Why do you think NG won't introduce the food for TG trade?

Comments

• DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,546
    It's a moral issue, they don't want end-gamers to have many more TG than others
    1 million supplies for a legendary crate (7500 TG's) is a very good deal. I don't need to go into the mathematics of it but it's definetely working to the players favor AND it's something useful.

I'd pay 2 million if I could see what type of equipment it's for

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    DodkongBBRiAngieMatheson
    Shteevie said:

Part of the issue is that players in general are stockpiling more and more TG. This means that we're not able to give them enough stuff to spend their TG on, or at least things that they want

DLich said:

I'm lvl 58 and I don't think I "horde" TG's.

I don't buy the Legendary crates (7.5K or 12.5K). But I do buy everything else everytime it's offerred.

Some players like myself primarily play outposts. I had 200K TG's at one point because I couldn't spend them as fast as I was earning them. Then NG offerred the 15K radio offers and that diminished my supply quickly. My 50K earned a day on gas was being spend just on radios & then I still needed another 8K for the stuff I normally buy (24K for the day) so bamn that got diminished quickly.

Exactly... I don't mind having extra TG's because I'll eventually spend them. But I get this sense of agitation when I don't have enough TG's to buy everything offerred lol

Dale
  • TombworldTombworld Member Posts: 100
    I understand about the 'going to waste' thing, and I know I'm going to get seriously flamed for saying this. But supplies have always been intended to get players TO the endgame, not to pad their endgame play.

'But they're mine, I should be able to use them!' Okay, fine. Your childhood toys played an important part of your development as a person, and they're still yours too...do you demand to still have more than an occasional use for them once you've grown up? That would be like saying 'I need to take that ski-lift chair with me now that I've reached the top of the mountain.'

Maybe the answer is to just add a toggle to turn off supplies generation in the farm plots (all at once or each plot individually), and give something else as the camp workers now have more time available...shortened equipment upgrade/survivor training times or something. Seriously...why is Herschel still farming when the storage is full? I'd also suggest that the game simply not give any supplies rewards for mission completion (unless you're dumb enough to intentionally choose supply scavenge missions) or wall walkers when supplies are maxed.
    MabikiSgtSalamiJazzz
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 5,324
    It has something to do with what Daryl taught us. But we all forgot what it was
    Yes! I would pay 1M for legend crates!

#Zombrex (Neo / Horizon / (OG) / Genesis / Prime / Elite) 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX FAMILY. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

Send me a PM
  • MamamiaMamamia Member Posts: 19
    Also if you run options for supplies in the trade goods store one day a week or during one stocking session every few days, it would allow us to take a little off the top without too much risk of hoarding.
    Jazzz
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 4,431
    It's a business issue, NG fears TG-rich players won't buy bundles
    I would definitely pay 1 million in supplies for anything offered even if it was something useless like a Survivor outfit.
    DLichantSamstownbiter370
  • MamamiaMamamia Member Posts: 19
    For a longer term idea you could let us start clearing and fortifying the buildings surrounding our camps. Get rocks from the quarry outposts to build walls. I'm sick of living in tents! The reason we earn so much xp is because it's the only way to stay warm in the winter. And the latrines stink to high heaven in the summer. I want a real bathroom!!! Lol
    Verbaub
  • Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    edited January 2017
    I would certainly spend TG if we can have the exchange. I've only got one survivor into the pink stars so I'd certainly be buying tokens. No danger of TG hoarding on my part!

“You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
    TheLostOnesVerbaubInspTurbines
  • CRUSHCRUSH Member Posts: 583
    I'm sitting on top of Tomato-Hill asking myself, if Heinz-Ketchup survived the apocalypse.
    TheLostOnesVerbaubArtisansInspTurbines
  • JuanloJuanlo Member Posts: 89
    edited January 2017
    Shteevie said:

Part of the issue is that players in general are stockpiling more and more TG. This means that we're not able to give them enough stuff to spend their TG on, or at least things that they want. So giving you more TG without stuff to do with it is just trading one problem for another.

@Shteevie, I don't agree, stockpiling TGs is far from being a problem. We like to stockpile TGs because we will need tons of them to get new weapons when our survivors reach level 21. Legendary crates are expensive and we need to open several of them just to get an item with at least two desired traits. There are lots of players who only play challenges and don't care about outpost raiding, so we get less TGs than the rest, and the Tomato - TG exchange was a godsend for us, because TGs are the only reliable way to get on-level items using Legendary crates. Golden crates are usually a joke (I mean, to get equipment) because:

1) You need to be lucky to get a blue/yellow item
    2) You need to be luckier to get an on-level item. Why the hell a GOLDEN crate can give items 2 or 3 levels lower than our players is something that I can't understand. I can accept on-level Green items with good traits, but level 17-18 weapons are completely useless.
    3) You need to be even luckier to get at least two of the useful traits

That's about equipment. Regarding survivors, once we upgrade our team to Epic or Legendary status, the amount of tokens we need to keep upgrading them is ridiculous, and honestly, trading 600 TGs for just 8 tokens or, even worse, 800 for 4 hero tokens, is far from being a good deal. We prefer to play the RNG game of legendary crates and use our phones to get tokens.

