What is the appearance rate for Second Chances (via ads) on post mission treasure boxes?

After you complete a mission you get three choices out of 9 treasure boxes. Sometimes an option will appear giving you another 3 choices if you watch an ad.

What I want to know is what is the percentage frequency of the second chance option coming up?

Does that percentage frequency decrease as you level up?

Is there any way to control the frequency on the second chance option showing up? For example if I don't use a second chance option that appears on a weaker mission will I increase the chances that the second chance option will appear if my next mission is much harder and the rewards are much greater?

I'm asking because it seemed at lower levels I got that second chance almost every time. Now that I'm over level 20 it seems like I'm getting it less than 25% of the time. Is that actually happening or is it my imagination?

Comments

• meathead013meathead013 Member Posts: 189
    edited December 2016
    Lol. After posting this question now I'm not getting second chances at all. I've been playing all morning and I haven't gotten a single second chance option on the post-mission treasure boxes. It definitely seems like it's gone way way down since when I first started playing the game, I can only attribute that to leveling up because as far as I know there's no other reason to explain it
  • BttlOpenerBttlOpener Member Posts: 810
    @meathead013 The way it is supposed to work is you get 4 chances to open 3 more creates per 6 hours. How the time frame works if you only watch one or a few is only know by NG. After the last few updates, there have been problems with many players not having the option to open creates or watch the cinema. On my iPad, I found going to Settings - Privacy - Advertising - and resetting the Advertising Identifier allowed me to open creates or watch the cinema again.
    Wow that's some great information, especially if you own an iPad, which I don't. But still that's a lot of good information thank you. As far as I know there's not a comparable setting on an Android device, but I could be wrong I've just never seen it.
    At least that explains why I'm not getting any more second chances this morning. I've been doing challenge runs all morning so I'm sure I burned up those four chances a while ago. Seems pretty obvious after what you said because I'm getting 0 Second Chances Time After Time
  • BttlOpenerBttlOpener Member Posts: 810
    @meathead013 My advice would be to go to the store and buy an iPad then.. :p Just kidding. I thought I saw somewhere powering down your device helped some players, but I could be wrong. The only other suggestion I would make is to either submit a ticket to NG or pm a mod. Best of luck to you!
  • DodkongDodkong Member Posts: 1,031
    After the last update, there seems to be a bug with the movies as well. The Cinema movies from camp appear more often. If you watch all those, then the post mission movies stop being offered.

One morning I was burning through all the Cinema movies since they were appearing more often. Figured I'd take the bonus freebies between running missions. The Cinema movies eventually stopped appearing. Then, after having not watched any post mission movies, they stopped being offered to me.

So I'm less frivolous with the Cinema ads now and my post mission movies seem to hang around longer.

Not sure if this works in reverse. I haven't found enough gold crates to make the attempt worthwhile.
    Elder of ArmyofDarkness

"I always say, if you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your lips." -Birgitte Silverbow, The Fires of Heaven, The Wheel of Time

"Death is lighter than a feather. Duty, heavier than a mountain." - al'Lan Mandragoran, The Great Hunt, The Wheel of Time
  • Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    @meathead013 No. Definitely don't buy an iPad!
    Someone suggested for Android that your go into apps and clear the NML and Google Play Services caches. I tried it and I'm sure I'm getting more ads again.
    I do it weekly now just to be safe.
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 3,304
    In addition to the more-frequent vids appearing, I'm also liking the better quality of stuff from opening the free vid crates. I've picked up some nice equipment over the last couple of weeks.
    1Ris
  • ArkhanArkhan Member Posts: 23
    I've got maximum 2 post-mission unlock videos since a week or more. If I do not use them, they do not appear anymore. Definitely a change in the bad way (or a bug) with those
  • zeeblackzeeblack Member Posts: 1,025
    I wasn't getting any part mission videos for the last two days and now suddenly they are back.
    I am Black, Zee Black, Level SeVeNtY with hUnDrEd ThOuSaNd sTaRs, Elder, SG Woot, oNe PoInT fIvE MiLlIoN star guild
    Neil_J said:

@meathead013 No. Definitely don't buy an iPad!
    Someone suggested for Android that your go into apps and clear the NML and Google Play Services caches. I tried it and I'm sure I'm getting more ads again.
    I do it weekly now just to be safe.

Thanks! I will try that
    Didn't work :(
  • bigbeanobigbeano Member Posts: 595
    I just had the free ad appear after spending 25 gold to open some...My ads have been screwy since the update,really Never had this issue until the update.I wish NG would slow there role with all the damn constant updates!They always cause new issues in the game.
  • ShteevieShteevie Staff Posts: 1,335
    edited December 2016
    JayZ said:

Posted this in another thread but never got a response. I think these questions are worth repeating here.

