What kind of game do you play beside Walking Dead: NML?

I wanna know, so maybe i'll play another game, while waiting my gas refill. A bit review would be nice! :wink:
AngieMatheson

Comments

• DodkongDodkong Member Posts: 1,033
    edited December 2016
    @Squall

I play Star Trek: Timelines.

My wife is a big Trek fan, so she makes the decisions when I advance the story line. Otherwise I grind at that game in my NML downtime.

And that game is even more of a grind than NML. Many more character slots, each character has 4 gear slots that are consumed every 10 levels to advance them to the next set of 10 levels, and each gear could have a recipe to create it that may require as few as 1 step or as many as 5 steps before the final needed item is ready.
    Elder of ArmyofDarkness

"I always say, if you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your lips." -Birgitte Silverbow, The Fires of Heaven, The Wheel of Time

"Death is lighter than a feather. Duty, heavier than a mountain." - al'Lan Mandragoran, The Great Hunt, The Wheel of Time
    Squall_NMLMLH
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,020
    Pokemon Go. Very different game, but keeps me amused on my walk to/from work. I live in a big city, so there's always a lot of Pokemon and stops.
    Elder in Legacy Eh, a top 10 global Challenge and Guild Wars guild
    PM me or visit this link to join the Eh family!
    Visit this link for my Distance and Challenge strategy videos
    Squall_NMLmasmith93
  • warwar Member Posts: 441
    JayZ said:

Pokemon Go. Very different game, but keeps me amused on my walk to/from work. I live in a big city, so there's always a lot of Pokemon and stops.

People still play Pokemon Go?

This is a serious question.
    SynapseRangerT_12
  • Squall_NMLSquall_NML Member Posts: 737
    @Dodkong
    Someday i might try that game :smiley:

@JayZ
    That's still a popular game in my country too! At the peak of its glory, people willing to find pokemon from midnite till early morning in public area. I used to play but only short of moment :blush:
  • MLHMLH Member Posts: 82
    I also play Timelines.

Holy mother I find the complaints on these boards HILARIOUS compared to what's going on over there. Required items you couldn't get because they weren't in any of the missions, resources restricted to paying players that prevent you from playing 2/3 of the game, events requiring special characters being run without enough notice to get characters out of a vault because you need the resource you have to pay for, so even if you paid for it then you can't get it back without paying again...

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it, but I've got 105 crew slots, I can't even remember C-List, let alone the random aliens I'm keeping just in case maybe someday I need a Jem'Hadar or whatever to unlock one node of a mission. I can't justify spending more money there.

It took me a few days to realize that you can get everything in this game without paying. In useful amounts. Shockingly generous, by comparison.
    SCBMAp_herian
  • masmith93masmith93 Member Posts: 3,511
    @JayZ @war I play. Lots of people do, even people who work at NG.
    Proud member of the Empty Memorial Club.
    WHMGTYSNNBC - Retirement Guild Leader
    Coming soon to Finland to hug Teeceezy.
    This space intentionally left blank.
    JayZ
    Oh well, not everything, but most of it. All kind of developer games have a business to run and entertain all of us.

I also play BIA 3, loves the graphic. But my main game still NML :smiley:
    T_12
  • fire_waterfire_water Member Posts: 257
    only game I play on iPad is NML .. used to play LinePlay ..

while waiting for gas to refill .. I just replay my PS4 games , dead island, far cry 4, primal , uncharted 4

:)
    Squall_NML
  • AmigaAmiga Member Posts: 3,770
    Only one regularly - Boom Beach
  • bladgierbladgier Member Posts: 1,681
    Ihave been playing Starcraft 2 for years now. Used to play a lot of Battlefield 4 as well but not anymore.
    I'm sure thread author had mobile games on mind... ;)
    edited January 2017
    szgerg77 said:

Mad Max on PC. I'm an "apocalypse only" kind of guy.

I love it ;) Mad Max 2 movie and latest game is freaking good as well. Apocalypse is my favourite subject too ;)))
    szgerg77
  • VerbaubVerbaub Member Posts: 650
    Angry Birds 2 - I like flinging shit and blowing stuff up
    alro8
  • InspTurbinesInspTurbines Member Posts: 706
    edited January 2017
    Sniper Assassin: Shoot to Kill, Crossy Road, and Two Dots.
    alro8
  • HaiyanHaiyan Member Posts: 156
    Dawn of Titans
    Star Wars Force Arena
    alro8
    @MLH

Right now, the only money I spend is the daily Dilithium bundle. As long as you have the patience to wait for the Dilithium to accumulate, it is the best deal, as far as I'm concerned. Granted, I have dropped a little bit of cash on the bigger Dilithium bundles when I was in need of more crew slots very quickly or risk losing the new crew I just picked up, but that's been it.

