S7M, Episode 7: Last Man Standing, Official Discussion Thread (May contain game spoilers)

Comments

• MortmerMortmer Member Posts: 169
    OK, this is ridiculous. I just mis-swiped and had a survivor run by a zombie on the FIRST TURN and ended up in a struggle and earned another defeat.
    kscarlett5683
    @Dale, I've seen that as well, several times.
  • MadPuppyMadPuppy Member Posts: 2,831
    Merged @Mortmer

Are you using gear with gold wrestler trait? If not, try it with that. You could use a little luck in there as well. I do hope you get it finished.
    @MadPuppy No gold Wrestler gear but lvl 20 Barnstormer's Coat with Silver wrestler didn't help at all. I'm going to keep trying (and promoting as fast as I can) in the hope I can finish 4/5 before Sunday.
  • @Necroboogie Thank you for the video. I wish I had that weapon you used. My L16 Daryl has his OG crossbow. I just tired a different rifle and that was worst then the cross bow. Almost all my top strong guys are once again in Negan Care. My fear for this trial is I am just not strong enough and neither is my gear.
    LilLuna86
  • bigbeanobigbeano Member Posts: 602
    My freakin gold wrestler gear ain't worked 4 any S7 map!It makes me wanna break thangs+stuff!PLEASE no more stupid solo maps NG!
    edited December 2016
    @MadPuppy Just tried again with Gold Wrestler and died after a struggle, again. Watching my survivor appeared to win the struggles, the walker fell down then my survivor rocked back and forth a few times and defeat.

The funny thing is, after the zombie dies, my survivor's name goes green on the left side of the screen, which I thought meant it was my turn and then he dies.
    CyTrek74
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,066
    A assault and keeping to the far right should do the trick. Move there as soon as you can, as far away from the middle as possible, kill only what comes close enough.

My assault doesn't even habe fully upgraded gear and still made it. She's legendary, though, and has marksman and sure shot. Since I didn't move here most of the time, I got a lot of crits. Don't know if this helped, guess it did...
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    MizTy
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,438
    All due respect @MadPuppy, I don't think the post about Wrestler should have been merged. Even though the particular example related to the challenge, I think there's an important discussion to be had about the usefulness of Wrestler in general.
    jimmorrison369MizTy
  • FelioFelio Member Posts: 102
    Wrestler gear doesn't work on solo challenges. I
    bigbeano
  • Wardens1972Wardens1972 Member Posts: 44
    Breezed through first 3 missions. Mission 4 is impossible. I have tried all different classes. 5 star level 20 with 5 star armor and weapon. Everytime I almost complete it a walker jumps on me at last second and its over. This one is too hard. I don't mind a challenge but With survivors I have I should be able to beat this. It calls for level 21 survivors. I have level 20 legendary survivors with legendary weapons and armor.
  • soggybottomssoggybottoms Member Posts: 151
    edited December 2016
    I used a Leg Warrior 18 w/ Leg lvl 18 weapon on all 5 missions. Came out bruised on 4 & 5. I made sure to go in strategically for best angle and to be as far from the next W or spawn as possible. My armour was lvl 18 w/dodge.
    Retaliate was a must!!!
    Pig
  • MadPuppyMadPuppy Member Posts: 2,831
    edited December 2016
    I'm sorry @JayZ !
    There's two very good discussion threads on the wrestler trait though. If you wish to discuss that further, maybe you can add to those?

HERE and HERE.
    jimmorrison369
  • kscarlett5683kscarlett5683 Member Posts: 18
    @Necroboogie Excuse my ignorance, but in your video you mention a "large caliber weapon". Aren't they all large caliber? Can you give me an example?
  • NecroboogieNecroboogie Member Posts: 1,108
    edited December 2016
    @kscarlett5683 Here's a few pics showing rifles, the Large Calibre trait widens your shot (the green line) allowing you to hit more targets on angled shots much more easily. If you shoot in a straight line (horizontal or vertical) you won't hit extra walkers on either side, but if you angle your shot you'll hit most walkers that the green line touches; sometimes will miss red circles[walkers] (with no, bronze and silver trait) it grazes and sometimes will hit red circles[walkers] that it doesn't touch with (gold)
    kscarlett5683MizTy
  • KertesKertes Member Posts: 33
    Had no problem finishing all trials with this toon (I got him bruised in the 5th one though).

