Tips and strategies "to get over the 400 star mark" or 400+ * in Weekly

SabrinaSabrina Member Posts: 141
edited January 2017 in Strategy Discussion
Hi @enigma12 ,

The Weekly has large variety of missions and possibilities and so there could be a separate miniguide for getting 400 or 420 *. There is no single strategy to get 400+ * but it come from many single maneuvers and approaches. Here are some suggestions u can apply creatively :)

As @javajnkie and @Riesta said, definitely decent lv20 chars w lv20 effective gears is the best strategy :D. This tip list is intended to those who have not yet superb lv20 chars w lv20 amazing gears :)

@enigma12 Try these and ping me if this would be in any help :)

Quests first
U can get 6 even 12* just making Quests first, like "use all-melee team". Many of us do not have 3 superhero in every class so collect quests beforehand and start whole Weekly with making Quests.

U can skip non-* relevant quests as soon they appear during the week, like "do Episode missions for 30 gold". However, if u like to maximize * quests u need to play Weekly slowly due to slow pace of new quests. Quests are important addon when u trying 400 and specially in 420 *.

First rounds -2 to ur own level w Maggie
Depending ur Maggie level, use Maggie in the first rounds as the leader (except in Quests, naturally). This way u can get the most xp from the early missions.

Hit and Hospital
When u try to reach 400* the last * will be naturally the hardest ones. In most Weeklys it is possible to squeeze 3 ot 10 * after u have already thought that it might be impossible.

Many missions have at least two opening stage with the zombies and saviors. When u recognize the good version suitable to ur playing style, try that one, and when u see the bad opening, just put one survivor to hospital and wait 2h and try again - or skip waiting with gold.

Zombie type -specific missions
The game offers wide variety for personal playing style but getting 400* or more u need sometimes to prepare for special types of opponents. Here are some enemy combos for less or more fixed classes in upper levels Weekly missions.

There are many other winning combos for different zombie assortments, I put here some just as examples.

Robocops (w 1-2 fatters): u need at least 1 assault, maybe 2 companied w hunter. 3 assault w very good gear might work also but possible fatters need heavy hitting.

Fatters (w robocops and / or basic zombies): I play w 1 assault, 1 hunter and 1 shooter. Every char have their own function: Assault gathers APs for stun, hunter tries to cross shooting to multiple targets and shooter concentrates to fatters.

Fire zombies: For burners I prefer to have as much distance power as possible so I use assault and 2 hunters.

Saviours (in various classes): Durability of Saviours was changed some months ago and nowadays they are quite hard. These are special missions u need to learn the behaviour patterns of Saviors in every mmissions. Specially with Saviors mission the randomizing of the opening map and Savior positions helps. Some Savior missions are just frustrating and u cant proceed very high without randomizing the map or trying to get only 1*.

Saviours depends much on ur playing style. U can use for example bruiser for multi-round stun but it is not effective in upper levels. U can have 1 assault for getting stun. U can combine ur hit power in single Saviour in one round and so on.

Every grid counts
In many small area mission it is crucial to forward even one grid w every possible char. Learn to optimize ur chars where to open chests, the game does not suggest the best position.

Fiddle w Lineup
In some missions the order of chars brings benefit. If u need hero, that takes the first place. That gives still two slow to consider. If u dont use hero, u can try more variations. As default, I use assault-shooter-hunter when I use this combo. Depending the mission, optimized order can give u in first round for example chest / dumpster opened , tactical position, cover or attack or long-haul attack (like with fire zombies).

Try Heroes
Some Heroes are useful already in their 3* stage. I use 3* Rosita w 2 shooter for lv24-25 fatters in BBQ and Double Trouble. 4* Abel is considerable assault to lead, even in Outpost grinding. Naturally 3-4* heroes need better gear than 'normal' legendary char so u maybe need to change gear depending on mission.
- Sabrina, lv60 LVT (Life-TIme Profit), Elder of Suomikilta I-V -
WalkerballzsligoemPutchucojavajnkieantjmababaSquall_NMLgoldenboyInvaderNataNxymas_killerggbats

Comments

• jmababajmababa Member Posts: 63
    edited January 2017
    Bring someone like this http://imgur.com/2uj5YUV can tank for you and damager at same time negan 2.0 no need to get near enemies + 2 hunter who can clear map with wide arc skill weapon if can get last skill this week gonna aim for 300 stars for lvl 11 survivors just ask anyone from team spite they dont know how igot 197 stars for lvl 10 survivors without using quest for extra stars stopped doing challenge at lvl16 enemies
  • Squall_NMLSquall_NML Member Posts: 737
    @jmababa
    With all due respect, i really like your spirit. But to get 300 stars your survivor have to at least at lvl 15-16 with full upgraded good weapon equip. My survivor's lvl 14-15, and max stars i got only 290. I'm not a fan of challenge mission, so maybe the veterans player could correct me if i'm wrong :wink:
    Sabrina
  • jmababajmababa Member Posts: 63
    edited January 2017
    e> @Squall said:
    > @jmababa
    > With all due respect, i really like your spirit. But to get 300 stars your survivor have to at least at lvl 15-16 with full upgraded good weapon equip. My survivor's lvl 14-15, and max stars i got only 290. I'm not a fan of challenge mission, so maybe the veterans player could correct me if i'm wrong :wink:

Not if always dodge and if hit you less damage its how you use your tank that has large damage too protect your map clearers prefrebly 2 hunters with strong def shooter as team just gt final skill as luck damage of zombies to shooter what damage
  • PigPig Member Posts: 1,870
    Yeah, but has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
    Bad Pig
    Bad to the bone!
    The Notorious P.I.G.
    "I'm stuck in forum prison, and time keeps draggin' on"
    "I’ve never said I’m a perfect pig, nor pretended to be someone that I’m not."
    Walkerballzcrambert_nec
    Ingsthay etgay erfednay anywayay. Erethey areay olemays everywhereay.
    Bad Pig
    Bad to the bone!
    The Notorious P.I.G.
    SCBMA
    I know what you all call it, but my kind just call it Latin.
    Bad Pig
    Bad to the bone!
    The Notorious P.I.G.
    WalkerballzMystiqueArtisans
  • avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 1,070
    edited January 2017
    The best way is to get 3 stars on every mission and each level reach 66 stars getting perfect. That will put you at 396 stars. Then use bonus stars of at least two and your at 402. Get 69 on all levels and your at 414 not counting bonus stars.

Also if you have the money you can grind out one star using a struggle, but it cost you 75 gold bars per try and 1-30+tries. And every 30 minutes repeat. About 2 stars an hour per stage that is repeatable. Over the 5 day period can max out on day one with 24 hours gas and grinding out more stars but paying the price. So four days can net you 48 stars a mission over 4 days extra that's 192 stars a day and add that extra to your 396 and bonuses puts you around 588+/- Of course you got no sleep for 5 days and spent a fortune on gold accomplish, but now your number one that challenge and we got 52 more weeks in a year to go! Lol. This last section was just for fun but it can be done.

Also having great equipment and fighters with traits to match your gear for the mission purpose helps out a lot.

Attached is my slaughterhouse challenge final star score. It's not the greatest but avg.
    WalkerballzKARAZIPKALI