The dreaded "Under Attack" delay message - rid it?

This long-time message has always delayed our ability to log-in, although not any significant delays. But I don't see the utility of it because the mechanics behind it don't work properly anyways; i.e. we can be online and seemingly the game reconnects us to find we've been raided. Or, our bot-version can still be raided while we're logged-in anyways. Sometimes I only have a few minutes to log-in quickly and run 1 raid, or 1 scavenge mission...and yet I have to endure staring at the screen while some individual is prancing around merrily in my outpost doing who-knows-what...

Once the raider's map loads into our Outpost they can finish, but isn't there some game-coding adjustment that still allows us to log in and play? Only wishful thinking on my part? @Shteevie ? Thanks,

DoTakGarretSCBMAmostlyharmlessGovernatorDLichJadenT_12addicted4lifeBuckzzRedEye52

Comments

• DoTakDoTak Member Posts: 1,964
    Lol @ monkey
    Movado
  • quitJOSHinquitJOSHin Member Posts: 134
    edited January 2017
    I'm pretty sure that message only pops up after the person has spent the gas to attack but before it actually loads up the map. It's just to keep you from changing your outpost around while its trying to load. Once it is loaded, there's no reason to keep you offline, which is why it only keeps you off for such a short period of time.

Edit:
    That's also why you never log in after that message and see the attack in the log. The attack would really only just be starting. This is my theory anyway
    bigbeano
  • bigbeanobigbeano Member Posts: 602
    I agree with @ quitJOSHin,I got this message earlier,it took several minutes after I got in camp b4 the raid showed up in log!
    quitJOSHin
    @SCBMA
    In my experience it does show in the log eventually. Sometimes in the middle of a string of attacks I was making.

Oh and how do you know for sure it was a bot you attacked?
    Movado
    @SCBMA
    I raid frequently myself. Every day with most of my gas for the day. I'm asking how specifically you know the one where you got the "player has come online" message was a bot and not the actual player?
  • Shut_UpShut_Up Member Posts: 2,295
    edited January 2017
    I still think it's just cooler for them to say your outpost is under attack instead of having trouble logging into our overworked servers please wait. I have had it say outpost under attack and I try to get in again and the message switch to walkers are blocking the entrance to your camp please wait. Some of the other explanations make sense so I'm keeping an open mind though but because I have seen it use two different reasons why I can't log in within a few seconds of each other I believe it's just NGs way of saying hang on a second damn it.
    SCBMAMovadoTheSittingDuck
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    Shut_Up said:

I still think it's just cooler for them to say your outpost is under attack instead of having trouble logging into our overworked servers please wait. I have had it say outpost under attack and I try to get in again and the message switch to walkers are blocking the entrance to your camp please wait. Some of the other explanations make sense so I'm keeping an open mind though but because I have seen it use two different reasons why I can't log in within a few seconds of each other I believe it's just NGs way of saying hang on a second damn it.

Certainly possible. I tend to take it at face value, since I've noticed my defenses usually take 10-20 minutes to show up in the log if they happened right before I log in. The few times I've gotten the message, an attack eventually shows up in the log.

On the other hand, if you ever call customer service at a large business and they tell you to call back because they're doing a "system update" or similar language, it's 99 to 1 their system has suffered a critical failure and they're trying to get it back on line. The idea being you alarm people by acknowledging the outage, so better to divert them. So a similar tactic to avoid spreading panic about a server overload seems reasonable. But i think it would happen more or for longer times if that was the case for the outpost message.