MadPuppy
  • kscarlett5683kscarlett5683 Member Posts: 18
    Please help!!! I'm having an issue. I'm using an Epic Level 17 Daryl with a gold wide caliber weapon. I am on trial #5. There will be a group of walkers in a row. I will shoot them and the everyone dies *except the one closest to me, who shows zero damage. Then that walker comes at me.

I've never seen this happen before this trial. This is frustrating because that's why I get injured and die.

And, also, btw, I also seemingly "survive" a wrestle and then seem to continue to wrestle nothing after the walker goes down and then I die. Is this also a bug?
    gespuer
  • CarlyCarly Member Posts: 2,328
    Thanks to those that posted videos and offer advice on this one!
    MizTy
  • HELP! So my Survivors are L15 and I have 2 that are L16. When I start the Trials 4/5 my walker start out at level 18 and the last wave comes in at L21. My question is this right? It takes 3 shots to kill these walkers and I wont even mention what a slap does to my peeps. I go in with my legendary up graded gear that I have and still cant NOT complete. I wont tell you the horrible words that have flow out my mouth. LMAO my Parrots will probably be repeating any day now. Thanks for any help or advice.
  • GreySeerGreySeer Member Posts: 308
    @707EmeraldTriangle

That seems off... My highest survivors are also level 16. But trial 1 started with level 14 walkers, and trial 5 ended with level 18 walkers.

All my respawns (though not that many, I was using a warrior) were also level 18. Maybe a 19, wasn't paying that much attention.

Post some pics of your survivors so people can give some tips?
    707EmeraldTriangle
  • @GreySeer Ok I will do that when I get home. The members in my guild were saying the same thing. I have tired many ways I just cant beat TRIALS 4/5.
  • @Teeceezy Can you shed any light on this for me?

HELP! So my Survivors are L15 and I have 2 that are L16. When I start the Trials 4/5 my walker start out at level 18 and the last wave comes in at L21. My question is this right? It takes 3 shots to kill these walkers and I wont even mention what a slap does to my peeps. I go in with my legendary up graded gear that I have and still cant NOT complete. I wont tell you the horrible words that have flow out my mouth. LMAO my Parrots will probably be repeating any day now. Thanks for any help or advice.

• Marcus6253Marcus6253 Member Posts: 202
    @707EmeraldTriangle Each wave of walkers generated by threat is one higher than the previous level, thus if you started with level 18 walkers, the first time they spawn they will be 19, the next time they will be 20, and then 21, 22, etc. If you are seeing level 21 walkers, then you are taking way too long to complete the mission.

There was an earlier post stating that you have to kill about 15 walkers and then you get the dialog stating the truck must be near. A couple turns after that the exit should open up. Thus, the quicker you can kill 15 walkers the fewer waves you will have to deal with. This means you must have a survivor that can kill multiple walkers per turn. Hopefully one that can limit the threat so the first wave spawned does not overwhelm your survivor.

I used Daryl with my best rifle which did not have wide bore. I went to the far right side and waited for walkers to line up to be killed. I used charged shots as much as possible to make sure I got the one shot kills. It took several tries and on the one that worked, I was attacked as making my way to the exit and was lucky enough to get a dodge. That dodge is the only reason I made it after more than 10 tries.
    MizTy
  • gabyraygabyray Member Posts: 1
    Morgan said:

Use an assault with wide range gold. It'll be easier than blinking ;)

im looking for a guild i can do a minimum of 150 stars

• SynapseRangerSynapseRanger Member Posts: 233
    Used Daryl, got away with no injuries for all five trials due to amazing luck with Dodge
    Good luck, dumbass
  • DCBMETDCBMET Member Posts: 392
    Very strange. After several attempts, upgrading his rifle to 21, and hiding in the top-right corner for most of the mission, I was able to clear it despite going into struggle in the endzone as it lit up. I'll take it.

Also, may want to consider fixing that struggle mechanic for solo missions. It is total BS that the wrestler trait can proc and still yield an instant defeat.
    jimmorrison369JayZMizTy
  • It's just so good to know I'm not the only struggling to finish the trials. Let's do this guys!

GIVE NOTHING BUT TAKE FROM THEM... EVERYTHING!
    I completely agree that the winning a struggle and still ending up dead needs to be looked into. I have won so many struggles on 4/5 of this, watched the zombie fall down dead, seen my survivor dance around and continue to struggle and the end up with yet another defeat. This scenario is broken.
    gespuerkscarlett5683bababooeyMizTy