TL;DR: We like to stockpile TGs, we need TONS of them to get new weapons when council upgrades happen.
    InspTurbines
  • AmazaynAmazayn Member Posts: 522
    i had to vote for the last one, i just had to! :lol:
    TheLostOnesVerbaubJaden
  • bunbun Member Posts: 161
    @Shteevie an exchange rate has been established already between trade goods and supplies, for the occasional exchange events, using this rate for all tg purchases would i am sure be welcomed.
    Further expanding this to establish exchange rates between these resources and real money would be a way a reducing stock piles, it is already in evidence elsewhere in the gaming world to keep high end players happy, where gold can now be exchanged for playing time.
    It would also be a good way of leveling the playing field for free to play gamers.
    ant
  • SlowMoSlowMo Member Posts: 203
    I back up my vote with this pic. Every 12500 TG equals usd 7.
    Here is where people can see the exchange rate. Supplies are the only resource that scales costing more gold the less you need and the info can be found here.

Also there is a term called The Anchoring Effect that is the main reason people think offers like 50 tokens for 4K TG's and 4 hero tokens for 800 TG's are unfair.

1 million supplies for a leg crate is very good based on the "Anchor" rate of 100K supplies for 400 TG's (since 1 million supplies would equal 4K TG's and leg crates cost 7,500 TG's it's less than the "anchor".

• VerbaubVerbaub Member Posts: 650
    kryptonix said:

I agree that anything is good. I would say top items required for me is an exchange for Gas / Phones or XP.

Or spin the wheel of prizes!

I love the idea of a "wheel of prizes" - that would be a great addition.
    ant
  • avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 1,323
    edited January 2017
    Simple answer. Money. Takes 42 days to max out farms. That's 17,921,000 million in supplies acquired for free. If they allowed the sale daily and weekly to players there is no need to play out post or spend on radio bundles or any bundle when I can buy it for free in the shop using TGs. You can buy 10,000 TGs at 2.5 million price tag 7.18 times. Thats 70,000 TG a month and an avg of 17,500 a week. Just sit back and let them farms grow. They lose money.
    Oh, and now that I said something. Watch the farms or shop get nerfed!
    Artisans
  • ZardoxZardox Member Posts: 126
    At this point I would take any temp fix until NG can figure out a fair currency exchange. I lose motivation seeing the cans go down the drain.
    Neil_J
  • Bill_ZRTBill_ZRT Member Posts: 1,421
    Shteevie said:

@Mamamia
    I think that there might be an easy win in there somewhere, so I'll see if we can find time for it to ease the problem for max-level players.

If you're going to do this for supplies, which is a great idea particularly if it's low handing fruit programatically, then you might want to consider doing to same for XP as well, although I suppose that's a much less common problem.
    Everyone’s got two wolves inside them. One is anger, envy, pride. The other…truth, kindness. Every day they tear each other apart.
    But it’s not the better wolf that wins. It’s the one you feed.

Contact [email protected] or send @Bill_ZRT a message to join DTP today!

• JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,716
    @Bill_ZRT XP can at least kind of be saved by upgrading weapons/armors to be scrapped later. The trade-in value is obviously lower than what you spend, but it's something to do if you're maxed on XP and have nothing meaningful to upgrade. It can pay dividends later on when you do get something worth upgrading and need XP ASAP.
    Proud member of Mavericks OG, a top 3 global GW and challenge guild.
    Message me on the forums or on Line (ID: jayztwdnml) if you're interested in joining the Mavericks family of guilds.

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGSePrANMyf_S_YKJyfJodg
    Strategy compendium: https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/41787/jayzs-nml-strategy-compendium
  • JazzzJazzz Member Posts: 25
    @Tombworld
    "I understand about the 'going to waste' thing, and I know I'm going to get seriously flamed for saying this. But supplies have always been intended to get players TO the endgame, not to pad their endgame play.
    'But they're mine, I should be able to use them!' Okay, fine. Your childhood toys played an important part of your development as a person, and they're still yours too...do you demand to still have more than an occasional use for them once you've grown up? That would be like saying 'I need to take that ski-lift chair with me now that I've reached the top of the mountain.'
    -----------------------------------------
    When you put in a hell a lot of time, maxed out all your supplies and the endgame (council update) isn't coming anytime soon, it's an insult to players to let our hard earned supplies just go to waste, it's a giant finger from NG games.

Why do you care what players do with their supplies? So what if food supply trade for TG allows players to hoard TG?

