New Hero Rufus, spoilers????

Comments

• personlllpersonlll Member Posts: 79
    edited December 2016
    The weapon won't damage adjacent walkers unless you have line of sight. Is this an oversight or intentional?
    GrimGael
  • SCBMASCBMA Member Posts: 2,181
    @MadPuppy
    You do not watch "The Talking Dead"? Rufus was created by the host, Chris Hardwick.
    RedEye52
  • MadPuppyMadPuppy Moderator Posts: 2,826
    edited December 2016
    Never watched it.
    I only ever heard it's name first time recently here on forum.
    Don't know what it is.
    Tonight it will be on here apparently, and due to it's being announce on this forum I intended to watch it. But I guess the surprise has been spoiled.

So, what IS talking dead? Why is it part of the TWD imagined post-apocalyptic world?

I guess it's some kind of talkshow right? A talkshow about a regular TV series?
    InvaderGrimGael
  • personlllpersonlll Member Posts: 79
    It's called jumping the shark
    Verbaub
  • GreySeerGreySeer Member Posts: 308
    edited December 2016
    Can I refuse to unlock him? And if I can, do his tokens don't get into roulation?

Don't get me wrong: I appreciate the gesture of a free survivor. But just because whatshisface designed him and he has a leader trait, doesn't make him a hero to me.

I have rejected a lot of survivors with these santa-esthetics, and I don't want to be forced to take one in now. Plus, that weapon is useless to me.
    TheLostOneszeeblackpsychwolfNathaniel
  • MonsutaMonsuta Member Posts: 1,168
    This free hero & his unique weapon is welcome & fun to play, although the weapon is common rarity only which lack upgradability.
    But do we really need 14 heroes to further reduce the epic & legendary survivor tokens availability?
    There is NO higher rarity when we use all legendary to craft the badge, we are being punished for having a chance to get LOWER rarity.
    This is NOT WORKING AS INTENDED & it's UNFAIR.
    CRUSHacbNathanielRedEye52
  • SCBMASCBMA Member Posts: 2,181
    @MadPuppy
    The Talking Dead immediately follows TWD and is a therapy session of sorts depending on what just happened on the show! The guests are often cast members and executive producers so you get a lot of talk about how the scenes were filmed and such. I highly recommend it if you are a fan. Chris Hardwick is quite the character himself so Rufus isn't a stretch for his imagination.
    ggbatsRedEye52
  • Loewe1968Loewe1968 Member Posts: 540
    How to get a better weapon for Rufus? If you give him an MG, does not work the burning in the circle.
  • Nightwolf1986Nightwolf1986 Member Posts: 46
    Nice, I suggested a grenadier class some time ago, think this will come very close to that suggestion
    MadPuppy
  • PigPig Member Posts: 1,870
    I was playing Pokemon Go today and I caught a jawa.
    Bad Pig
    Bad to the bone!
    The Notorious P.I.G.
    "I'm stuck in forum prison, and time keeps draggin' on"
    "I’ve never said I’m a perfect pig, nor pretended to be someone that I’m not."
    DoTakGovernatormasmith93Artisans
  • ZeenaZeena Member Posts: 126
    I love the hero Rufus. It's awesom he was free too!
    He's quite a character but his weapon should of been at least a rare, I mean at this point we can only use him on low level guild challenges bc of his weapon is not very powerful at this point. Or at least offer a way for us to use TG's in the trade good store to get a better version or legendary version of his grenade weapon now that you've teased us with it!
    RedEye52ggbatsSCBMA
  • MonsutaMonsuta Member Posts: 1,168

All I'm seeing on this thread is people moaning about new heroes just because it's harder to get them in calls are you actually serious? So you don't want coral or negan because of your sacred roulette in radio call? You're happy now to just do scavenge missions every day with the same characters for the rest of the game with no episode 7 missions etc? Get real fgs

The availability of hero tokens is lame, every 7 hours you paid 600 TGs in the shop you can only get 4 hero tokens out of 14 heroes, compare to 8 survivor tokens with 2 different class out of 6 class to choose.
    Hero tokens can be get in story mission & guild reward is good, but their tokens is still scarce in radio calls & shop.
    NG improve the radio call to make hero tokens the same amount with normal survivor, but why not improve the shop also?
    There is NO higher rarity when we use all legendary to craft the badge, we are being punished for having a chance to get LOWER rarity.
    This is NOT WORKING AS INTENDED & it's UNFAIR.
  • RapaxRapax Member Posts: 256
    When the threat counter reaches zero each of your survivors gain a charge point! Does it apply also if you use him defending your outpost? @Shteevie
  • CRUSHCRUSH Member Posts: 582
    insight55 said:

I like his weapon.

I like him.

This man is on fire!

Don´t drink and fight.

RedEye52GrimGaelSCBMA
  • CRUSHCRUSH Member Posts: 582

All I'm seeing on this thread is people moaning about new heroes just because it's harder to get them in calls are you actually serious? So you don't want coral or negan because of your sacred roulette in radio call? You're happy now to just do scavenge missions every day with the same characters for the rest of the game with no episode 7 missions etc? Get real fgs

A hero should be something unique. Now we are going to have more heros than normal survivors. It seems two are yet to come. NG just asked if we want one more S7 line next year. Will this bring 5 or more new heros again?

• iozzegiozzeg Member Posts: 157
    The ones that are left are Carl and Morgan, I personally don't see much more "heroes" out there, of course if we are not talking surpise moonshiners :p
    GrimGaelSCBMA
  • Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    edited December 2016
    So now it's turning into The Beverley Hillbillys!

@MadPuppy I watched Talking Dead once. Hardwick thinks he is the dog's bollocks, but in fact the show should be called Talking Bollocks.
    The guy loves the sound of his own voice that much, nobody else gets much of a word in edgeways.
    I haven't watched it a second time........
    And now they let that twat design a character for this game?????
    Jeez.......... :(

And the proper survivor token availability is diluted even further!!!
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
    psychwolfNathaniel