why take my 10 trade goods before I get to choose my team for an Outpost Mission?

I can't see any reason why it's required to take ten trade goods from me before I get to the choose your team portion

I can't tell you how many times I've got there only to find that the Survivor I plan to take was injured. Okay fine, then I'll just take the other Survivor of that class that I prepared for this situation. Oh wait, I put them on defending the Outpost, that means now I have to back all the way out to take them off The Outpost and in the process I lose my 10 trade goods

It's just very awkward and unnecessary. Why not take my trade goods at the same time you take my energy points or whatever they're called? That way I never have any wasted trade goods and I don't have to go check exactly who's injured and who's on outpost every time before I decide I want to run an outpost mission

Comments

• DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,541
    The 10 TG outpost "fee" covers cost of searching sm opponent not the selection of said opponent (entering the battle)

You can always go to the survivor screen if you are curious of the health status of one of your survivors. I've had that happen to me as well so I understand the frustration. 10 TG is minimal in the grand scheme of things though.

I almost wonder why there's a "fee" at all.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    GladiMovadoRedEye52kscarlett5683
  • meathead013meathead013 Member Posts: 189
    edited December 2016
    Like you said, it's not the fee really it's just annoying and unnecessary. Like I'm here to play a game, not to have to remember to go check who's on outpost before I click the Let's do an outpost run button. If you want to collect my 10 trade goods fine, just put it on the same screen you did when you go to collect my energy for that run. You could have put the ten trade good indicator right above that button no problem
    DLichkscarlett5683rustynail
  • MovadoMovado Member Posts: 863
    Yea, it's just a small fee on the search itself to account for ability (in a limited extent) to cherry-pick one's opponent. If it's structured to truly prevent players from selective/avoidance of certain opponents, then I'd agree fee should be charged upon start of raid.
    meathead013
  • GrimGaelGrimGael Member Posts: 1,410
    The rejected opponent should receive the 10 tg, then, no? To help them get over the blow to their self-esteem...
    DLichRedEye52OneLessTitan
  • capibaracapibara Member Posts: 6,687
    No. Those 10 tg belongs to Negan ;)
    "Always be yourself unless you can be a capybara. Then always be a capybara".
    --> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.
    WahooDawgGrimGaelNeil_JHase
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,541
    edited December 2016
    Although there are some on the forum who have made lists of outposts to "skip" I personally couldn't be bothered with keeping a spreadsheet next to me each time I play outposts of whom to avoid. I face any and everyone that NG puts in my path and get the TG's about 95% of the time.

The other 5 percent are those that use the map on lake where you have that one path blocked by 3 people and I don't feel like taking an injury because there are only 4 walkers on the front part (still.... only 4... not 6...)

oh forgot the point of my post... the 10 TG's in my opinion have to make me pick up another 100 TG's somewhere for the 10 raids I used on my full tank of gas.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    GrimGael
  • Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    capibara said:

Wrong!
    Half of them belong to Negan.
    Question is, are NG running a similar protection racket to Negan??
    Does Negan know?
    If he does, will he try to take NG out?
    The plot thickens........
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
    Tombworld said:

It's there because you certainly wouldn't want to have to lock in your team before seeing what kind of defenders you're going up against, and once you see the defenders you shouldn't be able to back out without some kind of cost.

I have to admit I guess that's a pretty valid point
  • bsgper4bsgper4 Member Posts: 309
    Not cool. And furthermore, why the heck isn't there a notice telling you of this before you do it? I had no idea they were stealing tg until I saw this thread. #pissed
  • Carl_s_HatCarl_s_Hat Member Posts: 202
    Neil_J said:

capibara said:

Wrong!
    Half of them belong to Negan.
    As far as Negan is concerned half of 10 TGs is still 10 TGs.

Marcus6253GrimGael
    > @SCBMA said:
    > @bsgper4
    > There is a large glowing green box with the TG logo: 10 Raid that you have to press to start the search for an opponent. So are you suggesting that after you press the button you want a "confirm" your purchase dialogue box?

But I don't lose tg just to raid. I realize the op was saying they couldn't change their team bc they had to back all the way out, but every time I go in and raid I don't lose tg even with the change of survivors. It's like it's random. Probably why I never noticed prior to this thread and I went back and raided some to see what was happening. Maybe I'm missing something.
    Yep. I'm gonna keep an eye out. See if I can figure it out over time.
    Yeah and you don't get it back if you back out either