14.5 and 14.6 still impossible?

TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,429
edited February 2017 in Strategy Discussion
I want to refresh this subject because in 2.4 NG fixed 14.2 but apparently ignored 14.5 and 14.6.

I've made many topics and comments about this by it still remains without an official answer.

Anyone has any development on this? I still have to see a player confirm he beat any of those missions on Nightmare after update 2.3.
::
Mavericks Guild Family

Comments

• TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,429
    Still on watch for this. Up!
    Mavericks Guild Family
  • KaLiKaLi Member Posts: 426
    edited February 2017
    It's not impossible... Just takes some good equipment and strategy to beat it

Good luck
    TroublemakerTheCrabAngieMathesonbigbeanobiter370MattOfEarthDLichDBones
    edited February 2017
    KaLi said:

It's not impossible... Just takes some good equipment and strategy to beat it

Good luck

Sorry to disagree @KaLi - have you tried any in Nightmare after update 2.3?

14.5 is a full slaughter even with 8-star pinkies and fully equipped lvl 23 legendary gear.

They were possible before 2.3 and saviors buff. In my case I didn't have the resources to beat them back then. Those who did are happy at the moment.

Mavericks Guild Family
    bladgierAngieMatheson
  • bladgierbladgier Member Posts: 2,126
    I was stuck at 14.2. Passed after the recent update after few tries, then 14.3 easy peasy and Im stuck again on 14.4.

There's field of 5 freemen and 6th working on a container.

The only way to beat it I can think of is past assault event when they started charged.
    WIde spread. Stun and move.

I guess I'll wait for that or other class event.
    Troublemakerbigbeanopsychwolf
    bladgier said:

I was stuck at 14.2. Passed after the recent update after few tries, then 14.3 easy peasy and Im stuck again on 14.4.

There's field of 5 freemen and 6th working on a container.

The only way to beat it I can think of is past assault event when they started charged.

WIde spread. Stun and move.

I guess I'll wait for that or other class event.

I did 14.4 after over 30 tries. It is possible. You will need insane amounts of luck though. There are videos on YouTube (pre 2.3) that still work as reference.

You have to go past the fattie undamaged and strategically kill the freemen at the container's door (one char at the bottom and two on the top). Then the walkers do the dirty work with the other freemen and you just run to the finish line (here you will need some dodges). Keep trying and you will get perfect spawns and dodges eventually.

Mavericks Guild Family
    MattOfEarth
  • MacVMacV Member Posts: 137
    I pretty much breezed through14.4 and14.5 after the update today. (I did see the post re: low health bug for the Freeman....damn.)
    However, stuck 14.6 nightmare now. Have all lvl 23 armor, trying all combos. Getting the farthest with 2 hunters and a shooter. Regardless of combos, just sustaining too much damage before I get to those last 2 hunters Freeman hunters.
    Who has beat this, and what strategies can you share?
    MacV (Trinity)
    "The two most powerful warriors are patience and time." Tolstoy
  • General_QuatreGeneral_Quatre Member Posts: 990
    I think the idea is it'll be impossible until you're Level 21 (possibly with Level 24 gear). Thankfully, Story Missions don't increase in RSL when you level up (unless I'm forgetting)
    MacVAngieMathesonbigbeano
  • dahly55dahly55 Member Posts: 5
    Yeah finally beat 14.5 today with the low health glitch but it still took several tries, you have to work on the gate and kill the level 23 scout at the right time to have the fatties and the armor feast on him while you wait out the turns to open the gate, then make short work of the 150 health point freeman to get to the end beat it now while before they fix it. 14.6 sadly was not glitchy and will have to play the slow upgrade process to try again
    MacV
  • The_JerThe_Jer Member Posts: 293
    I was able to get through 14-5 nightmare due to the current bug with low health freemen, and more importantly assault charge attack - it worked on the tanks. Of course my stun resistant gear doesn't work, so if you cannot get thru the gate before using your last stun charge, you're screwed. On 14-6, the freemen are back to "normal" health, but stun resistant gear does not work so the 2 bruisers pound one of my guys relentlessly until dead
    Just curious while I'm building lvl 21 survivors and gear to 24, has anyone beat 14.6 nightmare yet? And if yes, what did younuse.
    MacV (Trinity)
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 4,105
    I4-6 Nightmare is my last mission to conquer, so I'm going to try with Rosita in the leader position with 2 Shooters with hi-powered guns. You can pick off the first two Freemen easy just by plinking at long range. Just don't move up. It's just those damn Bruisers that come up after you kill them. I learned the hard way that my anti-stun armor was worthless. I'll definitely go back with Level 21 Survivors and Level 24 gear. I can see that as beating that map.
    Troublemaker
    It should be easily beatable with lvl 21 survivors and lvl 24 gear.

Almost did it multiple times with lvl 20 / 23.
    Mavericks Guild Family
  • WalkerSayWhatWalkerSayWhat Member Posts: 3
    edited April 2017
    I finally completed 14-6 Nightmare with lvl 21 survivors and lvl 23 gear.
    Hunter+Shooter+Bruiser (no great tactical decision there, those are just the 3 I've upgraded already).

