Update 2.4 - Official Discussion Thread

Update Notes 2.4.

Who else is excited?!
DeadBeattomducat21Aeshur005DLichWeekOne[Deleted User]zbotantArtisansmcbkhicksATLAS-ZCherokee_RoseVerbaubflyingcowkingGForceStelioMrsScattercushionbababooeyszgerg77autumn_ashMarkzosonSurvivor420ggbatsmasacresvshield50Fester17A1bodinebadkittyT_12AlexFiliUKBertoglio

Comments

• WeekOneWeekOne Member Posts: 1,195
    I am @Teeceezy :)

Going to share this with my team right now. WooooHoooo
    DeadBeat
  • SamstownSamstown Member Posts: 54
    So when are we going to get new survivors? Tired of doing raids and seeing the same on the other side?
    CyberHunk
  • tomducat21tomducat21 Member Posts: 308
    :p me !!!
    WeekOne
  • PutchucoPutchuco Member Posts: 1,289
    Have the bonus quests been changed with the new challenge format?
    If you would like to join a drama-free and fun group of enthusiasts,
    contact us via email at [email protected]
    Aeshur005
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 2,053
    edited February 2017
    "The minimum level of equipment found in mission crates is now one less than the recommended survivor level for the mission."

@Teeceezy

Does this mean :
    Rsl=23 -> weapon in crate minimum = 19
    Or
    Rsl=23 -> weapon in crate minimum = 20

??

EDIT-
    A, you've changed it. This is better, less ambiguity.
  • TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,576

"The minimum level of equipment found in mission crates is now one less than the recommended survivor level for the mission."

@Teeceezy

Does this mean :

Rsl=23 -> weapon in crate minimum = 19

Or

Rsl=23 -> weapon in crate minimum = 20

??

It can be either. Only guaranteed level 20 equipment is from the gear crates in the TG shop.
    jimmorrison369Maverick1969
    > @Teeceezy said:
    It can be either. Only guaranteed level 20 equipment is from the gear crates in the TG shop.

So it is the first one then.
    Not the second. Lol

Well, at least it is not 18 anymore.
    That is great.
    JackBauerDLichMaverick1969ggbatsT_12
  • jeffi5751jeffi5751 Member Posts: 122
    edited February 2017
    Regarding the guild leaderboards for as long as I have been playing this game the guild leaderboard has been over the last 14 days, until it was messed up a couple of updates ago.

If I am reading this correctly the guild leaderboard will only show current or previous week challenges, which is the way it has been showing in a screwed up way. I am not a fan of this if this is how it is going to continue to be. The last 14 days have a more accurate placement for the guilds over a not too short or too long timeframe and would show where your guild is in that timeframe.

Simply having it for the current challenge only shows how many guilds get out of the gate fast and not how they finish also if your guild does really well one week and not as good the next you shouldn't fall out of the ranking completely.

I would like clarification and if I am reading it right then please don't leave it that way. Thanks
    PutchucoMarcus6253ATLAS-ZCaptainslayerFireseducer
  • GrimGaelGrimGael Member Posts: 1,410
    @David_H79 and @jimmorrison369 that seems a little ungrateful. They've taken the time to sweep the problem halfway under the rug and stomp down the pile a few times. It shows they are aware of it, lol. Good things are coming next update, I'm sure of it! And maybe there will be a few trade events to whet our appetite.
    jimmorrison369Maverick1969Jaden
  • DangerBDangerB Member Posts: 231
    WoW, looks very cool.
    WeekOnePain Walker
  • JuanloJuanlo Member Posts: 89
    I really like what I see. As I understand, now when you play a mission with RSL 21 or higher, equipment will always be level 20, so no more auto-scrap in most of those items. What I miss on these notes is some kind of permanent way to use tomatoes when we have full supplies, it's great that the annoying messages are gone, but the problem is still there. I guess NG are still working on it and we will see in future updates. I'll check out the video when I get home later today, but as I said, it looks good so far.
    edited February 2017
    Disregard...
  • Aeshur005Aeshur005 Member Posts: 114
    edited February 2017
    @Teeceezy

Could the new challenge difficulty be like your first pink star survivor?

I currently have all lvl 19s with fully upgraded legendary lvl 18s gear. I'm pulling 400 stars in challenge minus 15-20 bonus quest stars if I'm lucky.

After viewing the video level 20 starting gas cost 4 per missions. Not sure what level 19 will be. But it safe to assume the cost will be slightly cheaper and I will start at an easier difficulty.

Without using 24 hours gas booster I should be able to do more missions if the cost is cheaper and the difficulty a bit easier.

I'm thinking of getting fully upgraded level 19 legendaries maybe 20s if im lucky.

I don't know how many missions it takes to get to lvl 20+ walkers but normally I top up around 22-23. I would be curious how much gas cost difference between level 19 and 20, and how far i would get with my current equipment.

/discuss:)
    biter370T_12
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,597
    Love the changes to the receipt of supplies. Gear drop levels are also moving in the right direction. Thanks for listening NG!

Reserving my judgment on the new challenge system until I try it.
  • JuanloJuanlo Member Posts: 89
    edited February 2017
    @WeekOne

The minimum level of equipment found in mission crates is now one less than the recommended survivor level for the mission, up to level 20

It's clear to me, from level 21 or higher missions, items will always be 20. But if I'm wrong I'm sure someone will correct me.
    Pic
  • 8900rpm8900rpm Member Posts: 114
    @Juanlo it was explained by Teeceezy above.
    "It can be either. Only guaranteed level 20 equipment is from the gear crates in the TG shop."

So in missions, you may get 19 or 20.
    WeekOne
    f> @Juanlo said:
    > @WeekOne
    >
    > The minimum level of equipment found in mission crates is now one less than the recommended survivor level for the mission, up to level 20
    >
    > It's clear to me, from level 21 or higher missions, items will always be 20. But if I'm wrong I'm sure someone will correct me.

Here I am. Correcting you. From lvl 20 and upward, it is minimum 19. As per my question to Teeceezy before he changed the 2.4 update notes.
  • PutchucoPutchuco Member Posts: 1,289
    @Teeceezy @Shteevie ,
    couple of questions/clarifications:
    - will the bonus quest system be touched or re-used with new challenges?
    - will old existing quests be valid?
    - What happens to saved crates from challenges, how will they be migrated?
    - Can you give us a rough idea on the weekly cost of gas for a full challenge assuming same lvl of play? Will we have more time for other missions, or same?

Thx, and looking forward to wednesday!
    If you would like to join a drama-free and fun group of enthusiasts,
    contact us via email at [email protected]
    edited February 2017
    [Player Edit] @8900rpm is correct. Voila! :smiley:
    edited February 2017
    Edit- nevermind. Seems like when someone else says the exact same thing. It does get through.
    I never knew I speak in tongue.
    1RisWeekOne
    Lol @jimmorrison369 I had to fix my post too ;)
    jimmorrison369
  • Tapatio75Tapatio75 Member Posts: 636
    Maybe I misunderstood, did he say that if we play 3 challenges in 9 minutes we have to wait 1 hour for cooldown?
    T_12