Wrestling trait overpowered

This just in: like many of you I had built my team and all gear around luck+dodge+interrupt before v2.3.
These traits got nerfed big time (maybe a bit too harsh and without any warning, but that's another story).

Try nailing me to the cross if you must, but the game got better by toning down these overpowered traits.
The game had become a simple 'run and dodge' game on many maps (if that's a category ;)

@Shteevie @Teeceezy
A similar thing is happening right now with the wrestling trait IMHO.
I'm finding myself (and all my guildies) pretty much wrestling through the high levels, with the occasional lucky spawn in some missions (which prevents us from wrestling). This got boring very, very quickly. I don't think this game should be reduced to one single trait and all strategies tailored around it, same as it did with interrupt+dodge. NML turning from said 'run and dodge' game into a 'wrestling game'.

Any armor without gold wrestling trait is pretty much a wasted armor, and that in itself proves that it is overpowered.
As briefly touched in the thread about 'low-level survivor loophole', toning down the wrestling trait might very well render the LLS obsolete.
Two birds, one stone kinda thing.

BTW, I am seeing a 100% success rate with wrestling armor in the first round, have never seen a delayed or failed wrestling (with gold trait), but maybe I am wrong and I overlooked it.

(Let's pls keep this discussion civil, I mean no harm to anyone, but want to progress the game. Think about it, do you really want to repeat mission after mission, round after round only wrestling walkers?)
If you would like to join a drama-free and fun group of enthusiasts,
contact us via email at [email protected]
Loewe1968szgerg77JadenFester17sligoemdemongirlJayZMarcus6253SCBMAbladgierNecroboogie8N8KaLiratonSekushiAmigaSlowMojester_radicsggbatsAmazaynDanofthedeadT_12RedEye52blynknzbsgper4walker_say_whatmellow_93Survivor420

Comments

• JackBauerJackBauer Member Posts: 1,550
    Wrestling trait should just work same as body shots or as no dodges happen against higher opponents.
    NG even don't need to write new code.
    -----------------
    Remember to use your charge abilities
    WeekOneLoewe1968JayZNecroboogieT_12KaLibuchizombiebreathjammin
  • capibaracapibara Member Posts: 5,809
    edited February 2017
    Yep as said @szgerg77 there are probably 200 players worried about that (less for sure...). How many ppls are playing NML @Teeceezy ?
    "Always be yourself unless you can be a capybara. Then always be a capybara".
    --> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.
    SCBMAggbatsT_12RedEye52
  • PutchucoPutchuco Member Posts: 1,289
    JayZ said:

The "NG's decisions should revolve around me because I care about the leaderboard" attitude is honestly kind of sickening. Go outside this weekend bro. The weather is supposed to be nice in most parts of the U.S. (if that's where you're from). Spend some time with your family and friends (if you have any), instead of complaining about things that affect 1% of the player base.

I had wished we could've stayed away from lines like this and keep it civil.
    Steeboon
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 2,672
    edited February 2017
    @Shteevie @Teeceezy

Here you go...

Gold wrestler
    (Survivor level / walker level ) x 60%

Silver wrestler
    (Survivor level / walker level ) x 40%

Bronze wrestler
    (Survivor level / walker level ) x 20%
    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]
    blynknz
  • CRUSHCRUSH Member Posts: 583
    Squall said:

Talking about wrestling, may i suggest to summon "The Rock"

If You Smellll, what The Rock is Playing :sunglasses:

"The Rock" with a sock as special weapon. If you smell, how the sock is...

capibaraSquall_NMLT_12
  • CRUSHCRUSH Member Posts: 583
    edited February 2017
    It's definitely overpowered, but goooooooood.
    Oops, where is the video clip?
    anniesprinkles
  • GebobsGebobs Member Posts: 428
    edited February 2017
    I honestly don't know how folks can do 1000+ stars in a challenge. Aside from all the gas it takes, it takes a LOT of time. I get to about 800 stars and that requires as much commitment to the game as I can give, probably too much. And on top of that, it gets pretty boring doing the same six missions over and over and over again.

Personally, I can't be bothered with all the detail on the traits. All my gear is legendary and I'm just fine trying to max out their level. I'm not going to be worried if this trait is better than that one. If my survivors get clobbered because of it, so be it.
    szgerg77
    @Verbaub and others, 're-balancing' is the word I would use here.
    Having wrestler trait kick in and give you an option to gain a star that you cant win otherwise, super.

But, wrestling trait is bugged, it works 100% of the time and it isnt supposed to.
    Secondly, just by wrestling we can roam through almost all missions and rounds endlessly, only limited by gas, time and gold for healing.

The introduction of the spiked walker is a good addition to fight this boredom and single-minded strategy.
    Loewe1968SekushiSCBMAdemongirlbladgierNCDawgFanGuapoBalubanszgerg77bsgper4
  • David_H79David_H79 Moderator Posts: 1,866
    @Putchuco If you only mean that the chance is 100% instead of 20/40/60%, then this thread has to be moved to the Bugs section.
    So the developers can have a look at it. :)
    @David_H79 , it is both: It doesnt work as intended and advertised and it is unbalanced. :wink:
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,526
    @Putchuco I have a lvl 23 Ragtag scout weapon with silver interrupt (80%) on a 6 star scout with lvl 6 luck (20%) and when I add the two it's 96% chance of interrupt. I use him in outposts vs lvl 19 opponents (normal, armored, tank) and it goes off so often that when the 4 out of 100 times it doesn't go off is so seldom that I often forget it's not 100%.

I'm not saying your experience isn't valid, if the issue is that it's going off 100 out of 100 or even 1000 out of 1000 times then yes it should be brought to the bug section. Otherwise as I mentioned above if you have -

Silver Wrestler is 40% chance
    Gold Wrestler is 60% chance

Gold Luck on a weapon is 20%
    lvl 6 Luck on a survivor is 20%

Silver Wrestler trait would be 40% + 16% = 56% chance to kill a walker you're struggling with during your turn
    Gold Wrestler trait would be 60% + 24% = 84% chance to kill a walker you're struggling with during your turn

It's not far off that if it's 84 out of 100 times it should average going off, that if you have it go off 30 times in a row it could be misconstrued as "always" working. If it hadn't gone off 30 times in a row I would absolutely think there's an issue.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    Sekushiszgerg77KaLi
    @Dlich, totally agree on your numbers.
    Have you EVER seen a gold wrestling NOT kill a W in the very first turn? Anyone else?
    My perception is even without any luck the gold wrestling kills ALL the time in the first round.
    MCbentonBalubanbigbeano
  • WeekOneWeekOne Member Posts: 1,195
    Hi @Teeceezy <3 I love that comment... Can I create that thread? Lol

OK... I'll hopefully be out of the forum jail on March 6th for good behaviour *wink*