In particular, I think we're all interested in:
    1. How many post-mission unlock videos are we supposed to get at once (it used to be 4)?
    2. How often does our post-mission unlock video quota refresh (it used to be every 6 hours)?
    3. What happens if we don't watch all [4?] videos in the [6?] hour refresh period? In the past, I have found that not watching all of the videos in the refresh period has seriously screwed up the video cycle.
    4. Can you answer the above questions for the cinema? Are there any substantive differences that we should know about?
    5. How do the cinema videos interact with post-mission unlock videos? In the past, I've found that watching cinema videos will remove or mess with the cycle of the post-mission unlock videos.

-Sorry if I missed this in the other thread; hope answers here will be sufficient.
    The normal, pre-update ads volume was 4 ads per 6 hours for cinema, and the same for post-mission. The two 'pools' were independent; watching 4 cinema ads would not have any effect on one's post-mission ads and v/v.

Now that it is in-house, we are deliberately playing with volumes, timers, regions, and such to optimize the experience for everyone. So while I can't tell you what the exact numbers / timers are at the moment, I can say that everyone should be getting ads at least every 6 hours. If players aren't seeing them, submitting a ticket will help, as it means that we can look at the player's account and try to find patterns that will indicate the problem. However, it must be said that we have no 'magic button' that sends a player more ads, and we cannot give out compensation for missing ads.

Hope this info helps. Let me know if things get better for you.
    Development Team Member - The Walking Dead: No Man's Land
    Please note: Development is a fluid process, and suggestions and implementation take time and iteration. Any discussion of future features, deadlines, updates, balance changes, and such should be considered prospective and subject to change.
    MadPuppyJayZ1Ris
  • ArkhanArkhan Member Posts: 23
    Thanks for the info. This morning I had the impression that it worked better since I tried Bttlopener' setting's modification on the ipad. TBC :)
    I'm getting very few post mission ad opportunities. I guess I'll have to submit a ticket
  • Marcus6253Marcus6253 Member Posts: 177
    I play the game on an iPad 2 that has limited RAM. I suspect that the game has numerous memory leaks that the longer I play the slower the game runs until I eventually crash out of the game and have to restart. When I restart the first mission I play I do not get any second chance ad video for more crate opens, but the next mission does offer them provided I haven't opened too many already. This is very consistent and repeatable; that I don't get ads the first mission after a game crash.
    I'm still getting very few second chance ad opportunities. It really negatively impacts the game because you don't get the chance to build up resources fast enough to keep up with the rest of the game

For the record I did submit my first support ticket for this and haven't heard anything after 2 days but I will continue to wait
    It's very spotty. I wasn't getting any for a few days, none at all, and then all of a sudden they reappeared, only to disappear again now. So I don't know what's going on
    Now the tower videos arent showing up at all
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 3,304
    @meathead013 If you are on an iPhone, go to your Privacy settings and reset your advertising identifier. That usually does the trick for me when I notice the ads have been gone for a while. Good luck!
    It's been like 2 days now and no treasure chest videos. It's hard to play the game when you can't plan around being able to get these bonuses when allegedly they're supposed to come around every 6 hours. I guess I should just accept that's how the game is going to be but that's not what they seem to have intended and it gets pretty frustrating
    By the way the tower videos showed up twice in a row when they shouldn't have, so I guess I should be grateful but I want the treasure chest videos so I can increase my tomatoes faster on the hard setting of The supplies or whatever they call it missions
    Just doesn't seem like there's any consistency at all
  • DoTakDoTak Member Posts: 1,964
    @Marcus6253
    I also play on an old ipad2 (before Air) and have same issues with game bogging down over time. I frequently do the cache clearing thing and find it helps refresh the game speed. If I'm raiding, I some times have to do it every 6-8 raids, when I start to notice how long it takes for the trade good crate animation to float up towards the top of the screen. If I don't clear the cache, I either end up with the dreaded in-mission lag or an outright crash to desktop raid lost.

I've even found I can have some control over missing post mission ads by doing this. Doesn't always work, but works enough times for me to keep trying it.

@meathead013
    Yeah, I understand your frustrations on this. It's been an annoyance for a long time now. Think it's been better for me after NG brought it in-house (I just found out that they did that), but just started having problems with mission videos again lately on my second account, which is an Android phone, and have yet to find a way to deal with it on that device.

Btw, don't try to make any sense of it or find patterns, you'll just end up tearing large chunks of your hair out ;)