Why are there not confirmation dialogues on the find and upgrade Survivor buttons?

Twice now I have accidentally upgraded a skill on a Survivor I did not intend just by simply inadvertently tapping the button. I lived with the first one because I didn't want to have to bother writing support and frankly thought it was stupid I had to do that, but now it just happened again. It also happened once on the radio call screen and I admit I got very lucky on that one to get a good Survivor, but the point is exactly the same.

Why in the world isn't there a simple confirmation Dialogue on these very important actions in this game? It's such a simplistic question then I have to think the developers absolutely know that this is the case and intentionally leave it like that. I'm not much of a conspiracy theorist but what other conclusion can you come to other than they intentionally want you to make that kind of mistake so that you hopefully burn through some of the resources you have so painstakingly assembled to try to drive you to spend more money to replace them after you make that kind of mistake? Otherwise the software company is opening themselves up to having to repeatedly address these kinds of mistakes through support tickets, which doesn't make sense at all when a simple one click dialog could eliminate 99% plus of these types of erroneous selections.

This is pretty ridiculous guys.
Shut_UpEiphosSurvivor6ixMarcus6253StarkhornJonnyAMbsgper4crambert_neckscarlett5683

Comments

• Shut_UpShut_Up Member Posts: 2,295
    edited February 2017
    Yeah this gets asked for every once in a while. I don't think NG is opposed to giving it to us but it's a low priority for them. If we keep bringing it up it may help so I agree give us the butto . I've hit upgrade survivor a couple of times when I didn't want to because it's in the same position as "start mission." Now I take my time but it is needed.

Support won't reverse any upgrade mistakes because they think it's unfair.

Add the button please.
  • EiphosEiphos Member Posts: 11
    Agree, I keep blowing phones on the wrong choice thanks to lag. The lag can't be helped but the conformation would prevent it.
  • TXbossTXboss Member Posts: 36
    Another vote for this - an accidental survivor upgrade, in my case, recently blew a whole weekend's worth of intensive token collecting. Incredibly frustrating.
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 2,065
    Agreed, although having to confirm every action has its own draw-backs.
  • EL34xyzEL34xyz Member Posts: 1,872
    +1 on that
  • Marcus6253Marcus6253 Member Posts: 221
    Yes, that's just what the UI needs is more confirmation button presses to keep careless people from taking actions they "mistakenly" make. Please, don't make me push more buttons because you can't bother to pay attention to which button you are pressing.
    EL34xyzbsgper4JadenStarkhorn
  • EL34xyzEL34xyz Member Posts: 1,872

Yes, that's just what the UI needs is more confirmation button presses to keep careless people from taking actions they "mistakenly" make. Please, don't make me push more buttons because you can't bother to pay attention to which button you are pressing.

The game has become a mindless grind sometimes
    I'll sit and watch TV while doing scavenge missions
    Who needs to concentrate on the game for that boring grind

I can understand hitting the wrong thing on some screens
    Been there, done that
    Jaden
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 2,065
    rofl
  • DoTakDoTak Member Posts: 1,964
    @meathead013
    This game was developed for humans, not cave trolls, lol
    SCBMABigRich
  • bigbeanobigbeano Member Posts: 602
    edited February 2017
    I bet STU would love to put in his 0.02 cents here!LMAO!!!
    DoTak
  • HelioHelio Member Posts: 522
    Since there is no point in hoarding phones, I have moved onto hoarding tokens... just in case I get that perfect legendary survivor...

So whenever I visit the survivor screen, I get nervous I'm going to accidentally promote a survivor... a confirmation button would definitely be a nice feature...
  • blynknzblynknz Member Posts: 1,988
    I haven't ever upgraded a survivor, but I have used many radios on incorrect calls.

I agree that important things like that should have confirmation buttons.
    jimmorrison369bsgper4Jaden