Jittery movement. Touch spot jumping around the screen.

MadPuppyMadPuppy Member Posts: 2,831
@Shteevie

I think the best thing to do is to look at the youtubes I've put below. The only part that matters is the first half minute or so, it doesn't happen anymore later on in the movies.

The screen recorder is set to record the place of touch. You can see the touch spot jumping around like crazy, and the jumping seems to occur on a straight line laterally. Sometimes the ghost touch, as I call it, seems to register together with another ghost or my actual touch and then acts as a zoom-in or zoom-out.

I get this about 5% of the time I'm estimating, maybe less, but it's annoying as hell and more often than not, when I lift my finger, the spot that the touch went is totally not what I intended (like running into the middle of a crowd, or opening the raiding doors when not yet in position, or shooting the wrong walker(s)). When it does occur it tends to do so several missions. I think reloading the game solves it generally, but not permanently, obviously since I've had this occur to me regularly for at least weeks, maybe months.

I wouldn't be surprised if it is device related. I'm on an LG G3, more info if needed.

Comments

• PigPig Member Posts: 1,870
    It's not, by any chance, while the device is plugged in but already fully or nearly charged? I find my touchscreen on my iPhone goes goofy like this under those circumstances. I first noticed it with GoF2 but it happens to me on NML as well.
    Bad Pig
    Bad to the bone!
    The Notorious P.I.G.
    "I'm stuck in forum prison, and time keeps draggin' on"
    "I’ve never said I’m a perfect pig, nor pretended to be someone that I’m not."
  • MadPuppyMadPuppy Member Posts: 2,831
    Not sure. I'll keep that in mind when it happens again.
    So far I've had it happen with the charger attached and the battery at 30, 80 and 90 percent. So the level of charge in the battery is irrelevant. Removing the charger ends the jittery movement. Have yet to encountered this issue without the charger attached.
    Pig
    @Shteevie

I've had this many times since my last post.

Thank's to @Pig 's experience I've paid attention, and 100% of the instances it happens with my charger attached. The jittery movement ceases instantly when I disconnect the charger. The amount of charge is irrelevant. I've had this with any level or charge from virtually depleted to 100% full.
  • PigPig Member Posts: 1,870
    That's interesting. I'm pretty sure it's always been when the phone was fully or nearly fully charged for me. I've had it with other apps, so it might be a device problem. But I haven't tested ALL my apps, so I'm not 100%. I have an iPhone 5s. What have you got?
    Bad Pig
    Bad to the bone!
    The Notorious P.I.G.
    "I'm stuck in forum prison, and time keeps draggin' on"
    "I’ve never said I’m a perfect pig, nor pretended to be someone that I’m not."