Update 2.4 - Official Discussion Thread

Comments

• SteeboonSteeboon Member Posts: 684
    Hi @Marcus6253, I am not referring to the end of round thing. For example I completed Terminus with 3 stars but as the screen was still updating the 3 stars gained, I clicked on the same stage and attempted it again hastily as I have forgotten I have just played that stage. What I am suggesting it to have a blocker that prevents us from replaying missions that already has been completed with 3 stars.
  • Marcus6253Marcus6253 Member Posts: 221
    @Steeboon I understand, I play on an old iPad 2 that barely has enough memory so it is not possible to start a new mission until the stars have been displayed for the one I just finished and more likely I'll get a crash to desktop while it displays the stars so I have to restart the game and challenge so immediately see which ones I have completed stars for.
  • VerbaubVerbaub Member Posts: 650
    @Steeboon not sure that would work because people may want to be able to farm the 3 starred missions they've completed when they get the timer
    Steeboon
  • PiterluisPiterluis Member Posts: 27
    edited February 2017
    Good day to all!

I want to add what we think (in our Guild) it is an small bug. My Guild leader realised something strange about personal rewards on current challengue system. Have a look at the standard challenge crate progression...

60 stars... 30000 exp
    150 stars... 30500 exp
    240 stars... 10 gold pieces
    360 stars... 30000 exp

If we have a look at the deluxe crate progression...

90 stars... 44500 exp
    180 stars... Epic Weapon (Rifle)
    280 stars... 44000 exp
    400 stars... Epic Weapon (Pistol)

And, finally, the Tokens crate progression...

120 stars... 9 Glenn Tokens
    210 stars... 14 Jesus Tokens
    320 stars... 30 Hunter Tokens
    440 stars... 17 Tara Tokens

On this last crate, yes... game kept good progression for him, but... I just got the 440 stars token crate and I obtained 11 Jesus Tokens.

Do not missunderstand me, we do not claim bigger rewards on higher levels. They are big and nice enough! I just want to show you that maybe progression is not logical 100%... Lets call it "bad rewards distribution" along stars collection ;).

I edit post just to add some thoughts... Maybe we do not obtain progressively bigger rewards on each kind of crate. Deluxe crate on 400 stars maybe has exactly same value than the one at 90 stars, and just the luck define what we obtain opening the crate, it doesn't matter how much stars we achieved to get it. If it is so, then, no chances for a bug or something else. :) Just to mention it.
    Member of Spanish Rage Guild. Playing since early 2016.
  • KaLiKaLi Member Posts: 426
    edited February 2017
    At first I was dissapointed in my hard earn 1100 star for that low amount in the token crate.

Now it make sense from Shteevie's viewpoint and explanation.

We are already given extra TG and rewards for progressing our way up top compared to challenge 1.0 so let's just be happy with the improved results :D

Maybe in the future they will do something!
    Papacas
  • aumfcaumfc Member Posts: 1
    Shteevie, you guys could add some progression to the chests and still keep the chance for great rewards at the lower crate levels. Just increase the odds that you receive the better rewards as you gain more stars. Never remove the chance for hero tokens or legendary gear from the lower crates, just make it more likely to get them as you get more stars and eliminate the chance for lower level items. This way everyone wins. The low level player might get a legendary weapon with their first 18 star deluxe crate and I don't get a few cans of lousy tomatoes for my 520 star deluxe crate.

For example (leaving some things out for sake of example):

1st Deluxe Challenge Crate - 50% exp/cans, 5% legendary
    2nd Deluxe Challenge Crate - 40% exp/cans, 15% legendary
    3rd Deluxe Challenge Crate - 30% exp/cans, 25% legendary
    4th Deluxe Challenge Crate - 20% exp/cans, 35% legendary
    5th Deluxe Challenge Crate - 10% exp/cans, 45% legendary
    6th Deluxe Challenge Crate - 0% exp/cans, 55% legendary
    etc

1st Token Crate - 50% hero
    2nd Token Crate - 60% hero
    3rd Token Crate - 70% hero
    etc
    JadendylanarenaTSDF_ArmyDeadBeat
  • Fester17Fester17 Member Posts: 682
    I may be wrong, but isn't gear from crates at RSL 23 and above supposed to be guaranteed base level 20? Here's why I'm asking:

Elder and recruiter for FearTheDead

• zbotzbot NML Legendary Moderator, OW Moderator Posts: 7,386
    @brentp17 no 19-20,

The minimum level of equipment found in mission crates is now one less than the recommended survivor level for the mission, up to level 20.
    edited February 2017
    zbot said:

@brentp17 no 19-20,

The minimum level of equipment found in mission crates is now one less than the recommended survivor level for the mission, up to level 20.

So, if I'm on RSL 23, gear from crates should be one less than RSL for the mission (which would be level 22, which doesn't exist yet) up to level 20. So it SHOULD be level 20, right? A "yes" or "no" will be enough for me.

