Update 2.4 - Official Discussion Thread

Comments

• TransmuteJunTransmuteJun Member Posts: 2,168

Pretty sure it was 3 rounds (18 total chellanges) in 90 mins...that's what I heard...but idk...so if u play a bunch in row...then u have to chill for an hour...

So what if we purposely time it that we play 3 rounds in 91 minutes? Does that avoid the cooldown and let us go to the 4th set of maps?
    Mollie64Maverick1969
  • JackBauerJackBauer Member Posts: 1,550
    Will the annoying 4-walker-only-outposts fixed ?
    -----------------
    Remember to use your charge abilities
    bsgper4SCBMAT_12
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,541
    @JackBauer that's a good question.

Spawn locations was addressed in Teeceezy's note. Hopefully the 4 Walker spawns are fixed too.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    T_12
  • jeffstasykjeffstasyk Member Posts: 162
    > @TransmuteJun said:
    > Pretty sure it was 3 rounds (18 total chellanges) in 90 mins...that's what I heard...but idk...so if u play a bunch in row...then u have to chill for an hour...
    >
    > So what if we purposely time it that we play 3 rounds in 91 minutes? Does that avoid the cooldown and let us go to the 4th set of maps?

Well I would think if I'm understanding correctly that if you did that you would actually be wasting more time...if you played 3 full rounds...18 maps...in like 25 mins (which with the last challenge prob could happen) then the hour cool leaves u less than 90 mins...but yea I guess if it takes you 40-45 to finish 18 maps...that technically u should space it to cover 95 mins so u avoid the cool down...but still seems better than the current 30 min cool down on every map...and that is prob fine with NG...spacing it to take 90+ mins...essentially the same as before in total time breakdown...

6 maps..30 min cool...x3
    18maps...90 min frame...if less u wait an hour...
  • blynknzblynknz Member Posts: 1,988
    Juanlo said:

@WeekOne

The minimum level of equipment found in mission crates is now one less than the recommended survivor level for the mission, up to level 20

It's clear to me, from level 21 or higher missions, items will always be 20. But if I'm wrong I'm sure someone will correct me.

8900rpm said:

@Juanlo it was explained by Teeceezy above.
    "It can be either. Only guaranteed level 20 equipment is from the gear crates in the TG shop."

So in missions, you may get 19 or 20.

@Teeceezy, maybe Im having a blonde moment.

"The minimum level of equipment found in mission crates is now one less than the recommended survivor level for the mission, up to level 20.
    The minimum level of items found in Reward or Challenge crates is one less than the expected highest level of the player's survivors."

Can you please explain to me what are "mission" crates as opposed to "Reward or Challenge" crates?
    Are you saying that in scavenger missions, we the minimum level equipment on hard mode (for a player with level 20 survivors) will be level 20?

And if it is actually 19, you may want to update your notes
    Mission crates are after missions. I'm reading it as RSL 19 will have nothing below 18; RSL 20 will have nothing below 19; RSL 21+ will have nothing below 20.

The challenge and reward crates will have minimum Lvl 19 if you have Lvl 20 survivors. Or minimum Lvl 17 if you have Lvl 18 survivors.

I don't know if post mission crates are across the board cause it's written in the notes of the challenge section; but I would think the days of finding Lvl 19 gear on RSL 21 is over.

If I recall in scavenger missions with a pink star survivor it's RSL 19 so I think that'd be Lvl 18 minimum.

But once you hit RSL 21 in challenges (or 1 RSL than your highest level survivor) you're guaranteed to find equipment that's equal to your survivors.

It might make farming RSL 21 in challenges a better option than scavenger if you're after gear.

You can replay any mission until you choose to complete the round. It's not closed once you get 3 stars. Obviously 18 stars is a perfect round, but I don't think anything stops anyone from repeatedly playing a mission they have 3 stars on.

Aeshur005
  • Camel56Camel56 Member Posts: 568
    I may have missed the discussion, but what happens with quests? Will there not be bonus stars given for completing quests in challenges anymore? I was worried about it when there was talk about a challenge rework, but now that's is nearly here. We need to know!
    DLich said:

Mission crates are after missions. I'm reading it as RSL 19 will have nothing below 18; RSL 20 will have nothing below 19; RSL 21+ will have nothing below 20.

The challenge and reward crates will have minimum Lvl 19 if you have Lvl 20 survivors. Or minimum Lvl 17 if you have Lvl 18 survivors.

I don't know if post mission crates are across the board cause it's written in the notes of the challenge section; but I would think the days of finding Lvl 19 gear on RSL 21 is over.

If I recall in scavenger missions with a pink star survivor it's RSL 19 so I think that'd be Lvl 18 minimum.

But once you hit RSL 21 in challenges (or 1 RSL than your highest level survivor) you're guaranteed to find equipment that's equal to your survivors.

It might make farming RSL 21 in challenges a better option than scavenger if you're after gear.

You can replay any mission until you choose to complete the round. It's not closed once you get 3 stars. Obviously 18 stars is a perfect round, but I don't think anything stops anyone from repeatedly playing a mission they have 3 stars on.

