Remove Defensive Stance

2»

Comments

• KaLiKaLi Member Posts: 426
    No
    Defensive stance is one of the best traits in the game if you want to take it beyond the next level of gameplay after lvl 26 + walkers. More like they should just remove useless dodge traits.

For.example this week challenge maps and defensive stance will take you beyond your limits
    CaptainslayerJulialicious1RisSurvivor420SCBMADLichDBones
  • JulialiciousJulialicious Member Posts: 193
    edited January 2017
    No
    KaLi said:

Defensive stance is one of the best traits in the game if you want to take it beyond the next level of gameplay after lvl 26 + walkers. More like they should just remove useless dodge traits.

For.example this week challenge maps and defensive stance will take you beyond your limits

I think the same. A few weeks ago i had said "please remove this useless trait" ... but right now, after all the nerfs of the other good traits and the weapons and so on and the whole bodyshot system, it seems that defensive stance can be very helpful sometimes.
    Julia - "the puppet master - the secret leader of the council!!!" =D

Retired Leader of Sisters Family

1Ris
  • OneLessTitanOneLessTitan Member Posts: 1,273
    edited January 2017
    Yes
    @KaLi & @Julialicious -- Please explain how. I've opened my eyes to a few different traits, but I still don't understand how Defensive Stance is really helpful. The one situation I can imagine it being useful is on a map like Fish in a Barrel or the other Challenge Map this week with the Armored:

So, this was my initial theory...
    1. Use Overwatch on the first attack. Of course Interrupt will fail, and you won't kill any of the Armored walkers, but you'll take less damage on that initial attack.
    2. But then you're immediately swarmed, and Overwatch is useless and you can't really use the Trait again.

Instead, I'd opt for this strategy with melee.
    1. Just attack right away with melee. Not only do you get 2x the damage on the initial attack (vs Overwatch), but you also get at least another ~50% damage when you retaliate, something that doesn't happen in Overwatch. So, that's 3x the damage on that first attack, vs taking ~50% less damage on the first attack.
    2. You're still immediately swarmed, and in the same place as above.

So, it comes down to 3x damage for attacking, or ~50% less damage from using Overwatch. I could see taking less damage on one turn, but is it worth it? It doesn't seem like it to me. I'm sure there are other situations where it could be useful that I didn't explain here, like maybe maps where you can isolate the walkers more. Please tell us how you two use Defensive Stance to beat those RSL 25+ missions, since really, that's about the only times Traits are useful and really needed. I'm open minded since I'd love to find a use for my 5 out of 7 Legendary Hunters with Defensive Stance. Thanks in advance!!
    Survivor420
  • JulialiciousJulialicious Member Posts: 193
    No
    :) Hello @OneLessTitan

sorry for the late reply. I hoped so much that @KaLi will answer you :D cause my english isn't as good enough to explain exactly what i mean and i also think he is the better player and better in english. ;)

I can just say, that defensive stance isn't the "Super duper mega trait" for me, but depending on the situation it can be helpful.
    I use it in the combination with iron skin on survivor and armor and i can only say that sometimes it saved my ass for 1-2 stars more than a few other players had on some missions. that's all.

Sorry that i can't really help you, but maybe KaLi will explain better to you.

best regards o:)

Julia - "the puppet master - the secret leader of the council!!!" =D

Retired Leader of Sisters Family

• KaLiKaLi Member Posts: 426
    No
    @OneLessTitan If I showed you how effective it is, then im sure we will see it get nerfed LoL

I made a lot of vids showing it to my guild mates and it has been able to let me survive and push past 440+ stars this week.

All I can say is that It's situational and being defensive can sometimes be more effective than offensive because with the right gears and setup; you can potentially survive 2-3 high level walkers hit giving you that chance to build a charge or push your way through your objectives
    Julialicious
  • OneLessTitanOneLessTitan Member Posts: 1,273
    Yes
    You guys are really worried about NG nerfing something that can maybe get you a couple extra stars? ugh....
    1RisSurvivor420SCBMA
  • MonsutaMonsuta Member Posts: 1,168
    Yes
    Defensive Stance combine with Vigilant (Also with Iron Skin/Strong/Marksman .etc) can be very useful in those maps that you can kite zombies using the good old time interrupt.