Misleading store item - Rick Bundle

I bought the Rick bundle this morning thinking you were giving Rick an assault rifle to replace his handgun (kind of like how the knife fighters have a staff), since it was called "Ricks Bundle", only to find out that it was for the assault characters only, not Rick. This wasn't specified at the time of purchase. I think this is messed up. Why call it Rick's bundle if it's not for Rick. I have enough assault rifles, I don't want this one, and I think this was misleading.
mongo911crambert_necJayZPapacasWeekOne

Comments

• GrimmPersonaGrimmPersona Member Posts: 4
    Yeah it does spell it out REALLY well on the item description for the offer.

If you ever wonder about packs please ask in forums first and I'm sure one of us will be able to answer before you spend your money :(

It is a really good assault rifle though, almost turns your assault into a hunter!
  • SmittySpivey3SmittySpivey3 Member Posts: 324
    @Sturmgewehr762 You must be somewhat new to the game. Good news is that weapon has a higher hit power than any other assault weapon of the same rank because of that gold skull. You have unlocked assault class right?
  • Shut_UpShut_Up Member Posts: 2,295
    He actually has a good point the original poster that is. NG is standing by the fact that the Rufus bundle never stated no body shots so it's working as advertised and they will not issue refunds. Apply the same logic to this bundle means it is advertised as Rick's assault rifle but Rick is a shooter so how is that supposed to work as advertised. NG needs to become consistent if they are going to go with the "working as advertised " motto. They can't use that motto only when it's convenient for them.

Apply for a refund before it's too late.
    SCBMAbsgper4blynknzCaptainslayer
  • TroubleManTroubleMan Member Posts: 423
    edited January 2017
    Everything 'works' as advertised. The problem is, that NG is the only entity that both produces, watches and decides what constitutes an advertisement.

Spend your $$ at your own hazard. NG has now surpassed any game company in my opinion that consistently sells bundles for $$. Then subsequently gimps the weapon/trait w/out any recourse.

In the real world it's called bait and switch. In NG's world it's simply profit harvesting, and 'balancing'.
    Shut_Up said:

He actually has a good point the original poster that is. NG is standing by the fact that the Rufus bundle never stated no body shots so it's working as advertised and they will not issue refunds.

They did the EXACT same thing with the Post Pistol Purchase Nerf (PPPN) as seen here: http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/13329/update-on-post-purchase-pistol-nerfing-pppn-official-response-from-ng-refund-or-xp-available

Same song, different tune folks. We made a ton o' money off you. Ooooops...the traits we talked about, and you bought....yeah about that. We're just going to back track on that....have fun!
    R2runfast
  • avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 1,111
    edited January 2017
    Sorry this happened to you. But we have to pay very close attention to the fine print with this company. They are into marketing the characters with bundles for profit. That is an awesome rifle and is very powerful with the right traits. I would have loved to have purchased it. However, I have officially closed my wallet to this company. Many others should do the same. They are a corrupted company with no morals or ethics. This is said because they continue to display devious behavior I have seen displayed over the last year. I have played since March 2016 and started investing into the game in April. My investments were turned upside down like a stock market when they crashed the game with weapon trait changes after purchase in updates back in September with something called combat balancing. That is how it all started from my game time playing. Good luck to you.
    jimmorrison369
  • Sturmgewehr762Sturmgewehr762 Member Posts: 8

@Sturmgewehr762 You must be somewhat new to the game. Good news is that weapon has a higher hit power than any other assault weapon of the same rank because of that gold skull. You have unlocked assault class right?

I'm level 51 and all my characters are level 20. If I buy a car, and on the label it says, "Chevy Corvette", and I get it home and it's a Ford Mustane, there is something wrong with that, isn't there? Should I have to read the fine print to make sure it's amChevy Corvette, or should that at least be a given. It says, "Rick's Assault Rifle". Which part of 'Rick' and 'Assault Rifle' are hard for this company to understand?

bsgper4
    @Sturmgewehr762 , based on this bundle, I'm waiting for the "Morgan Mini-Gun Bundle", the "Jesus Grenade Bundle", and the most popular "Negan Sharp Letter Opener Bundle".
    Governator
  • HelioHelio Member Posts: 522
    I agree, the bundle is very misleading. The weapon is called "Rick's Assault"... where is the big warning that says "cannot be used by Rick"...

