Freemen armour mechanics

How does their armour work?
It seems like you have to destroy the armour first before they take any damage right?
Last challange mission the Freeman had 42 points left on the armour, hit him with a critical for over 2000 hitpoints. Looked at hin and he had full health, over 3000.
He hit two of my guys with one shot. Both git heavy injury on one shot so he hit through my armour and gave heavy injury at the same time.
Should i call Deadpool and ask him ty scream OP?

Comments

• jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 2,007
    Their armor works like ours.
    It ads health to the survivor total health.

You can kill a freemen in 2 shots, just like your survivor also has a minimum of 2 shots to be killed.

No difference there.
  • wasteoftimewasteoftime Member Posts: 31
    Jim Morrison see above is on crack At least for level 24 free man Woodberry. Challenge freeman took down a level 20 Sasha in 2 hunter shots and one sword swipe
    We're as it took at least six most likely seven shots from level 23 hunter weapons to kill him btw it's hunter week ( plus 50) That's bs
    jimmorrison369
  • JellaxJellax Member Posts: 2
    Then I got caught on a bug because when I shot him and his armour had 42 points left only the armour got damage. His health was full.
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 2,007
    edited February 2017
    Jellax said:

Then I got caught on a bug because when I shot him and his armour had 42 points left only the armour got damage. His health was full.

I think you are mistaking the green bar for being armor.
    Both bars are health.

But that is beside the point.
    There is no overlap, first bar first, second bar second.

It's best to keep it that way, changing it would also mean that your survivors could get killed in 1 hit.
  • jamminjammin Member Posts: 55
    If walkers are involved, that first green bar is key. A free man with a low green bar can go into struggle with an attacking walker, thus removing both from the game.
  • HelioHelio Member Posts: 522
    @Jellax

Just to be clear, if the green bar has 1hp left, and you do 1000 damage, you successfully removed the green bar and nothing caries over to the red bar...

Now you have to get that red bar to 0...