Fix to the Reckonin' and Weekend Event News

Comments

• sborgsborg Member Posts: 544
    Teeceezy said:

Here you have one of several Proofs , where you and all the other Administrators, or moderators or whatever, saw and talked about the weapon in beginning of December !!

Please stop telling people , that you find out about this called "bug" , right after dropping the Rufus-bundle ......

I had a look at the post you put a screenshot of. The post itself doesn't mention the Reckonin' and the fact that there are no body shots in the video must have slipped through the cracks. In hindsight, we should've watched the video more closely.

EDIT: http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/comment/166703/#Comment_166703 Here's the post in question for those interested.
    I'm confused. At 1:30 in the video there is a bodyshot shown.
    Julialicious
  • JulialiciousJulialicious Member Posts: 193
    sborg said:

Teeceezy said:

Here you have one of several Proofs , where you and all the other Administrators, or moderators or whatever, saw and talked about the weapon in beginning of December !!

Please stop telling people , that you find out about this called "bug" , right after dropping the Rufus-bundle ......

I had a look at the post you put a screenshot of. The post itself doesn't mention the Reckonin' and the fact that there are no body shots in the video must have slipped through the cracks. In hindsight, we should've watched the video more closely.

EDIT: http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/comment/166703/#Comment_166703 Here's the post in question for those interested.
    it was a bodyshot by the shooter, not by the assault with the reckonin. ;)
    Julia - "the puppet master - the secret leader of the council!!!" =D

Retired Leader of Sisters Family

Top8dogantArtisansRiesta
  • BarcodeJBarcodeJ Member Posts: 401
    Despite all the supposed protection provided to a company by an implied consent EULA via playing your game, it isnt hard to find class-action suits against developers that went through despite them. Those legal fees though....seems finding a way to work with the app stores to coordinate refunds might be worth your while if you are going to continue "fixing" your mistakes with non-inventive nerfs.
    Top8dog
  • Top8dogTop8dog Member Posts: 738
    It's simple,.. The game has been on a steady decline ever since some Muppet at NG made shteevie in charge,.. And it will continue to do so until shteevie resigns or gets sacked,.. There new policy seems to be greed,nerf,greed,nerf,greed,nerf some more,.. They talk about balance,.. The only balancing being done is ngs bank accounts,.. They don't give a flying shit about veteran gamers and are all about fleecing the new players that flock in by there thousands everyday,..

This post will be removed,.. I will be banned,.. But I don't fecking care anymore,.. Shteevie you are a cancer,.. A cancer that's ripping the heart and soul out this once great game,.. Yes son,.. You should be ashamed of yourself,. Your money grabbing antics and your nerf the fuck attitude,.. CANCER,.. That's your legacy,...shteevie,.. Relish in it,..

Drops mic,... Raises middle finger,... Ban away bitches,..
    I love the game,.. I criticise a lot,.. I appreciate the good,.. And battle the bad

DON'T TALK,.. THINK

Lose Ends Make My Ass Itch

Maggie,.. I'll Find You,.....
  • vshield50vshield50 Member Posts: 1,804
    > @BarcodeJ said:
    > Despite all the supposed protection provided to a company by an implied consent EULA via playing your game, it isnt hard to find class-action suits against developers that went through despite them. Those legal fees though....seems finding a way to work with the app stores to coordinate refunds might be worth your while if you are going to continue "fixing" your mistakes with non-inventive nerfs.

> @BarcodeJ said:
    > Despite all the supposed protection provided to a company by an implied consent EULA via playing your game, it isnt hard to find class-action suits against developers that went through despite them. Those legal fees though....seems finding a way to work with the app stores to coordinate refunds might be worth your while if you are going to continue "fixing" your mistakes with non-inventive nerfs.

The principal is worth more to me than the money. I see how it is affecting everyone and I can't just walk away from it. I love the game and respect the developers, but I think there was a better solution to this issue (in my opinion).

