Last man standing

Struggling to complete the season 7 "replay" mission, last man standing. My maximum level character is 18 and ai have tried with shooters, with hunters and even an assault but to no luck. Walkers just seem to pile up on me and I can't fight them off.

Having completed it before, I thought it would be easier this time around, but to me it seems more difficult. My method that worked before of staying to the top left of the screen and just pick walkers off slowly seems to have stopped working for me. Does any one have any tips or hints on how to win this level?

I will be able to promote Jesus to 4 stars if I complete it!

Comments

• HunterKillerHunterKiller Member Posts: 10
    Do you have an assault with gold spread? Worked for me as well as using Daryl with retaliate but you will take hospital time with him
    Governatormostlyharmlessgespuerchristpuncher
  • stoneheartstoneheart Member Posts: 62
    Forgive me, but what is a gold spread?
  • quitJOSHinquitJOSHin Member Posts: 134
    edited January 2017
    Spread is the assault weapon perk that increases its firing area. Gold is the highest version: 47 degrees increased spread

Gold Arc is the same idea but with the warrior weapon
    No I don't have many gold weapons to start with. I'm thinking maybe this is my biggest barrier? But I was put off getting more gold gear because I paid for gear when Daryl was level 15 and now he's 18 that old gear seems useless with him. I was waiting until I could get my level 20.
    Yea since the missions scale to your level it can be hard to beat 5/5 without good gear
    Governatorbigbeanogespuer
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 4,244
    I did it with Assault with Gold Spread weapon, but I did it the last time with a Warrior with a Gold Arc and Retaliate. It is tougher with a Warrior, but possible. Expect some hospital time with a Warrior. Good luck!
    mostlyharmlessbigbeanofire_waterT_12
  • Marcus6253Marcus6253 Member Posts: 219
    You must be able to kill a walker with one hit most of the time if you are going to be able to complete this mission regardless of which survivor class you use to finish it off. If you can't one hit kill you will be overwhelmed with half dead walkers before you can complete the mission.
    quitJOSHinDoTakchristpuncher
  • Nightwolf1986Nightwolf1986 Member Posts: 46
    i hated this mission the most, but i did finish it the first time with Jesus, and arc spread weapon. Going to try this again now
    This is who I beat it with. No injuries. @Marcus6253 is right though. You need to be able to kill most in one hit. And you have to be careful where you position yourself when they spawn from more than one direction at once
    Governator
  • Tapatio75Tapatio75 Member Posts: 636
    I used my best hunter, got some hospital time with the last 2 but not bad
    AndreaT_12
  • atrainofficialatrainofficial Member Posts: 255
    yeah this is a tough one. I used Epic Michonne. Retaliate is helpful. Anything with Threat Reduction is helpful. If you have a Scout with Swift Strike or a Kingdom Spear, they could be helpful. but yeah, tough the first time around, tough the second time around. Got banged up pretty badly everytime.
    It's just level 5 that I'm struggling with. I need way more time to get more decent gear and level up more.
  • carlos1981carlos1981 Member Posts: 346
    I did this with Daryl in the top exit. Others have done it with Daryl in the top right He's a Lvl16 Epic, but with a Lvl18 Rifle, which had silver Calibre, Gold Destrictive and Gold, Lethal. It's harder than the first time, although i only failed once this time round.

You still have a set number, so careful placement is key, as well as a bit of luck re: spwaning. I only got hit a few times on this, but be aggressive, and take the shot that takes out the most walkers - You hit the number (15 i think) quicker, Unless More than 1 is too close. If it's 1, I'll take a knock\Daryl will dodge,
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,067
    I used to be able to do it with my assault but the tactic I used last time doesn't seem to work this time (don't know why - maybe the walkers spawn differently or it is harder for some other reason).