I see how you are interpreting it. That mission crates are the screen where there are 9 and we choose 3, and that covers all mission types.

That's not the way I read it, because they said that Challenge crates are Survivor Level -1 (not RSL). We I assumed meant the crates from the end of a challenge mission.

Camel56 said:

I may have missed the discussion, but what happens with quests? Will there not be bonus stars given for completing quests in challenges anymore? I was worried about it when there was talk about a challenge rework, but now that's is nearly here. We need to know!

No, we will not get stars from quests anymore. The bonus stars that we are going to get now are from completeing each round of missions.
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 2,065
    DLich said:

Teeceezy said:

Only guaranteed level 20 equipment is from the gear crates in the TG shop.

These two can't be true at the same time.
    Maverick1969
  • TrinityTrinity Member Posts: 64
    So, when is the upgrade happening? I am so excited about it. Can't wait.... And we also have the second part of the season coming up....
    ggbats
    edited February 2017
    @jimmorrison369 now I'm curious as that's how I'm interpreting....

"The minimum level of equipment found in mission crates is now one less than the recommended survivor level for the mission, up to level 20."

If the RSL is 21; one less would be 20 (and it meets the rule of "up to 20")

But Teeceezy did say only guaranteed 20 is gear shop.

Maybe it's meant to imply that other items than gear can be found in those after challenge crates which is always true and the only way to guarantee receiving Lvl 20 gear is from gear crates but in after challenge crates we can receive other things besides Lvl 20 gear like radios, gold, XP etc.

I'm curious though now.

boosh
  • WeekOneWeekOne Member Posts: 1,195
    @Trinity they removed the gas and double XP boosters so hopefully within the next 12hrs! Fingers crossed here. I'm very excited! :smiley:
  • Camel56Camel56 Member Posts: 568
    Never in any discussion, have they mentioned a thing about what Rarity of the gear that you get! Everyone is excited, but for months, I haven't opened any crate that gave me legendary gear. I was floored this past challenge when I finally got a piece of garbage legendary gear. All I have been getting is common or Uncommon, with a few Rare mixed in. I haven't seen any L20 Epic and until this past challenge 1 piece of legendary gear. That includes any mission scavenger xp, can or gear, challenge or episode. Believe me I've tried them All! I can get a measly 400 stars so I've been hitting the higher RSLevels and some of the scavenger missions on hard as well.

Still the challenge looks like it could be fun, and I'm looking forward to something new and hopefully better.

I heard alternating TG and radio guild rewards. I'm guessing, that on challenges that offer TG, then that's what we would be getting throughout that challenge. On challenges that offer radios, I heard each tier is 5 radios per tier. Some people are hearing alternating guild rewards, but I'm going by past history that it will be one or the other, is that correct?

Last question, is that this update is geared toward removing the monotonous grind for not just high level players but maybe even upper middle level players. The example shows him starting on RSL 14, with the rework, do the players and the guild, starting on higher level RSL get the missing stars up to that level? Don't know how many stars a player finishing RSL 13 would have if he was able to get 3 stars on every mission. Just wondering?
    debbiemom22
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,712
    That is my reading @WahooDawg and it's consistent with the messaging from NG. They din't want to guarantee RSL 20 gear in post-mission/scavenge/challenge crates because it makes the game too easy. I disagree, as it's already hard enough to find legendary gear (unless you're grinding dozens of missions on a booster) without even considering the difficulty of getting the right traits on your gear...
    Proud member of Mavericks OG, a top 3 global GW and challenge guild.
    Message me on the forums or on Line (ID: jayztwdnml) if you're interested in joining the Mavericks family of guilds.

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGSePrANMyf_S_YKJyfJodg
    Strategy compendium: https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/41787/jayzs-nml-strategy-compendium
    WahooDawgcrambert_nec
  • zbotzbot NML Legendary Moderator, OW Moderator Posts: 7,353
    WahooDawg said:

@DLich I think the "up to level 20" part of the statement applies to the RSL. Meaning that the minimum equipment level adjusts upward through RSL level 20. At level 20 RSL and above, the minimum is the same (19).

That's my interpretation also.
    @WahooDawg I think you're right. I played in the beta you'd think I would have paid better attention lol.

It makes sense what you're saying. Up to is not the same as "up to and including".

A guild can have "up to" 20 players... It's assumed there can be "up to and including" 20 players.

Either way the new challenge is gonna be fun!!

WahooDawg
    Camel56 said:

N
    I heard alternating TG and radio guild rewards. I'm guessing, that on challenges that offer TG, then that's what we would be getting throughout that challenge. On challenges that offer radios, I heard each tier is 5 radios per tier. Some people are hearing alternating guild rewards, but I'm going by past history that it will be one or the other, is that correct?

Last question, is that this update is geared toward removing the monotonous grind for not just high level players but maybe even upper middle level players. The example shows him starting on RSL 14, with the rework, do the players and the guild, starting on higher level RSL get the missing stars up to that level? Don't know how many stars a player finishing RSL 13 would have if he was able to get 3 stars on every mission. Just wondering?

