level of current survivors vs. new survivor: affect on RSL?

I've just made a radio call and am offered an epic survivor with good traits, but she's two levels above my current top level survivors and I won't be able to upgrade my training grounds for quite some time. If I accept her, does it mean I'll have RSLs greater than the ones I'm facing now? Because I'm getting pretty often defeated on hard scavenge missions as it is. Rejecting her means 128 class tokens. Thanks for any help!
Winner of the 'Post Your Worst Jackpot' contest Jan18

Comments

• jmababajmababa Member Posts: 63
    edited January 2017
    Yup your normal mission will tell you the lvl of new survivor is recommended
    valereee
  • MystiqueMystique Content Creator ❤️ Posts: 1,320
    Yes having even only 1 survivor at a higher level will change your RSL on missions! Also hard scavenge missions aren't worth it in my opinion the risk/reward is not balanced and I haven't noticed any better crate rewards as opposed to doing the normal ones!
    *Co-Leader - TheHerdReturned*
    NCDawgFanvalereeeWalkerballz
  • valereeevalereee Member Posts: 179
    Thanks! Mystique, I usually do scavenge missions for supplies and XP, and I've had occasional good luck there. With equipment scavenge it seems like normal missions I get equipment that's too low-level (sometimes infuriatingly so, like the legendary level 1 rifle I got recently -- WTF?) and with hard missions I get 1- and 2-star equipment that is a level or two above my top survivors. Either way, mostly useless to me. My inventory is clogged with low-level epic and legendary equipment that I can't bear to get rid of because I have so little epic/legendary stuff and common/uncommon slightly-too-high level equipment that I'm afraid to get rid of in case nothing better comes along before I train a survivor to that level.
  • blynknzblynknz Member Posts: 1,988
    Thats very interesting because that never used to happen.
    And even at max level an epic comes at level 12, which means your survivors must be level 10.

When you normally do a call, what levels are the rares? they must be coming at level 14?
    @blynknz, my current survivors are level 16, and the epic I was offered was a level 18. My training grounds is at level 16, too, so it'll be yonks before I can upgrade any survivors to level 18. And that's if I don't have to upgrade council between upgrading training grounds from 17 to 18. Rares...hm, not sure what I've been getting...I haven't accepted a rare in quite a while. I'll pay attention next time I make a call.
  • blynknzblynknz Member Posts: 1,988
    You can't get a level 18 epic normal survivor. It's impossible.
    Was it a hero that you got as their levels come out higher (not sure if its based on Player level or training grounds level).
  • GladiGladi Member Posts: 616
    @blynknz For sure not that case. Heroes comes as highest lvl of survivor(16 in this case).
    @valereee Hard to guess, but getting any surv from call lvl18...I believe with max radio tent, it shows lvl7-17 or so, isn´t it? I believe it is possible to get surv with lvl above your survs only from story missions, but I doubt that there was any epic among them.
    edited January 2017
    @blynknz @Gladi Maybe I was confused...I'm playing two games, and top survivors are at two different levels. :) I should have taken a screenshot. I was thinking more about the question (of whether accepting a survivor so far above the current survivors would change the RSL levels I'd be facing) than about which game I was asking about.