To Farm or not to Farm - what is your preference?

So, I like to hang in the scenes and farm the hordes for xp instead of just bolting out of there asap.
What is everyone else doing?

Comments

• HeadhunterHeadhunter Member Posts: 199
    I farm whenever possible.
  • zosonzoson Member Posts: 2,216
    I think there's a penalty on the number and quality of cards you get in your boxes caused by farming.
    In my experience if I finish a map before any more zombies spawn, I've taken no damage, and I've also killed all the zombies on the map, I always get a decently good card draw. 4 silvers, sometimes 2 golds and 4 silvers, etc.
    On the flipside, I definitely have a strong correlation in my head where staying after the fact to farm XP almost always nets no silver or gold cards at all, regardless of if you took no damage.

Also, if you look at the amount of XP you earn... It's usually not that much... 4000-5000 at the most before the zombies are too high level to kill. You can easily make that up with two silver cards.
    Ceszar
    edited November 2015
    zoson said:

I think there's a penalty on the number and quality of cards you get in your boxes caused by farming.
    In my experience if I finish a map before any more zombies spawn, I've taken no damage, and I've also killed all the zombies on the map, I always get a decently good card draw. 4 silvers, sometimes 2 golds and 4 silvers, etc.
    On the flipside, I definitely have a strong correlation in my head where staying after the fact to farm XP almost always nets no silver or gold cards at all, regardless of if you took no damage.

Also, if you look at the amount of XP you earn... It's usually not that much... 4000-5000 at the most before the zombies are too high level to kill. You can easily make that up with two silver cards.

I haven't noticed this myself. I'll try to farm and not farm the various missions to see if your observations hold true or not.

On some missions like The Room, I can farm for over 2 hours and earn 15k to 20k experience points and kill over 700 zombies. I'm not sure if that is the smartest way to earn the most experience points in the amount of time I spend in there, but I like to do it for the challenge of beating my previous records.
  • qtpieqtpie Member Posts: 5
    Mission 7/4 and 9/3 have the best farm rate.

1hr nets you 1000 zombie with 50k exp.
  • qtpieqtpie Member Posts: 5
    3 hunter and voila
  • jureforjusticejureforjustice Member Posts: 270
    edited November 2015
    zoson said:

I have to disagree with you. For as long as I've been playing (3 weeks?) I've gotten various chests from farming in missions, and even when I've rushed through, I still get various chests too. So It most likely has no correlation to the amount of time spent in a mission. Also, at higher episodes, you're not going to be spending a lot of time playing, mostly waiting for gas.

I'd say it's best to use your time (if you got some) to just farm for a little extra 4k XP in killing walkers AND getting chest while you wait to do your next mission (50+ minutes) rather than finishing and only gaining from the chest.
    Ceszar
  • SlayerSectSlayerSect Member Posts: 634
    I definitely farm as often as I can, except on deadly missions (not with the risk). I for one thank the cards are random, but I will start to keep track of the cards I get for rushes/versus farming.

can't recall how many I killed, but the highest lvl walker I've defeated is lvl 22.

Slayers Sect

Play to Slay. Slay to live another day. Daily players. On and killing walkers as often as we can.

We need you! We want you!
    edited November 2015
    So I spent the last day farming and not farming the same missions to see if there were any differences in the quality of boxes you get. I noticed absolutely no difference. The drops seem to be random.

The advantage I see from farming versus not farming is that you do earn more experience points over time, and you give yourself more time to generate gas thereby allowing you to play longer and thus gain even more experience points.

The other advantage to farming is you can get to the 20k kill achievement faster and get the 300 gold reward.
    jureforjustice
    I've been keeping track of every mission I've been doing. I think this will be the only way to really compare. We have to actually log what we got.

I've only been doing them as fast as possible and I took no damage at all on any of them.
    Here's the last 10:

1 gold 3 silver
    3 gold
    2 gold 4 silver
    6 silver
    1 gold 2 silver
    4 silver
    1 gold 4 silver
    2 gold 4 silver
    4 silver
    1 gold 2 silver

The two where I got 4 silver cards are the only two maps where I didn't finish before more zombies spawned.
  • pyrosapienpyrosapien Member Posts: 5
    zoson said:

Hmmmm...
    I hadn't noticed that. Now I will have to pay closer attention and perhaps I have to rethink my general strategy.
    zoson said:

I've been keeping track of every mission I've been doing. I think this will be the only way to really compare. We have to actually log what we got.

