Star equivalent

Can someone point me in the direction of what the current challenge stars are equivalent to the old system. I am trying to redo the minimum star requirements and need something to base it off of. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• KaLiKaLi Member Posts: 426
    edited February 2017
    It's difficult as each week and challenge map is different.

If you scored like 430 stars in the previous challenge you can go like 1.1k+ stars in this new challenge rework

It's hard to set minimums but I would say that you can achieve at least 2x more stars than compared to the old system
  • NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,066
    I would say 1,000 is the new 450. I'm sure other may have a different view. Good luck.
    KaLijesterwazzujoel
  • docfinzenburgdocfinzenburg Member Posts: 543
    i scored 430 in the old challenge 2 times as a f2p, other weeks around 400, from my point of view i would consider the equivalent now 850 - 900, this is the point where you have finished RSL 24
    wazzujoelp_herianenigma12jimmorrison369
  • Ty_Ty_ Member Posts: 64
    From what I've seen so far, depends now more on if you F2P or not.

A 'normal playing' F2P will get somewhere between 700-850, depending on gas refills, gas rewards and in-game gold.

To get more, you need to either play like every 3-4 hours every day whilst your awake or buy resources (booster and/or gold).
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,526
    It's hard to say exactly a comparison of old to new. Many different factors.

I consider myself a somewhat f2p. I buy gas once a week but no gold used. I used to get 350. Now it's about 700.

RSL 23.1 is easier than RSL 22.3 in my opinion. And I like my survivors to be ready for outposts so I play higher RSL's at night before bed.

That being said on any RSL's you overall get more stars compared to old but everyone should be able to get 200. 200 is just an active minumum. 400 for somewhat competitive guilds. 700 is even easy for f2p whom play mostly only challenges.

It's gonna take a few challenges I think to create an effective minumum.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    JadenwazzujoelBttlOpener
    @DLich is the Yoda of stats so I defer to him. We really do need to look at the new standards from both the FtP and PtP perspectives.
  • wazzujoelwazzujoel Member Posts: 40
    Before 2.4 I was about 450 per week as a f2p player. After 2.4 I have got like 910 and 1000+ but the 1000+ was due to hunter week. I'd say 450 old system equals about 900-950 on new system
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,085
    Sounds like the consensus is to approximately double the number of stars earned, as @KaLi suggested.

FWIW, I can easily get to 800-900 by Saturday night without any gas booster. I usually have to start being more careful and thoughtful on maps after I get to around 800 stars. As a benchmark, I scored between 400-420 prior to challenge 2.0.

The only important thing to keep in mind is how minimum star requirements might impact lower level players in your guild (if there are any). Most of the posts in this thread have focused on players with maxed camps and survivors, but minimum star requirements might certainly be different for lower level players because they all start from different points than we do.
    Elder in Legacy Eh, a top 10 global Challenge and Guild Wars guild
    PM me or visit this link to join the Eh family!
    Visit this link for my Distance and Challenge strategy videos
  • GladiGladi Member Posts: 616
    I did about 420 last 2 challenges before 2.4 update. After update, I made 860 and 909 stars as completely F2P, no gold for gas, no 24hour gas, and just (very)few coins spent for healing. So I believe stars requirements can be doubled, competitive guilds can go even slightly higher. For F2P pl58 with bunch of leg survs in each class(no pinks required) and equip mainly lvl22/23 leg, roughly 900 stars is finish line imo. Depends on skill and free time of course.
  • Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    F2P with no gas boosters and used to get 350-380. Now getting 780-800, still with no boosters or gold used.
    Hope this helps a little.
    Oh, and maxed out on camp, survivor and gear.
    I know I should be getting more but I get bored easily! ;)
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
  • b32ramzyb32ramzy Member Posts: 42
    I am having a hard time understanding the weekly challenges with the update. I have level 17 players and I use to get about 250 stars per challenge. Now I am struggling to get 100 stars. Can anyone please provide a simple breakdown of how people are doubling their star counts?
    edited February 2017
    @b32ramzy how far can you make it in the challenge getting a perfect 3 stars on all 6 missions and what is your starting level on the challenge?
  • GladiGladi Member Posts: 616
    @b32ramzy So you was getting up to RSL15/16 in old challenges. Now you start @ RSL12(?) so you can make "only" 3-4 rounds and you are at same difficulty. The point how ppl get double is, that good survs with good equip can fight 3 or more lvls above(for you it will be RSL20).
    To get to RSL 20, you will have to pass RSL12/13/14/15 and 3 times RSL16/17/18/19/20, thats 19 rounds. 19*18=342 stars plus bonus stars(324) for all those rounds, so for perfect results, you could get up to 666 stars(what a number). You need to a)get better survs b)improve your equip c)improve your skill/tactics or any combination of a), b) and c) and you will double your previous results. "Easy" as that. Top guys completing RSL30(10 lvls above their survs) repeatedly.
  • BttlOpenerBttlOpener Member Posts: 830
    @b32ramzy If you have the ability, post a few screen shots of your survivors. Some of the problems you are encountering might be the equipment on your survivors.
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,085
    If you aren't upgrading your survivors' gear, then it might be worth your time to read this friendly PSA!

http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/22580/psa-upgrade-your-gear-and-tell-your-guildmates-to-do-so
    Elder in Legacy Eh, a top 10 global Challenge and Guild Wars guild
    PM me or visit this link to join the Eh family!
    Visit this link for my Distance and Challenge strategy videos