But, if you are an NML genius, looks like you can complete it with lvl 20 survivors.
    http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/24696/completed-chapter-14-nightmare-mode
    avelardez
  • MetalMetal Member Posts: 485
    Agreed impossible, with 3 level 21 hunters and some have 24 gear and weapons it takes like 8 shots to kill one freeman, by that time level 26 come out and your done
    stopdecker34
    All missions easily doable after 2.5 update.
    Mavericks Guild Family
  • MetalMetal Member Posts: 485
    Not the last 2 on the church in nightmare mode, impossible
    bigbeanoGuapoafroponix
  • RWSRWS Member Posts: 308
    Still possible, finished both last week.
    avelardezanderfm12Guapoafroponix
    Metal said:

Not the last 2 on the church in nightmare mode, impossible

They are possible.

I did 14.6 with Rosita + Shooter + Shooter and it wasn't even close to impossible.

1. On the first action, move Rosita up one square and bottom Shooter down on square. Click "Overwatch";
    2. Warriors will hide instead of attacking. Just pinpoint them to death without getting close and triggering their attention. Charge Shooters if possible;
    3. Overwatch until the Bruisers come close. Kill them as fast as possible (focus on one each time). Use Stun Resist armor if possible;
    4. Watch out for walkers coming from the left and use barricades to kill Hunters.
    Mavericks Guild Family
  • BrahianTorressBrahianTorress Member Posts: 12
    Hi, I have the characters to level 19 and I take it like this, I could not miss the missions anymore, what do you think? Greetings from Uruguay Walkers, Sorry for my bad English
  • zeoweruszeowerus Member Posts: 138
    martin is awesome.
  • fire_waterfire_water Member Posts: 257
    ugh stuck at 14.6 van zandt ... level 19 survivors recommended, my survivors are at level 16 only .. killed by hunters at the back

any tips/tricks ? or give up & wait till i upgrade my survivors first ?
  • TWDSkutterTWDSkutter Member Posts: 160
    With 2 x 21 shooters (long range) and a 21 bruiser it was pretty easy on nightmare. Plink the saviours long range as they run in. Hunters same. The z's that pop were ok.

The shooter charged attacks really help and although my bruiser seemed to not stun initially (against lvl 25s), she did better in later rounds.

One heavy injury, one injured.

Will take decent equipment (pistols were 24s) but definitely doable.
    This space for rent

["Retribution" guild ... email [email protected] for info]
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 4,105

I4-6 Nightmare is my last mission to conquer, so I'm going to try with Rosita in the leader position with 2 Shooters with hi-powered guns. You can pick off the first two Freemen easy just by plinking at long range. Just don't move up. It's just those damn Bruisers that come up after you kill them. I learned the hard way that my anti-stun armor was worthless. I'll definitely go back with Level 21 Survivors and Level 24 gear. I can see that as beating that map.

Just competed 14-6 with Rosita, a Bruiser, and a Shooter (all Level 21 with Level 23 gear). I tried first with Rosita and 2 Shooters, but I still had one Freemen Bruiser come up and stun and I could not take them out until Rosita was heavily injured and she immediately died when the two Level 25 Walkers came out. That's when I swapped out one of the Shooters with a Bruiser. That worked much better. It was nice to stun Van Zandt's goons (for 2 rounds with my Gold Concussion trait weapon) and finish them off with gunfire. The last two Freemen Hunters were a pain to take out, but down they went after several shots from my Shooter.

In the end, I ended up with heavy injury to Rosita and my Bruiser and no injury to my Shooter. I might have taken less injury had I not come up within range of Van Zandt's pistol, but I wanted to end it early.

Good luck everyone! Let's hope we someday get Episode 15. :sunglasses:
    Conan1976MacV
    FINALLY!!! Beat it with Daryl and his new crossbow, lvl 21 assault and shooter both with 24 lvl gold pierce and gold stun resistance. Phew. Thanks all. I incorperated eveyones tips and figured out who I had that could get the job done.

Now what?
    MacV (Trinity)
  • tigerfeettigerfeet Member Posts: 54
    Beat both of the last levels as well over the last day, haven't tried it for ages but gave it a go and got through with some injuries. 14.5 used two bruisers and a scout so restricted spawned walkers and then for 14.6 again two bruisers and a shooter. All were level 21 with 24 gear, Negan in the team leader slot both times.
  • suestormsuestorm Member Posts: 14
    Happy to announce 14-5 and 14-6 are possible. I completed 14-5 with two bruisers and a scout. And 14-6 with two shooters and a bruiser. All level 21 legendary with level 24 legendary gear. Keep going guys, it is possible to win the game!
  • afroponixafroponix Member Posts: 503
    edited June 2017
    Extremely easy to do, pretty much just don't kill van Zandt lol
    Guts & Glory, not always in that order.
  • Phalanx44Phalanx44 Member Posts: 263
    I went with a 7 star bruiser with gold concussion, health boost and iron skin, then two shooters, a 6 star and an epic, each with gold high-powered on their weapons. The rest writes itself;

my bruiser stood point and stunned the warriors each as they came in, and alternating every turn thereafter, while my shooters stayed to the far left. Killed both - no damage taken. One charge point for each shooter.

Did the exact same thing with the next two bruisers, alternating stuns while my shooters pecked at them. Again, 0 damage taken. One shooter at full charge, bruiser with ine charge point.

Next i took care of the spawned walkers, finished charging up my bruiser and other shooter in the process. As soon as one hunter was close enough, I bum rushed him with my bruiser, used my charge getting a two turn stun, and simultaneously taking cover from van zant. My shooters focused on the other hunter with full charge attacks, from max range.

Two turns later, both hunters were done for; my bruiser in red health, and my shooters with 100% health each.

Definitely possible, and easier than 14-5 in my opinion.
    MrsScattercushion