I enjoy the grind of that game. While it can be incredibly daunting when you have a boatload of crew members, being able to level up crew through small steps makes it feel like you're achieving something on a steady basis rather than being required to have huge jumps to see success.

But you're right about the frustration of needing specific crew to unlock certain nodes. I encountered one early on, I think I needed a Ferengi, and had none, but eventually I picked one up and was able to finish off that mission. It is most definitely a game that requires a lot of patience to find success.
    Elder of ArmyofDarkness

"I always say, if you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your lips." -Birgitte Silverbow, The Fires of Heaven, The Wheel of Time

"Death is lighter than a feather. Duty, heavier than a mountain." - al'Lan Mandragoran, The Great Hunt, The Wheel of Time
  • BttlOpenerBttlOpener Member Posts: 810
    I'm glad this thread popped back up. I was curious if anyone here played The Walking Dead card collecting game that pops up in my ads. As for me, the only app game I play is TWD:NML. On my tablet though, I do play some purchased games against the AI; Lords of Waterdeep, Pandemic, Small World 2 and Ticket To Ride. Now if we are talking board games when I meet up with my brothers, that is too long to list.
    @masmith93 Nice! What level are you? My enthusiasm for the game has started to die down ever since I hit level 30.
  • masmith93masmith93 Member Posts: 3,511
    @JayZ 29.5. They need to infuse some excitement into the game, Esp for those of us in cold climates. Nearly impossible to play.
    Proud member of the Empty Memorial Club.
    WHMGTYSNNBC - Retirement Guild Leader
    Coming soon to Finland to hug Teeceezy.
    This space intentionally left blank.
  • SgtSalamiSgtSalami Member Posts: 544
    edited January 2017
    Astronest...it has some flaws, but I find I am more willing to pay some cash because they give away a lot more free stuff. I played for maybe 5 months or so, and spent about $50 (and maximized my purchase by doing it during the holiday sales). I don't feel nearly as much hard sell and manipulation. Easy to get refills on AP (star gas), and I don't have the same problem of constant game crashing on my ipad2 as with nml. Lately there have been some issues of lag, but its not nearly as bad as I've experienced with nml, which I can barely play anymore. It is not a high graphics arcade game, but a thoughtful strategy game. The chat function for the whole server on your side is a nice touch and works much better than the limited guild chat in nml. When the game lags, the chat doesn't.
  • MarkMark Member Posts: 253
    CrowFall - backer and alpha tester
    and ACreed
  • MLHMLH Member Posts: 82
    @Dodkong
    Agreed about the monthly. The anniversary event finally put me in a good position for crew slots, and I got that third shuttle I'd been dreaming about.

As for levels, I find that I don't have the patience to attempt missions until I know I can crit them, and once done I warp them for items instead of replaying for xp.
    @masmith93 agreed - it's too bad they don't have weekend events like NML - that would definitely get me out and about more often
  • jmababajmababa Member Posts: 63
    edited January 2017
    Prison architect love it when riot starts in escape mode steal a knife or shotgun and if nml is out of gas and i don't want to play prison architect i play dying light enhanced edition dosen't get old
    @BttlOpener
    Walking Dead Card Games? Never seen that before in my ads :open_mouth:
    @BttlOpener

I've seen the Lords of Waterdeep app game. Have you played the board game version? If so, how similar are the two? I have the board game version, but hesitated to buy the app game because I love the board game version so much and didn't want to be disappointed by a lame app game version.

@MLH

Yeah, I got my fourth shuttle maybe two months ago, which has been great. I love the faction mission events, and with the 4th shuttle, I've been able to score two versions of the 4 star crew in the reward ladder. That has been a great investment for me.

And yeah, I don't bother with story missions unless I'm crit'ing them, get it, get the stars and move on. Then I always warp the mission when I need the items. I find that it's a waste of time to chose the crew and then make the necessary choices during the mission.
    Elder of ArmyofDarkness

• TunKitTunKit Member Posts: 9
    Have anyone ever played AMC TWD social game: chronicles on facebook?
  • BttlOpenerBttlOpener Member Posts: 810
    edited January 2017
    @Dodkong Yes, I have played the board game, many times. Our house rules are only one mandatory quest per person at a time and each players is dealt 3 lord cards and chooses one, before turning over quests or buildings. We also, now, only play with both expansions. I have had the app since October 2015 and have over 230 games played. I only play on hard and heads up with the computer . The AI can be a bit predictable at times. Otherwise, I am very pleased with the app.
  • mongo911mongo911 Member Posts: 939
    Hangman...
    I am easily confused by other people's, laziness and sloppiness and greed...

Any guess who might " now " be on my list, ( in 2017 )

Artisans