That being said, we should all be compelled to stand up for our rights. It helps in my case that I have a family attorney but like others said, I have an android phone and google will likely decline my request. Likewise, I hope this situation is not handled the same way in the future.

I know NG staff feel that they need to stand behind their convictions which is why I am doing the same. Have a great 2017 everyone!
    ArtisansRiesta
  • wazzujoelwazzujoel Member Posts: 40
    edited January 2017
    Slightly related question - since you are fixing reckonin so it does body shots, does that also mean when you have grenader zombies that they too will also now sometimes do body shots when you accidentally shoot them? Whenever I shoot them they always do critical damage if I'm in range. Shouldn't they also do body shots when they explode like reckonin?
    avelardezArtisansRiesta
    Helio said:

I find this thread very entertaining... how people are upset that a bug was fixed yet try to argue because they spent money, the bug should remain...

One man's bug is another man's desirable trait.

sborg said:

Teeceezy said:

it was a bodyshot by the shooter, not by the assault with the reckonin. ;)
    My bad. Thank you for the correction.

• PowerUKPowerUK Member Posts: 85
    kryptonix said:

Poppy said:

Every man and his dog knew about the reckoning when it entered the game months ago so i find it very difficult to believe that it only came to NG attention this morning.

To be fair, did any one note this too NG specifically? I mean I saw the video @Julialicious posted, and was aware that this weapon was unbalanced and notified NG about it. But it wasn't until during the holidays I specifically understood the value, and the reason why this was happening. And then it wasn't until last night that I made them aware (boo, hiss).

Do we really want a weapon that is so much more powerful in the game? Especially one that was only available at certain points and the legendary only available for those that pay? That doesn't seem to be fair or fun.

As for refunds, I believe some assistance is required for google play people but the App Store seems to be assisting if players feel they have been duped.

Again I do not believe NG had any reason for ill intentions and it was simply the fact that the weapon was being sold that it brought it more into light and they reacted properly by making the unpopular decision of balancing the game.

Agreed, nobody wants super, all powerful,game changing weapons. Consumers only want the item they paid for.
    In this particular case, how long was the weapon in game before the "fault" was noticed and brought to the developers attention? Certainly more than a few days.
    Seems to me that product testing needs done before items are offered for sale. Not by the players in the live game. Only a few minutes of play would surely have highlighted this weapons potential.It did for the players.

Power

SCBMABig_B
  • HelioHelio Member Posts: 522
    vshield50 said:

Well, NG has stated their position. It is obvious to me that it is set in stone. I appreciate Shteevee's direct honesty on their position. Therefore I am presenting my official position.

I cannot accept that I purchased an item (which is a law binding contract) and then the item I purchased was altered without my agreement. I take this as a breach of contract (which applies to all sales) and I take it seriously.

Since this cannot be handled at the lowest level, I am unfortunately put in the position to reach out to the Better Business Bureau and make a formal complaint. Being that it affects many people, I trust they will handle the situation accordingly. If not, I will continue pursuing my legal options until I feel that the situation is resolved in a way that makes me whole.

As a matter of record, I officially decline the offer of 1 minute gas times in lieu of my origial purchase and contract. Please remove the gas option from my account.

This has been a disturbing matter of events and it is with a heavy heart that I need to protect my morals and money in this way. I have spent 100s of dollars on this game (feel free to confirm NG). Anyone who wishes to know the progress of my complaint can PM me. I will also post my letter to the BBB if so requested.

Thank you for developing a great game NG. I just wish you made better judgements when managing this situation.

Respectfully,

Vshield50

I'm pretty sure altering a game is in the contract... and bug fixing/ game balancing is also in the contract... they advertised a weapon with 3 traits and they sold you that weapon with 3 traits.. end of story.

I doubt you will get far with your legal options, but please keep us informed.

• ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 2,135
    @Shteevie someone also suggested making the overwatch logic for the Reckonin behave like a melee weapon. I think this is an excellent compromise.
    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]
  • JulialiciousJulialicious Member Posts: 193
    edited January 2017
    kryptonix said:

To be fair, did any one note this too NG specifically? I mean I saw the video @Julialicious posted, and was aware that this weapon was unbalanced and notified NG about it. But it wasn't until during the holidays I specifically understood the value, and the reason why this was happening. And then it wasn't until last night that I made them aware (boo, hiss).

:D So, YOU are the one who causes all my anger! booooo, tzz tzz tzz ;)

kryptonix said:

Do we really want a weapon that is so much more powerful in the game? Especially one that was only available at certain points and the legendary only available for those that pay? That doesn't seem to be fair or fun.

Yes, it isn't fair that just the paying players was able to get the legendary reckonin. And the other thing, yeah, i really loved that the rare reckonin was so powerful with no bodyshots and it was much fun to me to play with it!
    And the very best - everyone (free and pay players) had the chance to get the rare reckonin. The power with no bodyshots of the rare reckonin was also the only reason why i bought the legendary reckonin.
    Now, both weapons are more bad than any other rare or legendary assault weapons and almost useless, except the charge attack maybe.

kryptonix said:

As for refunds, I believe some assistance is required for google play people but the App Store seems to be assisting if players feel they have been duped.

Yes, some assistance by NG for all Android users who bought this weapon or NG should just give us something that is worth to the 14,99 € to compensate our anger

kryptonix said:

Again I do not believe NG had any reason for ill intentions and it was simply the fact that the weapon was being sold that it brought it more into light and they reacted properly by making the unpopular decision of balancing the game.

Maybe, but many players still feel tricked, especially cause it was not the first time that NG done something like that.

Julia - "the puppet master - the secret leader of the council!!!" =D

Retired Leader of Sisters Family

• VOODOOVOODOO Member Posts: 54
    So, "suck it up, buttercup" appears to be the company line. It appears this dispute will have to be resolved via iTunes.

Am I correct in my conclusion?
    wazzujoelSCBMARiestaggbats
  • kryptonixkryptonix Member Posts: 253
    > @Amazayn said:
    > it's interesting that 99% of the players and guilds are okay with the reckoning and that 1% of the players and a *GUILD* doesn't like it. i had my suspicions and NG shoulda said it sooner so the 99% of players and guilds won't even buy this nerfed reckoning water bottle.

I should not respond to such comments...but the group this was mentioned in contains members of a select few guilds, not just one, and the person who originally brought up the point of the issue with the reckonin was your guild leader.

I do think the game is better played on a even playing field.
  • NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,068
    How the mighty have fallen....
  • mongo911mongo911 Member Posts: 939
    Sure are a lot of, frustrated and angry gamers...

A leopard does not change its spots...
    I am easily confused by other people's, laziness and sloppiness and greed...

Any guess who might " now " be on my list, ( in 2017 )

VOODOORiestaArtisansSgtSalami
  • WeekOneWeekOne Member Posts: 1,195
    @Julialicious
    Have you tried searching for "contact Google Play Support"? I just did and got a toll-free number to call for Canada. They are open 24/7

I know you are frustrated... just trying to help. Good luck!
    JulialiciousCYBERDOLPHIN8
  • zbotzbot Legendary Moderator Posts: 6,428
    @avelardez , please read the rules of the forum especially rule 7. No posting of personal information of any kind. No doxxing. No witch hunts.

This is a warning, please don't post personal information.

avelardezSebiRiestawenpatratonArtisans
  • wazzujoelwazzujoel Member Posts: 40
    That's kind of you @WeekOne. The problem though isn't that google play doesn't have a support line contact numbers, but that they absolutely refuse to issue any refunds for in game purchases under any condition. their response is "take it up with the game creator". And NG is saying "take it up with google". Basically no one on android will take accountability for ripping off customers.
    JulialiciousRiestaArtisans