Rick Leader's Trait Close Call Question.

I have some question about this Leader trait. (Your Survivors' attacks deal ..% more damage if the target is next to an ally)
How can I use it?

When I use Tara or Daryl as a leader, the word "Healing charge" or "No Theart" will pop up when I kill walker, It mean it work now.
But for Rick as a leader, nothing will pop up even though my target is next to my ally.
MattOfEarth

Comments

• GkingsGkings Member Posts: 25
    I summon you from the grave, arise !

I've ran some tests and it seems that the damage is not improved nor the "close call" text pops up.
    Can anyone confirm that this leader trait is working as intended ?
    MattOfEarth
  • JackBauerJackBauer Member Posts: 1,546
    There are a lot of rumors about his trait.
    I haven’t seen any prof yet that his trait his really working. A lot of people doubt it.
    -----------------
    Remember to use your charge abilities
  • TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,010
    @kaz this one is good for you to pick.

How EXACTLY does Rick's trait work?

Does we need two survivors adjacent to the walker or just one survivor next to the walker will trigger the bonus?
    Mavericks Guild Family
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,526
    Logic would be on maps with close quarter enemies his trait would be beneficial but only to those that it hits directly next to an ally.

So those maps with small rooms the first layer of enemies would get the bonus bit the second layer wouldn’t unless you move an ally directly next to them.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
  • CronusCronus Member Posts: 930
    JayZ said:

Rick’s trait is one of the most disappointing, given his role in the show. If any hero needs a trait rework, it’s Rick. How about this for an alternative trait?

Trait name: Leadership

Trait properties: The leader traits of any other heroes in the party are active at X% of their original effectiveness.

Kills three birds with one stone. First, Rick gets an actually useful trait that is more in line with his role on the show. Second, this solves the ever persistent complaint about Heroes having a wasted trait when they’re not the leader. And third, it encourages players to experiment with different Heroes instead of bringing Sasha and Abe every time.

How cool would a Rick/Rosita/Aaron team-up be on maps where you have to kill a tough walker? Or Rick/Rufus/Sasha on some higher level challenge maps? The possibilities are endless. Since the game is moving towards being hero-oriented anyways, we might as well proactively work towards that with a logical rework of Rick’s trait.

Just to add my comment onto this because I agree with this 100%. The X% should be 100% of their original effectiveness. This would make Heroes infinitely more valuable/usable and I'd definitely focus on leveling and upgrading them. You might even get me to spend money on Jerry and Eugene (sorry, not really but I would on other heroes). I can imagine a number of Hero combinations I'd love to try together.

PROS: Enhances game play, increases user enjoyment, improves incoming revenue stream
    CONS:

The obvious ones don't need extensive PRO & CON lists.
    zeekdogKaz_Lily_paintbeast
  • MattOfEarthMattOfEarth Member Posts: 616
    @JayZ I love it. I’ve been dreaming about a trait like that since “heroes” became a part of this game.
    “Simply put, there’s a vast ocean of sh!t you people don’t know sh!t about. Rick knows every fine grain of said sh!t.”

Elder of JiltedProphet - 2 MILLION Stars and counting! Always recruiting, get in touch!
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,020
    Cronus said:

Just to add my comment onto this because I agree with this 100%. The X% should be 100% of their original effectiveness. This would make Heroes infinitely more valuable/usable and I'd definitely focus on leveling and upgrading them. You might even get me to spend money on Jerry and Eugene (sorry, not really but I would on other heroes). I can imagine a number of Hero combinations I'd love to try together.

PROS: Enhances game play, increases user enjoyment, improves incoming revenue stream
    CONS:

The obvious ones don't need extensive PRO & CON lists.

I could see why 100% might be a bit excessive and overpowered (there is a lot less value to leveling up Rick's leader trait if it's guaranteed 100%), but something like this could be a reasonable progression (based on how other leader traits progress):
    Level 3: 50%
    Level 4: 62%
    Level 5: 72%
    Level 6: 80%
    Level 7: 86%
    Level 8: 90%
    Level 9: 92%
    Level 10: 93%
    Elder in Legacy Eh, a top 10 global Challenge and Guild Wars guild
    PM me or visit this link to join the Eh family!
    Visit this link for my Distance and Challenge strategy videos
    1RisTroublemaker