Outpost: defensive vs offensive mode

yoyosyoyos Member Posts: 73
Hello

I don't really understand the player defensive and offensive position in outpost.
Defense, does it mean it will try to protect behind something and never shoot, even if a friend is attacked ? He's gonna shoot only when he's in danger and will try to come back and hide, leaving his dying friends ?

On the other side, offensive, does this mean the player won't protect himself behind something if he can and will just run and die stupidly as soon as he's got someone in range ? So a shooter won't go back protect himself while still in range for attacking ?

Could you help me understand. For the moment, I put my shooter and sniper in defensive mode and my melee in offensive, don't know if I really understand what they'll do

Thanks !
Ranked Guild Amazons, check out for free rooms :)
Tapatio75JackBauerSurvivor420

Comments

• HelioHelio Member Posts: 522
    I believe if you have it set to defensive, they won't move/attack until the enemy is in range... but if you set it to offensive, once they spot an enemy, they will move to attack.

Survivor420T_12
  • bigbeanobigbeano Member Posts: 595
    The ranged survivors will shoot when they see the raiders,only problem is if they decide to hang back by the gate and kill the melee survivor that goes for them.Then go in for the others.
    Survivor420
  • yoyosyoyos Member Posts: 73
    edited February 2017
    If I put all 3 in offensive. Will they still hide behind objects or they will stay standing and uncovered ?

And If ennemy only spot one of my player, will other player move with the one spotted ?

That's not very clear and in-game description is so inaccurate.
    Add the fact that you cannot see how your player reacts with your settings ...
  • Squall_NMLSquall_NML Member Posts: 737
    If you put in offensive, your survivor will pursue the attackers, can hide behind the objects if they need to.

If you put in defensive, your survivor will always hide behind the object, and can attack the closest attacker in range.

If you put in stationary, your survivor will stand still, won't budge even an inch till they fall, and yet can attack any survivor in their range.

If the enemies only spot 1 of your survivor, the others won't react as long as they can't see them.

That's only my opinion, maybe other fella has better explanation. ;)
    jimmorrison369GrimGaelszgerg77Survivor420
  • GrimGaelGrimGael Member Posts: 1,410
    That's about it. Also, if you have someone in there with one of those "in your turn...if survivor didn't move" traits, they almost have to be set to stationary to use them. Otherwise, defenders tend to move around to get the best shot + be in cover. Personally, I don't try to utilize that and regard ones like sure shot and power strike as null traits for defenders. And forget any of the overwatch ones for any reason.
    Dodkong
  • yoyosyoyos Member Posts: 73
    That's what I was thinking. If someone else has made some discoveries to share :D Thanks !
    Come now, lol. Don't just poop out a disagree and not set me straight, @Dodkong It's like a flyby from an incontinent pigeon.
    Unless it's here, I _am_ collecting them:

http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/22409/disagreeable-post#latest
    1RisJadenDodkongbigbeano
  • bigbeanobigbeano Member Posts: 595
    Lol,@ GrimGael,I thought you liked it when they disagree?
    I do. But we're on this particular thread to help @yoyos and not clarifying doesn't
    Lol, now you must visit my disagreeable post thread and give me two as you've upset a very delicate balance.
    1RisbigbeanoJadenT_12
  • T_12T_12 Member Posts: 712
    Best solution to clear doubts in this thread:- OUTPOST REPLAYS
    Alive!