Level 20 legendara assault got killed, made 3/5 with level 19 legendary Daryl, though. Might need to level him up to make it to 5/5.
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
  • bababooeybababooey Member Posts: 147
    Leg Gold wide arc with Jesus . Got bruised on 5/5. Done and done.
  • WahooDawgWahooDawg Member Posts: 471
    I used an assault with silver spread and I hung out near the bottom of the screen.
  • DaleDale Member Posts: 1,122
    Epic Jesus with a legendary gold wide arc got the job done for me. It helps to know the right order to kill the walkers. Start with the one in the lower left. Then go after two or more at a time if you can. It helps to practice the order during the first 4 trials.
    christpuncher
  • SPOOKYSPOOKY Member Posts: 8
    I move to the right so try that. I use assault or warrior with upgraded weapons.
    christpuncher
  • WalkerballzWalkerballz Member Posts: 1,896

Hope this helps
    Don't hate the black, don't hate the white, if you get bitten , just hate the bite! ....... Sly Stone
    Please join us
    christpuncherSeismicMushroom
  • MLHMLH Member Posts: 82
    I found overwatch very helpful in terms of getting walkers into a convenient position to hit several at once. People seem to hate it, but it works.
    christpuncher
    Hey thanks for the advice, but I still haven't completed the last mission. The walkers seem OP or something. I have several with overwatch and somehow I keep getting a hoard on top of me. This has to be the hardest mission. It's ridiculous.
    theaggiegeek
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 2,062
    Did it with assault lvl20 and legendary weapon lvl21.

Didn't need it, but you can try to go to the far right. That way they all get funneled and can come from only one direction.

It worked for someone else who got subpar gear.
    christpuncher
  • GnatevilGnatevil Member Posts: 149
    Go to the right and hang out by the motorcycle. Shoot from there. I used a shooter and lined up shots from there
    Carlychristpuncher
  • Marcus6253Marcus6253 Member Posts: 219
    The first time I tried this mission I had just upgraded two of my hunters to level 19 with the rest of the survivors at level 18. My hunters did not have fully upgraded weapons and given that they increased the number of walkers that spawned with each shot it was game over every time I tried at level 5. Given the number that spawn normally during the mission, any single shot class was not going to work, so that left warriors and assaults. After about 20+ tries I was able to do it with Daryl after upgrading a rifle with moderate traits and getting lucky with a dodge and final spawn.

This time around I purposefully avoided upgrading any survivors to level 20 and worked on getting good gear for my level 19 warriors. Needless to say this time was done without a problem with only one mission where my legendary warrior with a level 2 gold arc blade got bruised. Piece of cake.

When the walker level gets to be +3 or more your survivor level the number of body shots increases. In round one where I had two level 19 hunters the 5th mission was level 21 walkers, survivor level +2, But since I only had level 18 warriors the walkers were all +3 the survivor level and nothing but body shots so that I could not single hit kill any of the walkers. This time around I was still using level 19 survivors so mission 5 was level 21 walkers that were only +2 my survivor level so easy one shot kills. Since the warrior charge ability gives me two attacks I could clear two groups in one turn keeping the numbers down. It also doesn't hurt that the warrior doesn't generate threat so the number of spawns is minimized.
    DoTak
  • Shut_UpShut_Up Member Posts: 2,295
    @Marcus6253 I'm pretty sure that the walker levels in the trials don't start any higher than max survivor level+2 and not +3. The starting level for the walkers on the fifth and final trial is +2 max survivor level.
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 2,062
    Shut_Up said:

@Marcus6253 I'm pretty sure that the walker levels in the trials don't start any higher than max survivor level+2 and not +3. The starting level for the walkers on the fifth and final trial is +2 max survivor level.

It sure is, but in his case. He had lvl19 hunters with bad weapons and lvl18 warrioirs with alright weapons.
    Couldn't kill with hunters cause bad weapons, couldn't use warrior cause RSL+3.
  • Shut_UpShut_Up Member Posts: 2,295
    @jimmorrison369 Thanks I did read that a little too fast.
  • GebobsGebobs Member Posts: 428
    edited January 2017
    I used assault on the first go 'round and would have been overwhelmed when the walkers replenished if my guy wasn't Lev 20 with legendary gear. I decided to go with a warrior with 135° arc to minimize those replenishments.

Missions 2-4 were easy but I think they threw some extra walkers in on the last one. My warrior took some damage but i was able to escape to tell the tale.
  • OldweirdeddieOldweirdeddie Member Posts: 1,169
    Warrior with gold arc for me, with judicious use of bonus attack. Got bruised a few times but was never in any real danger.