• WahooDawgWahooDawg Member Posts: 471
    No...the "up to level 20" part refers to RSL...not to minimum gear level. Really poorly worded.
    blynknz
  • zbotzbot NML Legendary Moderator, OW Moderator Posts: 7,386
    @brentp17 no, after RSL 20 it's treated as RSL 20 so still level 19-20
    WahooDawg said:

No...the "up to level 20" part refers to RSL...not to minimum gear level. Really poorly worded.

Yeah, it is. Thanks.

zbot said:

@brentp17 no, after RSL 20 it's treated as RSL 20 so still level 19-20

Thanks.

• dylanarenadylanarena Member Posts: 78
    aumfc said:

Shteevie, you guys could add some progression to the chests and still keep the chance for great rewards at the lower crate levels. Just increase the odds that you receive the better rewards as you gain more stars. Never remove the chance for hero tokens or legendary gear from the lower crates, just make it more likely to get them as you get more stars and eliminate the chance for lower level items. This way everyone wins. The low level player might get a legendary weapon with their first 18 star deluxe crate and I don't get a few cans of lousy tomatoes for my 520 star deluxe crate.

For example (leaving some things out for sake of example):

1st Deluxe Challenge Crate - 50% exp/cans, 5% legendary
    2nd Deluxe Challenge Crate - 40% exp/cans, 15% legendary
    3rd Deluxe Challenge Crate - 30% exp/cans, 25% legendary
    4th Deluxe Challenge Crate - 20% exp/cans, 35% legendary
    5th Deluxe Challenge Crate - 10% exp/cans, 45% legendary
    6th Deluxe Challenge Crate - 0% exp/cans, 55% legendary
    etc

1st Token Crate - 50% hero
    2nd Token Crate - 60% hero
    3rd Token Crate - 70% hero
    etc

@aumfc's suggestion is what we've been kicking around in my guild, too. We are STOKED about the challenge revamp, and the ONLY problem we've found with it is the randomness of the token crates (we didn't even find fault with the deluxe challenge crates). Our sense is that the 560 token crate, for example, should give a better reward than the 120 token crate. I understand the motivational value of randomness, but there is also something to be said for the motivational value of rewards commensurate with effort. So some sort of graduated probability would be a good compromise.
    Marcus6253KaLiblynknz
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,067
    I won't push for the next reward at 740 stars because it's another token crate and often that is not worth the hassle, injuries and gas costs. So yeah, if the rewards got a little better with added difficulty, at least for the token crates, I might try to get there. But as it is there is no motivation for me whatsoever.

I get the reason why but I would be super annoyed if I'd fight and paid a large amount of gas just to end up with 11 bruiser tokens...
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    SCBMADoTakTSDF_ArmyKaLi
    Has anyone made a reward schedule for this new challenge format? The star count for each guild reward and each individual reward?

• DoTakDoTak Member Posts: 1,964
    edited February 2017
    @brentp17
    Check out this thread

http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/22538/what-to-expect-when-youre-expecting/p1

I noticed that the guild reward tiers appear to have changed though

Edit: credit to Dlich
    Fester17
    @DoTak Thanks! I knew I'd seen it somewhere!

DoTak
  • TSDF_ArmyTSDF_Army Member Posts: 17
    My whole guild loves the 2.0 system, but there HAS to be some element of graduating rewards introduced for the token crates. It's proving to be a significant motivation killer when your reward for grinding out another 80☆ to reach ~560☆ is a mere 12 class tokens.

Even if it's merely a % chance to get a Hero token roll, something has to be introduced.
  • David_H79David_H79 Member Posts: 1,866
    In my opinion the New system is better than before. But I have a few concerns about it.

The new system is more repetive than before. If you could clear stage 26, in the old system you played every round at least 24 times. In the new format now it is 30 times. And there are players who still hits more.
    Now the Leaderboards don't show people with best skills. They show which people had the most time and/or spent the most money.

Second point is the complete all six thing. I love this idea. But to introduce it @Shteevie told us they adjust the difficulty of each mission. So that the difficulty is equal on all six.
    I haven't noticed this. In the first round "Into the woods" became the wall for many players. In the second round "Woodbury" is much more difficulty than the others.
    Marcus6253JackBauersoggybottoms
  • WahooDawgWahooDawg Member Posts: 471
    Hilltop got pretty brutal, too.
    JadenMarcus6253JackBauer
  • carlos1981carlos1981 Member Posts: 346
    One thing I will never understand. Post mission Silver crates....

The number on the top right is a Silver crate. It's a lvl19 kit, but why is uncommon gear in any silver crates at all? Surely, a silver crate should be Rare? It sucks going to watch the and, only to get uncommon gear
    Marcus6253soggybottoms
  • David_H79David_H79 Member Posts: 1,866
    @Amazayn how many gas boosters have you purchased to reach this Level?
    Amazayn
  • KaLiKaLi Member Posts: 426
    edited February 2017
    @Amazayn nice been keeping an eye out on your score throughout the whole challenge. I am amaze of your score and maybe if I had another day and gas booster I can come close!

It was a great push and motivator!
    SekushiJVC_TWDAmazaynJulialicious
  • RapaxRapax Member Posts: 256
    @Amazayn you are amazing! Here is the best I could do
    SekushiAmazaynKaLi