No, it alternates within the challenges.
    So the 30* reward is radios, the 60* is TG, the 90* is radios.....

Yes, it is to remove the grind for everyone, and to make it more closer to your level.
    In theory, I believe everyone (on average) will player the same number of rounds (Lets say 10 rounds).
    So they could get 180 stars. The difference is the bonus stars. So a top level player would have bonus stars of
    14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 19, 20, 20, 21 (=179)

A mid level might have
    9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 14, 15, 15, 16 (= 129)
  • GladiGladi Member Posts: 616
    If you check that video, Pain had 391 stars for "previous" challenge while fighting lvl20(RSL20). With info from Shteevie(if I remember correctly) some RSL will be repeated twice and(maybe) some high RSL even three times. Those 391 stars fits perfectly to RSL14-16(3x18+14+15+16) and RSL17-20(4x18+17+18+19+20)x2. So passing RSL23(lets suppose it will be repeated only twice) will bring up to 631 stars total(391+2x(3x18+21+22+23)). So ppl which had 400+ stars previously will now end somewhere around 600 or even higher.
    DLich[Deleted User]
  • JuanloJuanlo Member Posts: 89
    WahooDawg said:

@DLich I think the "up to level 20" part of the statement applies to the RSL. Meaning that the minimum equipment level adjusts upward through RSL level 20. At level 20 RSL and above, the minimum is the same (19).

I hope you are wrong. Beating a level 25 mission can be very hard and currently it's extremely dissapointing to get a level 19 (or below) item. Maybe @Shteevie could share a bit of info on this matter?
  • ShteevieShteevie Staff Posts: 1,335
    Juanlo said:

Gear in crates confusion

-Sorry for the unclear language in the update notes; creating confusion is the opposite of what we want to do with notes like these. Hopefully I can clear it up.
    A "mission crate" is any crate that you open in the grid of 9 after a mission. A "Trade Goods" crate is one you buy from the TG shop. A "TG Gear Crate" is specifically a TG crate that is guaranteed to contain gear.

Mission crates will give gear based on the mission level, to a maximum of 20. The minimum level of gear that can be found in these crates is 1 less than that mission difficulty number. Any mission of difficulty greater than 20 uses the same tables as missions with difficulty 20.

The part that is changing is that you will no longer get level 17-18 gear from mission crates for level 20 or greater missions. Because of the way the loot tables work, for level 58 players, this is also true for Guild Gifts and the Gold and Silver Rewards crates found on the TG shop [those are the ones that might have gear, but also might have other things in them].

The levels of gear found in the Gold shop or the TG Gear Crate are unchanged.

We'll work harder on clarity for future update notes.
    JackBauer said:

Will the annoying 4-walker-only-outposts fixed ?

-I have been asking for this change for a while now, as have you, and it had to be cut for time reasons. The players that had only 4 walkers on defense before are unchanged.
    Development Team Member - The Walking Dead: No Man's Land
    Please note: Development is a fluid process, and suggestions and implementation take time and iteration. Any discussion of future features, deadlines, updates, balance changes, and such should be considered prospective and subject to change.
  • PutchucoPutchuco Member Posts: 1,289
    edited February 2017
    Update is in iOS AppStore, but shows the wrong version number, still 2.3.3
    @Shteevie this is probably an error.
    If you would like to join a drama-free and fun group of enthusiasts,
    contact us via email at [email protected]
  • PutchucoPutchuco Member Posts: 1,289
    And now we have the correct new version in iOS store ;)
    If you would like to join a drama-free and fun group of enthusiasts,
    contact us via email at [email protected]
  • Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873

Supplies will no longer be given as an award for the following events or reward types:
    Killing Walkers on the Camp wall
    Mission crates after missions of difficulty 20 or greater
    Silver or Gold Trade crates purchased with Trade Goods
    Guild Gifts
    Cinema video ad rewards

Does this mean when supplies are maxed out, or does it happen for all L58 players? Cos it would be useful to collect supplies up to max storage level ready for next building upgrades.

*Soz If this has already been covered*
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
    @Shteevie, @Teeceezy

I thought the ban was ending before the next challenge. But it's still there.
    Are you able to lift the ban so we can play the new update
    Maverick1969
  • GladiGladi Member Posts: 616
    @Shteevie And(at least) what about RSL23 and above will have only lvl20 pieces? There is still gable big enough in rarity and traits. Dont think it will give real advantage to end game players, as amount of gold post mission tickets is pitiful. And in comparison with players with lvl19 or lower, we have big disadvantage in this filed. For example, if lvl17 survs can beat RSL20, one can get gear above his/her survs lvl, we all with lvl20 survs cannot(as lvl21 yet to be introduced in game). Im not in hurry for next lvl of survs/equip, but give us slightly better chance to obtain useful gear. For one useful lvl20 leg piece, I recieved dozen of lvl18/19 rare/epic/leg and another dozen of lvl20 rare/epic pieces. I know one can use lvl19 leg or lvl20 epic and still can be quite competitive, but we want best of the best...investing our hard grinded XP into lower lvls or lower rarity means, we will have to invest them again once we will get proper leg piece lvl20 and nobody wants to do that.