Outpost raids close everytime I "Tap to Continue"

rustynailrustynail Member Posts: 145
I use an iphone 4s with plenty of free space. Since the last update every time, or almost, 95% of time when i raid an outpost the game stops and closes as soon as i hit the continue button. I reload it but the time has ticked down and lost valuable minutes. One time the click showed i had three minutes left, i had all 3 attackers alive, within reaching distance of the loot and suddenly it said i lost without a shot being fired. I've struggled through trying to get to a higher tier but in so doing it takes multiple and too much time reloading and continuing to play. This shutting down error occurs no matter what what connection i'm on and no matter what time if day i am trying to play. Please make it more stable. Its becoming too frustrating to play. Thanks in advance of a hopefully quick fix!
Smooth but strong and on the rocks.

Comments

• Fester17Fester17 Member Posts: 666
    I've had it do the same thing me a dozen times a week. I use an Ipad4 with all kinds of available memory. This is the only program, app, or game that gives me any issues. I am sick and tired of doing all the work of clearing out the walkers only to lose the TGs because the game freezes up. This had better be fixed, and fixed soon. I find it hard to believe that they haven't been able to fix this months after it began, but they can nerf a weapon overnight.
    Elder and recruiter for FearTheDead

• zbotzbot Legendary Moderator Posts: 6,401
    @rustynail @brentp17

If you get a chance, please read this.

Part bolded for emphasis. While this is a mobile game, it's very very resource intensive. I've been in your shoes, I've played on ipad mini, ipad Air, iphone 4, iphone 5, iphone 7 plus, 2 android tablets and the best performance is with the device with more RAM. While it can be played on your devices, it's not optimal.

My game crashes! (Apple)
    If you want to survive the apocalypse you're going to need a well-performing device. If your game crashes a lot, or won't load properly, check out the steps below that help to improve your experience:
    Always make sure that you're running the latest iOS version on your Apple device. Enter "Settings" > "General" > "Software" and check if there is an update available.
    Check if the device has enough free storage space available. Lack of space can result in crashes, slowness, connectivity issues and other unexpected issues in any app. Go to "Settings" > "About" and compare "Capacity" and "Available". Free up space by removing unused apps, pictures and videos.
    Free up device memory by closing apps that run in the background. Double-click the round "Home" button to see all apps currently running, then swipe them upwards to close them.
    Turn your device off and on again, then launch the game. The device's memory should be free and app performance improved.
    The Walking Dead: No Man's Land works best on the latest iOS9 and iOS10 devices (iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPod 6 Touch, iPad Air 2, iPad Pro, iPad Mini 3, and iPad Mini 4). Other devices may experience less than optimal performance.
    Keep in mind that we do not support the use of a jail-broken device and there is no guarantee the game will run without issues, or that the issue can be resolved any other way than by resetting your device entirely.
    Still experiencing difficulties? Send us a message including your in-game username, level, and guild with a detailed explanation of what is happening and we'll check what we can do to help.
  • Fester17Fester17 Member Posts: 666
    edited January 2017
    Read it before. Thanks, but this issue is happening across the spectrum of devices. People in my guild have experienced this issue on multiple kinds of devices, including some not in that list.
    Elder and recruiter for FearTheDead

• rustynailrustynail Member Posts: 145
    edited February 2017
    One thing I have found is that if i let the seconds tick by, the outpost raid opens automatically without crashing. When I tap the tap to continue bar the game crashes. Seems like a bug to me.
    Pretty sure there would still be an issue with it whether I'm using my Non-Jailbroken authentic iphone 4s or not. My coworker plays on a brand spankin' new android device and we have the same issue with the outpost raid start crashing.
    P.S. If we all need new devices in order to play could you please state that on the app store info? No point pretending its a game for all to download and play.
    Although I still have a faint and fuzzy dream that one day I will open a golden crate to find a credit for a new phone. Until then I squeak by like a loyal veteran. Kind regards.
    Smooth but strong and on the rocks.