• mongo911mongo911 Member Posts: 939
    Sigh...

Of course it's misleading...

If NextGames truly had respect for their customers they would be different...

NextGames... Sigh...
    I am easily confused by other people's, laziness and sloppiness and greed...

Any guess who might " now " be on my list, ( in 2017 )

Papacas said:

I know i will not earn any friends with this post and i mean no disrespect to anyone, but... aren't we players exagerating a bit on these complaints, maybe? I mean, the weapon clearly says "assault rifle". It says assault rifle, it looks like an assault rifle, so it's got to be an assault rifle. And while tv Rick can use any weapon, game Rick is a Shooter, so he cannot use assault rifles....

I do agree the name choice is not brilliant, but far from any other situations lije the Reckoning or so. No?

I was thinking of the special weapon spear that Glenn can use. It's not a knife, and he can kill out to 2 spaces. I thought this was something similar.
    Papacas said:

I know i will not earn any friends with this post and i mean no disrespect to anyone, but... aren't we players exagerating a bit on these complaints, maybe? I mean, the weapon clearly says "assault rifle". It says assault rifle, it looks like an assault rifle, so it's got to be an assault rifle. And while tv Rick can use any weapon, game Rick is a Shooter, so he cannot use assault rifles....

I do agree the name choice is not brilliant, but far from any other situations lije the Reckoning or so. No?

Also, on the show Rick has almost always had an Kalashnikov and on some occasions an AR. I thought this was a special weapon for him to keep with the TV character.

@Sturmgewehr762 , based on this bundle, I'm waiting for the "Morgan Mini-Gun Bundle", the "Jesus Grenade Bundle", and the most popular "Negan Sharp Letter Opener Bundle".

Except on TV Rick has almost always carried an AK, so this assault rifle bundle would have fit that.
  • PapacasPapacas Member Posts: 416
    @Sturmgewehr762 well like i said before, i do not think the bundle naming choice was perfect at all. I am with you on that. Thing is the bundle states it is an assault weapon, and requires an assault xx level to use. Also, there are assault class tokens in it...

As for the Glenn thing you mentioned, i believe it's a different situation. It is labeled as a scout weapon, but yes, it has an2 cell range. And any scout can use, not only Glenn.

That said, while i do see your ooint of view, i velieve the criteria for what weapon a character can use innthe game is the weapon and character class, not the hero name or what weapons that character uses on the show.
    WeekOne
  • SCBMASCBMA Member Posts: 2,285
    edited January 2017
    @Papacas
    I don't think people are complaining but rather making a point about NG advertising. They chose to dig in their heels over the Reckonin' nerf by stating that it was "working as intended and advertised".

If you apply that same logic to Rick's bundle it doesn't work because Rick can't actually use any of those items. So maybe it is working as they "intended" but not as "advertised".

The NML player base is very forgiving (in my opinion) when NG makes mistakes. But people are upset and not looking so favorably at NG right now. So typically where we would just laugh this off, it's not so funny at the moment. Given time, most of us will get over it like we always do. Some take longer than others.

For the record, I have purchased that bundle twice. It's a really nice assault rifle.
    Shut_UpMarcus6253JayZ
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,362
    lol, I can't believe this is even a conversation
    DodkongatrainofficialRedEye52
    @JayZ
    I am thrilled that you are finding humor at others expense.
  • WeekOneWeekOne Member Posts: 1,195
    edited January 2017
    I love that Rick assault weapon by the way. Pair that with Rosita or Abraham on missions and you have a beast.... Just sayin'

I buy a lot and have to click on it before purchasing so I don't see anything misleading there. User/Buyers should look at what they are buying before they click on purchase.

Agree with @Papacas that they could rename the bundle but I really don't see where the big deal is here. Just double check before buying is my recommendation.

Rick uses an assault weapon in the show so nothing wrong with having any weapon named after him imo.