I'm sensing a tinge of jealousy here.. non-maxed Players who are opposed or neutral about supplies trade, don't truly understand how frustrating it is to open up a crate with food knowing full well how useless it is.

Many players who are maxed out, including me, have played this game since it's release without paying $,, hare losing more than 430k food a day from plots alone, it'd probably be around 600k daily loss if you include food from crates.

PS - Your analogy makes no sense nor does it appy to this situation.
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    I'm sensitive to the frustration of maxed players, but calling your supplies "hard earned" is a bit of a stretch. They generate passively over time. All you have to do is log on and click plots every 10 hours or so.

Assuming @avelardez ' numbers are correct, that's the equivalent of 17000 plus tG's per week if the trade is permanent. I can certainly see why NG would have concerns that letting a subset of players passively generate that many tg's would disrupt the game economy.
    Maverick1969Shut_Up
    edited January 2017
    With Glenn's trait one can generate 1 million within the 28-67 game range. Takes me about 30 minutes to generate 1 million in supplies. I have been able to get 2.5 million in about 1 hour and 15 minutes. It's much faster than xp. During the last weekend event they offered TG for sale at 2.5 mill at 10k, I racked up three sets of 2.5. They provided us an avenue to do this, but they control when to allow it. They gave us a taste and now they hold it off for special events. Over Christmas they only gave a very small portion of TGs for sale. It would have been nice to use all them trade goods to get legendary crate gear. Been maxed for two weeks now.

The same goes for the tokens. Every 7 hours I can buy them with my farms. Every 7 hours it restocks. Any 3 times a day. They offer 4 hero token for 800 and 2 sets of 8 tokens for 600. That 12/48 tokens a day. Over a year that's a mixture of 4380 hero tokens and 17,520 tokens. Avg that to all 12 Heros as 6 fighter; that's 365 hero tokens each and 2920 tokens in each class. Now that's not counting radios from guild. I bag 12k TG a week alone and 25 radios a week from guild rewards. That's 1,300 radios a year and at 15 radio calls I can make 86.66 15 radio calls and assuming I get the 32 token minimum that's an additional 2,752 tokens which are mixed up. Not counting the epics I pull.

They provide a way by selling bundles with full supplies. I was able to manage the bundles up to $19.99 which I last bought in July. And became a maxed player. I started March 22nd 2016. Farms max every 42 days since September. Its like managing a check book. Easy to flourish. I don't see it as any type of imbalance if you gave me the option and tools to do. Eventually all players will be in my position even those that have not paid a dime. For them it will take a few years. And yes, years to get to player level 58.

Xp tent makes 4,000 an hour. That 96,000 xp a day. To reach 3.25 million it takes 33.85 days. It's all free now. No need to buy anything. Paid the dues early on in bundles.
    TG also can be acquired through outpost. Avg about 500 a game. And a 25 gal tank every 4 hours is about 12-14 games. That's 6k in TG every four hours. That's can be 36k a day. That's buying all the legendary crates for the day. It's all free too.
  • TombworldTombworld Member Posts: 100
    @Jazzz, I've been a player since day one. I've had plenty of opportunities to max out my camp, but I chose not to because I hate rushing through games to get to EXACTLY the point about which you're complaining. Jealous is something I'm definitely not. I'm sorry you got callouses on your fingers from all your 'hard work' tapping your farm plots, but did they prevent you from reading the rest of the post where I suggested alternatives to generating excess supplies in the first place?

As for why I care what other people do with their supplies, it's about inflation. Any substantial permanent increase in TGs for a few will absolutely force NG to raise the TG prices on everything, making things less affordable to those who aren't able to dedicate all their supplies to buying TGs. You'd make the lower level players pay more for the same items, and with the adjusted prices your extra TGs wouldn't really put you in a better purchasing position in the first place...only better in comparison to the lower level players you'd be harming. There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.
  • TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,469
    It's because NG are superstitious and think they will jinx something if they introduce it
    I wouldn't mind being maxed out on tomatoes if they stopped dropping once you get maxed, this resulting in increased drops of gear, radio, XP, gold etc, as the tomato % would be spread over other drops. I think this is reward enough for maxing out.
    kryptonixDLichWeekOne
  • ZardoxZardox Member Posts: 126
    Not spending another dime until they fix this, when you reach the top level you should be rewarded not punished
    Maverick1969
  • capibaracapibara Member Posts: 6,703
    It's easy, our supplies are not welcome because are so old that NG does not risk a food poisoning!! ;)
    "Always be yourself unless you can be a capybara. Then always be a capybara".
    --> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.
    Jaden
  • enigma12enigma12 Member Posts: 248
    Having full cans is INFURIATING especially when they have the special full 'gold' and 'silver' crate offers and we get CANS that end up In the ether!