Best defense figured out

I'm pretty sure I figured out the best defense strategy so far and wanna let you guys know B)

Forget about the walker pit. more walkers = more charged abilities for the attacker.

I use Rosita as leader (one for all trait that gives the other members more damage on single targets). It actually doesn't matter which development she has because her trait and good armor are always there. In addition legendary Daryl and epic Negan.
The defenders are all positioned visible and behind the barricade on the standard map with attack mode on.

Nearly all attacks are repelled. there are some exceptions, e.g. if the attackers are 2 levels above my defenders but still.
Some attacks won't get me more tier points because the attacker might occasionally get the supplies. but most of them don't make it that far ;)

(oh and I do use the same combo on missions and raids with the same success ^^)

Here are some screens
1.png 486.2K
2.png 313.4K
3.png 629.7K
4.png 646.9K
5.png 637.7K
jmababaSCBMAbigbeano

Comments

• GebobsGebobs Member Posts: 428
    edited January 2017
    Yeah, getting more walkers/fatties/cops seemed like a good idea. When a defender doesn't have enough to charge my attackers, it makes it pretty rough going. Then again, I generally just grab supplies and run anyway. And as far as my own defense goes, there's no way back, right?

Interesting about Rosita. I haven't used her much but I'll try. That would free up my Daryl for missions.
    jmababa
  • numennumen Member Posts: 32
    I wish I could undo the walker pit, but I was young and excited to build things back when I started!
  • stephcurrystephcurry Member Posts: 52
    Small sample size imo. Might be appropriate for non end gamers. show me top 100 players def won then I say best defense.
    zoson
  • jmababajmababa Member Posts: 63
    edited January 2017
    Rosita is not good to bring as lead anyware Even missions outpost even challange . Even Tara is better. Even Daryl is better. Even negan is better
  • bigmacbigmac Member Posts: 131
    Smart keeping your players below level 20 all your matches are Level acceptable. Once you get to level 20 if you choose. Is a hold of shitstorm of people coming at you
  • GladiGladi Member Posts: 616
    @bigmac Not really. I use completely different map setup but same defenders. Difference is, I keep Negan as leader(but might to give Rosita a try). My defenders are spread out so they cannot be stunned all at once with gold spread assault weapon(seems to me @Andrew0 is not aware of that) and my defenders use best gear. I have TG crate just behind gate so ppl going for TGs can grab(without scout) and go. Those who seek influence have hospital time guarantee and Im winning 4/5 defences against lvl20s survs. Still, Im not struggling for high influence, so higher tiers can have different results, but using a)clever setup b)good equip c)heroes with retaliate is(at least for me) way how to keep/rise influence without need to raid. And if I feel myself way too above 3k inf. I replace my defenders with 3 low lvls and it is just matter of minutes before Im raided with all 3 options fulfilled. And matching system is based on influence and player lvl, so it doesnt matter what defender lvls you place in outpost.
  • Andrew0Andrew0 Member Posts: 4

Small sample size imo. Might be appropriate for non end gamers. show me top 100 players def won then I say best defense.

True, that's why there are more screen at the end ;)
    jmababa said:

Rosita is not good to bring as lead anyware Even missions outpost even challange . Even Tara is better. Even Daryl is better. Even negan is better

My post has just proved you wrong. In my opinion heroes like Tara or Abraham are totally useless ^^
    bigmac said:

Smart keeping your players below level 20 all your matches are Level acceptable. Once you get to level 20 if you choose. Is a hold of shitstorm of people coming at you

That has nothing to do with me being smart or stupid. Right now my characters are all lvl 17 or 16 and I simply haven't progressed further. Really looking forward to that day when I will become lvl 20 :) (but as far as I'm not spending money on the game it may still take a while)
    szgerg77 said:

1) I think I raided you, and took your influence. Or someone with a very similar setup, same defenders. (I'm lvl 17)
    2) Your setup is far from ideal on a lot of counts, but pardon me if I don't point them out in public.
    3) That map you use is a good one though - in case you're not polite enough to let the attackers take the goods that are not even yours. This way you force them to fight you and (sooner or later) kill your men. I used to use that map myself in the beginning, and I experienced the same win rate below 4000ish influence. Above that, the more experienced players will rarely "loose", they'll be clever enough to draw, but those who try will hammer your defences 8/10 times, at least 2 times a day.
    Being a frequent raider myself I switched to a more empathic, more crate-grabber friendly map a long time ago, while still maintianing a solid defence and still beating some of the attackers that are stupid enough not to take free TGs.

I can't find you in the recent log but you might be right. Though, in my position (considering the lvl and equipment) this setup is really good. Maybe it could be even better but who cares as long as I can defend the base? Besides that: why should I let the attackers take the loot without a fight? I mean it's a game, it's entertainment and you start a raid because you want the thrill, don't you? Otherwise you could just collect the trade goods from your outpost and cycle rewards.
    1.png 502.2K
    2.png 511.9K
    3.png 505.3K
    SCBMAKillrogg
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 2,007
    Andrew0 said:

Besides that: why should I let the attackers take the loot without a fight? I mean it's a game, it's entertainment and you start a raid because you want the thrill, don't you? Otherwise you could just collect the trade goods from your outpost and cycle rewards.

I'm in it for the TG. And it just so happens to be that outpost is by far the most lucrative way to earn them.
    5000+ TG for every full gas-tank plus 30 minutes of play. There is no alternative to that income.
    So no, I'm not in it for the thrill. But I still play it.

That said, I don't feel any grudge against those people that make me draw/kill their survivors.
    It's all in the game.