Legendary Reckonin

124»

Comments

• sborgsborg Member Posts: 576
    zoson said:

$15.

@zoson- do you remember what day you posted this? All I see is "December". Trying to establish when the bundle was offered.
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    @Sebi If someone goes to McDonalds and the staff messes up the order, so the customer gets some replacement food for free due to the mistake, do you walk in and demand some extra food for yourself? Cause it's not fair the customer with the messed up order got free stuff and you didn't? That is the logic you are using.

The 'bug fix' is one thing, but your complaint about someone else getting more than you because of NG's error is ridiculous.
    DodkongRiestaDegreaserShut_Up
  • Top8dogTop8dog Member Posts: 738
    Mabiki said:

@Sebi If someone goes to McDonalds and the staff messes up the order, so the customer gets some replacement food for free due to the mistake, do you walk in and demand some extra food for yourself? Cause it's not fair the customer with the messed up order got free stuff and you didn't? That is the logic you are using.

The 'bug fix' is one thing, but your complaint about someone else getting more than you because of NG's error is ridiculous.

Are you one of ngs "mystery staff??"

Just wondering as you seem to stick up for them?.

• Top8dogTop8dog Member Posts: 738
    SlickRick said:

Disclaimer: this is the info I typed up to help MANY friends get refunds after the interrupt/luck/dodge nerfs...I myself got several thousand dollars back...same concept applies here

Info for doing refunds through Apple and Google

Apple:
    1. Go to getsupport.apple.com
    2. Click on Apps and Software, then iOS apps, then App Store/iTunes store, then iTunes account billing...you can then schedule a phone call with them
    3. You will start with Tier 1...I believe their max is 14 days and $500
    4. You can try and go to Tier 2...their max is 30 days and $1500
    5. If you get a good rep just be super nice and explain to them that over 50% of the traits in the game were nerfed...explain in detail if needed
    6. If all goes well you should get some money refunded back and they will email you a confirmation...can take anywhere from 1-10 days to get the money refunded back
    7. NG has to pay the majority of the cost...Apple has to pay a small percentage
    8. If Apple gets enough refunds against NG then NG can actually get warned...obviously it costs Apple a small percentage of money and time for having to deal with this and they don't like it...and if NG knows they're at risk of pissing off Apple (which without them they're done) that could hurt them more than the actual money refunded

Google:
    1. Google generally doesn't do refunds sadly...except for the last couple business days
    2. Your best bet is to go to your bank or credit card company
    3. Any decent bank will have a process to deal with fraudulent charges
    4. Dealing with a bank or credit card company is harder and takes longer fyi
    5. Most should have you complete and sign an affidavit and then they will investigate

P.S. I'll be back in my hole waiting for the next fiasco...I can be reached via Pony Express if necessary

Think I'll leave this here for anyone interested
  • SebiSebi Posts: 146
    @Makibi
    Your logic is faulty bigtime. I can tell you that you actually bought the offered weapon at that time. And you got screwed.Than you complaint. And received a GIFT! !!That GIFT is ANOTHER WEAPON!!The one I payed for!!!How about that!!! You bought a weapon.NG because you bought it and it's your property could not take it away so....GIFTED you another weapon .MY WEAPON FOR FREE JUST FOR YOU!!!And you got to keep the other one too!!! HOW NICE! !!But what about me?My money are as good as yours.WHY AM I DISCRIMINATED ? WHAT DID YOU DO TO GET 2 WEAPONS FOR SAME AMOUNT OF MONEY AND I DIDN'T DO??? Answer is you just complain.Now I'm in tactical disavantage because of this.How is this fair???
    JulialiciousTop8dogRiestaDegreaser
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    It's fair that people who got a faulty weapon would get a replacememt with correct traits. Since the weapon you bought was not faulty, there is no mistake to repair. Simple as that.

Fixing a mistake is not discrimination. You got the weapon you paid for. To be mad because someone else got more when the mistake was fixed, is, imo ridiculous. You are free to disagree.

Also, btw, I did not buy the weapon, so I got nothing, and there's no reason to yell at me.
    DodkongRiestaSebiShut_Up
    Mabiki said:

If my order was equally messed up at the same time and my remedy was less than the other's person's remedy, would that be fair?
    Riesta
    Having said that, it could well be that I bought the weapon after the traits had been fixed. Don't really know at this point since the dates on the December posts aren't visible any longer.
  • TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,577
    edited January 2017
    @zoson As I'm sure you're aware, the CC chat hasn't been officially used for contact between CC's and ourselves at NG since late September-ish. I do have it, along with 6 other Slack channels in my desktop app and do take a peek if I've been tagged, such as I believe I was when you brought the trait issue to our attention. (Thanks again for that!)

That being said I don't unfortunately pay much attention to your discussions, especially on Christmas Eve as I'm sure you understand. :) It definitely seems like this bug would've been nailed down if I'd had gotten wind of it and asked for more details. My bad.
    Riestaggbats
  • zosonzoson Member Posts: 2,216
    Teeceezy said:

@zoson As I'm sure you're aware, the CC chat hasn't been officially used for contact between CC's and ourselves at NG since late September-ish. I do have it, along with 6 other Slack channels in my desktop app and do take a peek if I've been tagged, such as I believe I was when you brought the trait issue to our attention. (Thanks again for that!)

That being said I don't unfortunately pay much attention to your discussions, especially on Christmas Eve as I'm sure you understand. :) It definitely seems like this bug would've been nailed down if I'd had gotten wind of it and asked for more details. My bad.

I'm sympathetic to wanting to consolidate communications, but slack -> forums is a regression. There's too much noise here on the forums these days. I come back to 30+ notifications of people mostly complaining about things I consider not an issue, so I just don't want to involve myself.

I'm not going to jump on the he said she said bandwagon, but will just say that I feel like you guys need a rule where the mods flag any post showing high walker levels for review by NG. Take this post from Dec 7 as an example:
    http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/comment/161180/#Comment_161180

@Shteevie DEFINITELY saw the post, but it didn't raise concern with him when it should have. Level 31 and 32 walkers visible? Something. is. broken.
  • docfinzenburgdocfinzenburg Member Posts: 543
    @zoson

tbh this is one of the few maps where i can farm XP till the cap with my "normal" weapons, mostly using two hunters and an assault
    i also get to the point in the picture with lvl 31 or 32 walker, so imo there's nothing broken about that special picture
  • zosonzoson Member Posts: 2,216

@zoson

tbh this is one of the few maps where i can farm XP till the cap with my "normal" weapons, mostly using two hunters and an assault
    i also get to the point in the picture with lvl 31 or 32 walker, so imo there's nothing broken about that special picture

The map isn't the point, the point is that it's unordinary to reach level 31 and 32 walkers, and that NG should review why/how they got there. It could be nothing, or it could tip them off to broken functionality.

The goal, ultimately, is for them to catch problems before they walk into a giant blunder. There were a lot of warning signs both here on the forums and in chats that the staff has access to. They apparently don't have any sort of guidelines for monitoring these channels for issues, and this would be an easy catch-all.

There's no arguing against reviewing of community generated material to find bugs. Literally none. Unless you like the game being buggy and getting changed right under your feet.
    SCBMAJulialiciousjavajnkie