 2 stars are dedicated with gratitude to you guys.
    WastelandDanjureforjustice
This discussion has been closed.