New Scout Weapon

iozzegiozzeg Member Posts: 158
So, got one of these for 5k TG, sadly it's not for our old friend Rufus, because I personally think he would look great with it, you know, the style is all there.
Anyone tested it already? How does it work comparing it to the kingdom spear?

capibarajimmorrison369T_12707EmeraldTrianglebigbeano

Comments

• GladiGladi Member Posts: 616

Looking forward to upgrade it.
    iozzegbsgper4JadenT_12
  • iozzegiozzeg Member Posts: 158
    Yep, and some more screens:

JadenT_12BigRichflyingcowking
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 2,065
    Awesome, I'll be doing some outpost before shop resets.
    Been waiting for this :).
    No need to hurry @jimmorrison369 , it is whole week offer.
    jimmorrison369
  • gespuergespuer Member Posts: 1,565
    So any experiences with the kingdom spear or this new item? I didn't purchase the spear back then. Thank for sharing. ;)
    bsgper4
  • bsgper4bsgper4 Member Posts: 309
    edited February 2017
    It looks cool but I don't have the kingdom spear either, so I have no insight on how it works.
    Is it worth the 5ktg or are people gonna start being unnecessarily snarky abt how dare they ask for so much?

How many spaces can you have btw your survivor and closest walker for the weapon to work?
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    bsgper4 said:

It looks cool but I don't have the kingdom spear either, so I have no insight on how it works.

Is it worth the 5ktg or are people gonna start being unnecessarily snarky abt how dare they ask for so much?

Yes, and yes.
    I've set my timer to see how long before the N word gets mentioned
    vshield50bsgper4SCBMA
    @bsgper4
    It is the only way to obtain such a weapon for free.
    Personally I would've bought it even if it was 25,000 TG. (that would be a good reason to be snarky though)

I think 5K tg is a steal for a unique weapon only obtainable by paying 17 euro/pound/dollar otherwise (the paid one is much better though, but I ain't buying that).
    atrainofficialJadenbsgper4Pig
    @bsgper4 Tried it in scavenge mission and in outpost too. It is big fun and it can pierce up to 3 oponents(see my picture above). Im bit curious about dmg once upgraded, bit guessing here, but with some aproximaton, I believe 2,2-2,3k(lvl23) is not impossible(with leg scout lvl20).
    gespuerbsgper4
  • DoTakDoTak Member Posts: 1,964
    Awesome. I have the spear and love it. Glad there's a similar one here available for TGs so more people can try it out. :)
    iozzegJadenbigbeano
  • atrainofficialatrainofficial Member Posts: 255
    if it's like the Spear, it will be the same damage as a Level 22 even tho it's a Level 23. Give or take a couple points.
    jimmorrison369JadenDoTak
  • General_QuatreGeneral_Quatre Member Posts: 990
    Are those 3 traits fixed, or are the traits random upon purchase?
    @General_Quatre I believe fixed as I saw them before purchase. In TG shop they were with question marks though.
    iozzegJaden
    edited February 2017

if it's like the Spear, it will be the same damage as a Level 22 even tho it's a Level 23. Give or take a couple points.

That would be the case if the spear was legendary.
    But it isn't, the legendary spear does 16/19 of the damage a normal legendary scout weapon would do. (this is indeed about lvl -1)
    I can see that this rare spear will do 14/17 of the damage a normal rare scout weapon would do. (this also is lvl -1, but compared to a rare weapon, and this is also -1 when compared to legendary)

I won't bother to much with the calculation, but if you want to calculate for yourself click.

The rare spear will do 1265 damage (+ or - 1).
    This puts him just about 50 damage above a legendary lvl21 scout weapon.

So keep that in mind. The weapon may be fun, but it is lvl -2 when compared to regular legendary scout weapons.

ggbatsiozzeg
  • General_QuatreGeneral_Quatre Member Posts: 990
    Does that include the 10% Lethal trait?
    no.

This is true, but that's not factoring in the gold lethal trait

I haven't got another upgraded lvl 23 weapon to compare, but I believe the numbers look like this:

Leg 23 spear base damage 1446, with gold lethal 1663
    Leg 23 weapon without lethal, base damage 1717

So the spear ain't no toothpick ;)
    jimmorrison369
    edited February 2017
    @DoTak
    While this is true.
    It is also true for a regular scout knife with equal traits.
    (In your example, it would be fair to use a knife with lethal trait to compare)

It is same difference.
    That is why I don't take lethal into account.

Also, don't forget that this pitch-fork is rare, not legendary.

This doesn't in anyway disqualify the weapon.
    You can hit up to 3 targets at once!
    DoTak
    I picked up the pitchfork as well and intend to upgrade it (some day). Aside from it's unique look, these weapons add some versatility to scouts, much like Morgan's staff and Wide Margin do with bruisers. Agreed, you can find better weapons with better traits, but not the functionality of being able to attack multiple targets.
    jimmorrison369
    edited February 2017
    Ah, I see now in @DoTak picture.

The damage for the rare pitch-fork is equal to legendary scout armor.
    Indeed, it has lethal trait. So, a level 23 pitch fork will do 1265*110%= 1392

A normal legendary scout weapon with 10% lethal trait will do 1717*110%=1889

That difference is substantial. This can mean that you hit 3 walkers with pitch-fork, but they don't die.
    DoTakJackBauer
  • JackBauerJackBauer Member Posts: 1,550
    So we have the pitchfork and the reckonin what else is missing for our mob ?
    -----------------
    Remember to use your charge abilities
    jimmorrison369JadenSCBMA
  • vshield50vshield50 Member Posts: 2,235
    Any rumors concerning any potential nerfing of this item after purchase? That one was for you Mabiki ;) lol

I am going to wait for this item (or one like it) to come out as legendary. Hopefully it will remain as it is currently being advertised...
  • GrimGaelGrimGael Member Posts: 1,410
    Incidentally, it's a manure fork (not for hay) Make of that what you will. I intentionally bought it before coming on here and reading snarky comments about how they were robbing us of our hard earned tg. Looks great on Glenn, since he's all about the tomatoes. Should be able to sort that dumpster at record speed now.
    DoTakSCBMAvshield50bigbeano
  • GrimGaelGrimGael Member Posts: 1,410
    No, don't @SCBMA. 5 tine manure forks are notorious for getting stuck in bony targets like skulls and ribcages. Er, that's what I've heard, that is.
    DoTakSCBMA
  • GindyGindy Member Posts: 703
    Torches, @JackBauer. We definitely are missing some torches!
    JadenDoTakSCBMAJackBauer
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,067
    Don't forget to bring your shovels, either...
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    JackBauer
  • Shut_UpShut_Up Member Posts: 2,295
    @jimmorrison369 Why did you start comparing armor to weapons, was that sarcasm or did you mean to do that to show a connection between the damage values or something else?
    edited February 2017
    Shut_Up said:

@jimmorrison369 Why did you start comparing armor to weapons, was that sarcasm or did you mean to do that to show a connection between the damage values or something else?

The rare pitch fork has exactly the same damage compared to the armor on legendary scout armor. (from the same level)
    That is because it is in the same scale.

So a lvl 23 legendary scout armor has the same number as a lvl23 rare pitch fork.
    This counts for all the levels.

It is also the same as:
    hunter legendary armor
    Assault ucommon armor
    Warrior rare armor
    shooter rare armor
    shooter uncommon weapon

They all dance in the same scale.
    There is a connection. This connection is in the link a posted in a previous post on this page.