What determines Heroes starting Level?

I've seen some people refer to what determines the starting Level of Heroes, but I can't find it ATM. Anyone know what it is or if NG has stated it?

Is it highest level trainable by the Training Ground?
Is it highest level of the survivor of the class? If it's this, what if you unlock Abraham but don't have Assaults unlocked yet?
Does it have something to do with level of the Radio Tent?

Thanks for any help!!

Comments

• jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 1,922
    edited January 2017
    Highest survivor in general.

Friend with lvl 15 survivors, got lvl 17 bruiser from mission.
    Then unlocked abraham an Tara at lvl 17.

She can train to max lvl 16

EDIT
    I know she didn't upgrade radio tower since token system was introduced.
    I told her to ignore it from that day.

So even if you have no Assault, Abraham will come in at your highest level survivor
    OneLessTitanbigbeano
  • OneLessTitanOneLessTitan Member Posts: 1,273
    Thank you @jimmorrison369 !! That's pretty awesome for your friend, and the perfect storm for figuring out the exact process!! Much appreciated!!

That's pretty awesome for your friend

It is pretty sweet in a lot of cases, there is a little backlash though.
    Her normal survivors where lvl15. The season missions ended at RSL 19.
    Had to help her out a couple of times.

Np
  • Shut_UpShut_Up Member Posts: 2,295
    edited January 2017
    One of the stated changes for one of our updates was changing the starting levels of heroes to the highest level you can train to. It was probably 2.0 or 2.1.

I looked back through 2.1 and 2.2 update notes but it wasn't there. It may be in one of those update discussion threads.
    Shut_Up said:

One of the stated changes for one of our updates was changing the starting levels of heroes to the highest level you can train to.

I do know that at first, your hero starting level was linked to your radio-tower lvl. As in: the highest possible number from radio-tent.
    http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/13060/official-2-0-update-discussion-thread/p2

This changed at a certain point.
    I'm very sure that, at least since 2.3, it is equal to your highest survivor lvl.