I've only been doing them as fast as possible and I took no damage at all on any of them.
    Here's the last 10:

1 gold 3 silver
    3 gold
    2 gold 4 silver
    6 silver
    1 gold 2 silver
    4 silver
    1 gold 4 silver
    2 gold 4 silver
    4 silver
    1 gold 2 silver

The two where I got 4 silver cards are the only two maps where I didn't finish before more zombies spawned.

Interesting. What mission were you on to get these results? I'll try to see if I can get similar results.
    zoson

zoson said:

Here's the last 10:

1 gold 3 silver
    3 gold
    2 gold 4 silver
    6 silver
    1 gold 2 silver
    4 silver
    1 gold 4 silver
    2 gold 4 silver
    4 silver
    1 gold 2 silver

Interesting. What mission were you on to get these results? I'll try to see if I can get similar results.
    The deadly from Episode 10: Escape Distractions
  • jureforjusticejureforjustice Member Posts: 270

So I spent the last day farming and not farming the same missions to see if there were any differences in the quality of boxes you get. I noticed absolutely no difference. The drops seem to be random.

The advantage I see from farming versus not farming is that you do earn more experience points over time, and you give yourself more time to generate gas thereby allowing you to play longer and thus gain even more experience points.

The other advantage to farming is you can get to the 20k kill achievement faster and get the 300 gold reward.

^This is my results. ZERO correlation.

I'm actually less lucky than you @zoson. If I clear it fast, I'll just end up with 2-3 silvers more often than seeing any gold. I think I see gold about... 1 out of 3 missions.
  • NieGoleBobraNieGoleBobra Member Posts: 27
    qtpie said:

last update fix that;( i was doing 9-3 after update and since ive move the bins to block the walkers they start coming on the bottom left corner inside my "safe" place
  • af424af424 Member Posts: 4
    Just tried 9-3, there is no problem for the walkers coming in the bottom left corner IF you bring the free knight they give you in previous episode (6? I forgot).

However, did they change so that farming zombies wont give you tons of exp? I killed more than 300 zombies and earned only like 2k exp...........
  • PutchucoPutchuco Member Posts: 1,289
    I farmed 9/3 for about 30min and got 17k exp (before v1.3), killed 333.
    Only stopped, because I got bored... LOL
    If you would like to join a drama-free and fun group of enthusiasts,
    contact us via email at [email protected]
    af424 said:

However, did they change so that farming zombies wont give you tons of exp? I killed more than 300 zombies and earned only like 2k exp...........

Ok so I wasn't seeing thing. I was shocked at how little experience points I received from my last farming session in The Room. I was hoping to get another chance to confirm if a change was made in the 1.3 update, but now I'll have to see if there is a The Room like mission in the new contest to see if it is true.

af424 said:

Ok so I wasn't seeing thing. I was shocked at how little experience points I received from my last farming session in The Room. I was hoping to get another chance to confirm if a change was made in the 1.3 update, but now I'll have to see if there is a The Room like mission in the new contest to see if it is true.
    Mainroad has two zombie piles so it could be farmed like The Room.
  • BarlouBarlou Member Posts: 50
    the best farm is in 7-4.. before and after update is working just fine.. i get hundred thousands of exp from that mission.. farm for 2 hours got about 80kxp
    Member of DEAD ANGELS Guild
    zoson said:

Mainroad has two zombie piles so it could be farmed like The Room.

I tried to farm the Mainroad like I usually do for The Room, but it isn't quite the same and not conducive to a marathon farming session. Oh well, I'll just have to wait for The Room to come back. Hopefully The Room will return as is without any modifications as happened with the other prison missions.
  • I'm fairly new so I farm whenever I can to earn xp to upgrade my weapons and train survivors. I've gotten better that way. Farming has taught me how to handle big hordes and how to best utilize my survivors.
  • BarlouBarlou Member Posts: 50

qtpie said:

last update fix that;( i was doing 9-3 after update and since ive move the bins to block the walkers they start coming on the bottom left corner inside my "safe" place
    i notice that then i just don't close the top box.. and the walkers is coming on a row and hunters do the job..

each turn you can kill 5-6 walkers and more xp per turn compare killing the 3 that spawned in safe zone..
    Member of DEAD ANGELS Guild
This discussion has been closed.