@Teeceezy : How about renaming it to Rick Assault Bundle? Not sure if there would be enough room for it but just a thought.
    atrainofficial
    @SCBMA I'm thrilled too. There are some things that NG does that are not cool (see: Reckonin' thread). However, character bundles have existed long before Heroes were even a thing, and as @crambert_nec posted earlier, it LITERALLY says "Assault level XX needed" on the weapon. The amount of outrage in this thread is so totally unwarranted.
    atrainofficialcrambert_nec
    @JayZ
    If my post sounded like I am outraged I will apologize, as that was not my intent.
    JayZ
    @SCMBA it wasn't you. I actually agreed with your earlier post where you said something along the lines of "usually this isn't a big deal, but people are mad about the Reckonin' which is making this particular situation worse." I'm simply finding humor in the snowball effect and fallout from the Reckonin', while enjoying my 4 day weekend with 1 minute gas.
    SCBMAatrainofficial
  • bsgper4bsgper4 Member Posts: 309
    @JayZ I don't believe this thread is in any way a snowball effect from the previous nonsense presented by NG. Or at all humourous that they didnt know. The fact of the matter is the bundle is not clear and concise (something we know NG is not consistent with). And all you end of game players need to remember not eveyone is so and knows all the secret ins and outs of how NG does things. It says Rick's assualt. One then should assume it's for Rick who is of another class. Not all would know they have to further inspect the item (by clicking it and reading the fine print) just to see its not available for the shooter class or at the very least solely for Rick's use.
  • Marcus6253Marcus6253 Member Posts: 188
    @bsgper4 Has it ever occurred to you that the group who makes up the bundle may not have ever played the game and even know what the difference is between a shooter and an assault class or that Rick is a shooter hero and can't use an assault rifle. Or, that the person making up the bundle graphic doesn't speak English and just recorded what someone requested. Why is everyone so quick to assume that NG wants to defraud their customer base? I just don't get why everyone assumes the worse when poor execution is a much easier and likely explanation of what happened.
    atrainofficial
  • bsgper4bsgper4 Member Posts: 309
    @Marcus6253 please reread my post, bc clearly you missed the point. Thanks.
  • avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 1,111
    edited January 2017
    Well NG is a foreign business company in Finland using a #1 American TV show with approval from AMC to market the game under the Walking Dead label. This makes me wonder if AMC has any stakes in the matter. Could it be that there is another piece to this puzzle we know nothing about? Is NG just the scapegoat; the front man? The Usual Suspects! Keyser Soze!

Why is everyone so quick to assume that NG wants to defraud their customer base? I just don't get why everyone assumes the worse when poor execution is a much easier and likely explanation of what happened.

This is now a trend. A mistake happens once, then fixed. The selling/nerfing post purchase is a favorite habit of NG. Only now they have decided than rather man up and refund their pilfered money...they are going to blame it on a 'bug'.

That's the reason. This is not a 1-off. This is the NG business model, pure and simple.

• RocketmanRocketman Member Posts: 227
    The first time Rick's assault rifle was available in game was in June 2016 before the hero's came to the game, before you could even play as Rick. And it resembled the assault riffle Rick carried on the show. Maybe the name should be changed now, but after all it's still Rick's rifle from the show, and it's more powerful as @weakone pointed out so it's special, what else would you call it? It's special because it's Rick's from the show. It's Rick's rifle.
  • PapacasPapacas Member Posts: 416
    @SCBMA well i guess we agree to disagree, at least up to a certain point. Yes the naming can be misleading. Yes it is working as intended. But not as advertised? The way i see it, there is an assault weapon that has the Rick name on it, but did NG say it was for Rick to use? Or Rick only intended?

I do agree that all this could have been avoided. The weapon could do exactely what it does now without Rick on the name. Still i see no reason for all this "rebellion", but again that's just me.

Regarding some posts kinda making fun about this thread, well people are free to come here and state their views, so ofc i respect that opinion. As i amsure they should respect my right to post on this thread as well. If some think the thread is silly, well there are so many other posts in the forums...:-)

Finally, is this thread in any ways related to the Reckonin dilema? Yes, to a large extent i believe so. This bundle was available before and nobody complained. I think its kinda like a snowball effect...
    SCBMAcrambert_nec
    JayZ said:

lol, I can't believe this is even a conversation

Then why are you here reading it?