Outpost Scoring Question

Tough_VikingTough_Viking Member Posts: 33
Pardon Me in advance if this is in the wrong section. I could not find an answer to my question in the FAQ either, and thought this was the most correct forum.

Can someone point me in the direction of Outpost Influence scoring.
I just went on a Raid with a "10 point Influence reward"; I secured the flag and defeated 2 of the 3 defenders. Did not secure the loot, obviously.
And, I was penalized/lost 19 Influence points ... ? (!)

What is this algorithm or formula? Just looking for an explanation. I've had huge 'differences' in what I would win vs. what I lose on a raid; I've started thinking it was a glitch.
Thnx-
MizTy

Comments

• MizTyMizTy Member Posts: 1,335
    Great question @Tough_Viking
    Unfortunately it's largely unanswerable bc NG doesn't like to talk about algorithms ;)

I can tell you this tho: Influence isn't exceptionally important (yet). What you want is the trade goods. You can get them without killing any of the defenders.

There is no "partial influence" given. You have to kill all 3 defenders to gain influence.

When defending your outpost, you'll lose influence if someone kills all three of your defenders, but you will not lose trade goods even if your enemy did successfully snatch your loot.
    Squall_NML
  • MovadoMovado Member Posts: 863
    @Tough_Viking In the raid you described, did all 3 of your attackers end up dying (even though you killed 2-of-3 defenders)? If so, that would account for your own influence loss. Because otherwise you shouldn't have lost any after grabbing outside flags.

10-influence seems to be the minimum/standard base amount, such as if you raid an opponent well below you in Influence standings. If you raid someone above you, generally more Influence offered. Often if raiding someone very close to you, can get slightly more than 10. But I don't think NG has explained the precise calculations for Influence numbers.
  • pOoPeRspOoPeRs Member Posts: 5
    Is there any explanation of how points work because I always lose more points when ppl attack me then I every get when I attack ppl. I on average get 10 points, even if I fight players who severely out power me, where as some one will come in with players 1-2 levels above mine and take 18 points from..... So really confused on how the scoring works. Generally have to do 3-4 raids to recover what I lost from 2 attacks. So how are u supposed to advance? Maybe grouping ppl into battles base on character levels would make more sense then how much points you have. I am regularly fighting ppl with characters 15-17 with my characters only being 13-14. Which with the massive damage and health jumps at higher levels is basically impossible to win. So I end up doing a ton of raids just to keep my standing or advance a tiny bit. Then in one day can lose a week worth of me raiding.... ...uhm that seem wrong to anyone else?
    Tough_Viking
  • Tough_VikingTough_Viking Member Posts: 33
    pOoPeRs said:

Generally have to do 3-4 raids to recover what I lost from 2 attacks. So how are u supposed to advance?

Right, I have to win 2 to 4 battles to advance after a raid/defense lost.

Like I said, if the raid I go on is worth 10 influence, why should I lose 19 ? It's just frustrating.

Gunny_Highway
  • Tough_VikingTough_Viking Member Posts: 33
    MizTy said:

I can tell you this tho: Influence isn't exceptionally important (yet). What you want is the trade goods. You can get them without killing any of the defenders.

Following your advice, I grabbed the stash before getting killed & failing the raid; I did not receive any trade goods.
  • zbotzbot NML Legendary Moderator, OW Moderator Posts: 6,673
  • pOoPeRspOoPeRs Member Posts: 5
    Influence is what gets u the rewards every 2 weeks so is very important. And I just got raided by some one with characters 2 lvls above mine for 18 influence, and another plyrs with 1 and 2 lvls above me for 17. And I mostly get 10 even when I fight higher levels I usually get 12.... So just there any reason behind the scoring? Cuz I would think that fighting lower lvls would grant u less and higher lvls more. So confused, I lost 49 points in 24 hrs, that's 3 raids against me.... How do u even maintain ur score
    Gunny_Highway