Suggested survivor levels

I'm getting a little frustrated. Everything I try to do scavenge runs, my walkers levels are now 2 to 3 levels above me.
It suggests I raise my survivor Leveld, but when I struggle to raise my levels than the walkers raise again. Am I doing something wrong or is this how the game plays out? I'm currently have mostly level 11 heroes and one 12. Walkers are starting at 14, if they touch me I'm near death. Is there a strategy to keep the walker levels more reasonable ?
Thanks

Comments

• blynknzblynknz Member Posts: 1,988
    If you are struggling then run the normal scavenger missions and not the hard. The hard starts at 2 levels (3 if you have a pink survivor) above you, but normal will start at your survivor level.
    Mystique
  • carlos1981carlos1981 Member Posts: 346
    So, what you've done is trained 1 survivor to the next level. No way to go back I'm afraid.

Once you upgrade 1, the RSL of missions will increase.

General rule, is hold upgrading until you can train the lot of them. So you have max XP before you start, and are gaining enough XP during training to get the next one going.

If you have workshop upto the right level, you can upgrade a weapon. Maybe just 1 per class at that level. But it'd need to be base level12, so your lvl12 survivor is using a lvl15 weapon. This will help vs the lvl14 walkers and above.
    Kick_ass
  • yoyosyoyos Member Posts: 73
    edited January 2017
    Like this weekend, 5s training time for survivors <3
    Gonna need some XP though :D
    Ranked Guild Amazons, check out for free rooms :)