Game not saved?

GarretGarret Member Posts: 135
Hello everyone, I have a weird message in game.'It says that my game is not saved and it asks me to connect to ggogle play.
When I press the joystick button (upper left corner) it asks me if I want to load previous game that is stated as level 1. of course I press no.
But the question is: How did that happen? and what must I do to ensure that my game is saved to my google play account?

Comments

• zbotzbot Legendary Moderator Posts: 6,454
    Most likely you restarted the game using the same google play account. The game only allows for 1 save game per account.

Please Contact support and provide them with the following:

Current game (the save game you want to keep)
    Player name:
    Player level:
    Guild name (if any):

Old game:
    Player name:
    Player Level:
    Guild name (if any):

Garret
  • GarretGarret Member Posts: 135
    @zbot
    I sent them my request.
    this is their answer

Hi survivor,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

I am sorry to hear about the issue you are facing with your game.

In this case you will need to restore the other game which is player level 1 and send us a new in-game message from that account. Once that's done I will be able to change the Google Play connection to your current game. When contacting us from that game, please make sure to include the following information: ***********. I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Looking forward to hear from you!

Shoyld I push the button?
    I am afraid that my game will be lost, have you heard similar cases with the same response?
    @Garret that's how I lost my game back in Nov 2015. Started the game learned how to play then restarted with the same game center account. My little guy pressed the button to restore game and it restored my old save game not the new one but support was able to restore it.

So yes they can restore your game. It's just a matter of when you want to do it since it does take some time for support to restore it. Just make sure you have the information support request (a screenshot of your info from the guild screen should have all the information.

FYI: Support is closed on the weekend and they are based in Finland so need to account for time difference.

That way you can still enjoy your game and reduce the downtime from lost games.

Hope this makes sense.

Garret
    @zbot thanks!!
    that s what i am thinknig about, doing this process in next monday when the challenge is finished.

i will have all the scrennshots profile and guild!!
    I ll let you know
    @garret keep me posted. When you say next monday, make sure it's Monday in Finland and hopefully during business hours..
    they answered me today 17h after sending my message.
    I think i can figure out the time zone, so ok!
    @zbot thanks again!
    update
    it took them less than 4 hours to find and restore my game.
    the instructions provided were really simple and I ended the process easily, here are the instructions provided ny NG for future reference

Hi survivor,

Thanks for providing me the information!

I'm happy to inform you that I have successfully reconnected the right save to your Google Play account. To make the game offer you to load your original camp, you may need to take the following steps:
    1. Delete the game from your device and remove ALL the data from The Walking Dead
    2. Make sure you're logged into your Google Play ID throughout your device: Google Play Games, Google Play Store, everything
    3. Download the game from the Play Store, but don't start the game yet!
    4. Open up the Google Play Games app on your device
    5. Launch The Walking Dead through the Google Play Games app
    6. When the game prompts if you want to load a previous game, select Yes
    After this, everything should be back to normal again. If you run into any additional questions, feel free to throw me another message and I'll get back to you as quickly as possible.

Happy walker-hunting!

all in all great work!

@zbot thank you!
    thanks NG!
    Walkerballz
    @Garret good to hear! The instructions only work if NG support does their magic on the back end. Also the instructions need to be followed exactly.